How old are your kids?

We were there last summer the first week Galaxy's Edge was open and got put standing at the bar even though we were only the 2nd party to enter the Cantina that day. There are very few sit down tables there. I would say at least 85% of the Cantina is standing. There are a few booths around the sides. They are larger booths and when we asked, we were told that those are only for larger groups because of their size, and that was why we (a party of 3) were put at the bar even though seating was still empty. I was surprised because I figured being the second group in- we would get a seat.

It actually was fine. Being at the bar, we could see a lot of the things close up, and DD liked watching them make the drinks. There is fizzing, foam etc. A lot of those drinks are really something to see. There are so many details around the bar area to observe that you wouldn't see from the booth at the back. When she got tired of standing in one place, she just walked around a bit because there is so much to see in there.

I think of Oga's more as an experience than anything else. As far as snack-- there really isn't much there. We found most of the Batuu Bits quite disgusting. It was one of those- be brave enough to take a bite and then laugh kind of things. I will say the Oga's obsession- was really good---- kind of a lemonade, cotton candy jello with blueberry popping pearls. It was much better than I expected. The non-alcoholic drinks were also really good (I couldn't bring myself to go for the alcohol at 8:00 a.m.- DH did)

I would say book it knowing that it is more of a grab a quick drink and then walk around to see it kind of place. If it is later in the day, let the kids sit and rest a bit before you go in-- think of it as more of an attraction than a rest stop.

My kids are 5 and 8. That’s a good idea just to go for drinks and move on. They’ve seen every movie numerous times, saw the new one opening day, named our cat Obi Wan. I had never seen a movie til my oldest was super in to it. So I think they’d appreciate going to just checking out and getting a drink. Another great idea, thanks!

This is an establishment that is in the business of selling drinks and snacks. IMHO, I don't think people should visit and not buy something. You don't have to stay long. DH and I went in Florida, had one drink each and we were there about a half an hour. Most people stand as there are very few tables for sitting. If that doesn't work for your kids at this point, you might consider not going until they can stand for 30 minutes at a time. Some people have reported CMs allowing a guest to take a quick peek and leave but I wouldn't count on that, especially as a family.

I had success with telling them I'm just going in to look around after the person that REALLY wanted to experience it got sick during trip. This past weekend I checked in just to tell them that I couldn't stay since my boarding group had been called. Didnt get charged either time.

We went with a party of 7 (age range 12-49yo) and while we were waiting we discussed our options since we are all vegan... a cm that said she helped design the menu came out and talked with us and both her and the other 2 cms said we were more than welcome to just come in and hang out for awhile and also said just having checked in in line we wouldn't be charged even if we opted not to go in... we were also given the option to wait longer for a table or come in sooner if we were willing to stand at the bar but in any case we were under no obligation to purchase anything.

My son has done it both sitting and standing (age 9) and he didn’t like sitting at the booth because it was ‘boring’. Which I suppose he has a point, we were a small group seated with another group and we couldn’t see anything since we were seated across from the other group (facing the wall) and it was just weird. I enjoyed it much more standing (and so did he) but he also didn’t want to stand too long once he finished his drink he was like okay done lets go! 😂

Yep, once you check in, you avoid the no show reservation fee. Definitely worth checking out, sharing a few fun named non alcoholic drinks could be a quick way to feel like you really experienced it.

May be an odd question... but anyone who has been to the creature stall in GE lately, do they have blurrgs (from the Mandalorian show)?

this is a good idea thanks! They are capable of standing that long but when you are standing in lines and walking around all day it’s nice to at least let them sit for a drink and snack in my opinion. We will try that option!
I would make sure they have snacks beforehand. Unless you’re there at breakfast time really aren’t any snacks (or food), especially for kids. They do have this jello thing but it’s really difficult for a kid to eat it if they are standing (which is likely).

Took ours on AA this summer, put it in the overhead bin, no problem. It was not counted as a carry on for us (we had our roll aboards as well), but my DH has the highest status with AA, so that probably helped.

Any experiences with taking a lightsaber from Savi’s on a plane? Any issues? We are flying Delta.
We flew them back on Alaska last August in the overhead bin with no problems. We didn't want to risk if it counted or not so we each only had one other carry on. There was even another passenger with one and we stored all 3 together.

Ok I tried reading through some of the thread but it’s so long I might have missed it. Anyone have any info on seeing Captain Phasma? My daughter is obsessed and would love to see her. Does she stop for photos?

Ok I tried reading through some of the thread but it’s so long I might have missed it. Anyone have any info on seeing Captain Phasma? My daughter is obsessed and would love to see her. Does she stop for photos?
Check the app! There is a character part that will tell you when she is in Tomorrowland. Yesterday she was walking around tomorrowland (between launch bay and star tours) at 11 am-noon at least. My son loves her and had a great interaction with her--as well as a photo.

I'm going solo for 4 days in two months. Do you think it's still a good idea to make reservations for Oga's or do you think a single walk up could be accommodated? I also worry about making a reservation and then having my ROTR boarding group called (you know, if I get one of those, too lol)

I would recommend a reservation. Granted it's been a couple of months since we went, but in November, even with a reservation, people were still waiting about 30 minutes. It's extremely popular. I would think now that RotR is open as well, the entire land is even more crowded (unless literally everyone is in line for RotR or waiting in front of the line for their boarding numbers all day).

As a side note, not all the drinks are that great. Trust your waiter. There are a couple we tasted when we went that were just plain weird.

Yeah, get a reservation. Walk-ups are possible, but better to have an actual reservation in case they’re full.

They'll let you come later if your BG conflicts with your time.

I would recommend a reservation. Granted it's been a couple of months since we went, but in November, even with a reservation, people were still waiting about 30 minutes. It's extremely popular. I would think now that RotR is open as well, the entire land is even more crowded (unless literally everyone is in line for RotR or waiting in front of the line for their boarding numbers all day).

As a side note, not all the drinks are that great. Trust your waiter. There are a couple we tasted when we went that were just plain weird.

Sorry to hijack the side note... what did you think was 'just plain weird'? We've been looking at the menu and planning...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter