We just got back from Disneyland. SWGE was pretty empty at night. Got on SR numerous times with little to no wait. My granddaughters fiance' built a light saber and forgot it on the plane! We were all really upset. I will be going to Disney World end of January and am hoping to do both rides at SWGE. Can't wait!

Does anyone currently have a VIP tour booked for after ROTR opens, and if so, what are they telling you about ride access? I think MFSM is now included in the VIP tour somehow, but I have not heard any reports of what is happening with ROTR, if anyone knows?
I guess I will kind of answer my own question here, based on WDW. OP there said that they booked a VIP for 12/5 (opening day for the ride there) and were told 2 months ago that ROTR would be included. Then today they were told it would not be included. Others with VIPs later in December received the same email.

This article mentions that CMs have been downplaying the immersion recently --Has anyone experienced this? I've only been to GE once, in early August, and it was still all over the place.
It was kind of hit or miss just before Thanksgiving. Some of the CM didn't use the "Bright Suns" or "Credit Reducers" terms, but there were still those that did. We even had one CM ask about Christmas and tell us about the "Life Day" celebration that had happened a few days earlier. So it varies between CMs. I think it really depends on the CM and (perhaps) how receptive the guests themselves seem (if they say "Bright Suns" and you respond with "Bright Suns", I think they're probably more likely to continue sprinkling in the Batuu-words).

... I think it really depends on the CM and (perhaps) how receptive the guests themselves seem (if they say "Bright Suns" and you respond with "Bright Suns", I think they're probably more likely to continue sprinkling in the Batuu-words).
I would agree with this. When I have time to spend with CMs and use the SWGE terminology, they stay in character and help me along if I falter or don't know all the vocabulary. But if I'm in a hurry and just ask a question in straight English, they answer me right away without any role playing. They seem to take all the cues from the guest.

Does anyone know if there are still shortages of popular merchandise like Loth cats? And if it’s essential to book for droid building? Or are the crowds easing off?

Does anyone know if there are still shortages of popular merchandise like Loth cats? And if it’s essential to book for droid building? Or are the crowds easing off?
We were there today. Took my 76 year old parents Our first time.
I don’t know if there were lothcats. I didn’t see any but didn’t ask. I did purchase the giftcard in droid depot and the carrying case for my dads droid.
We rode MFSR in under an hour. My parents were picked to be the pilots.
They were filming something today and we got to see JJ Abrams, C3PO, Rey, Poe and others (not sure who everyone was).
Thanks to this thread and everyone’s input, we had the experience of a lifetime.

Oh and we did have reservations for my dad to build a droid but it didn’t seem to be sold out. There wasn’t anyone in the station next to him.
We also had reservations for Savis and Ogas but those did seem full.

So, I've finally had a chance to test out how the droids interact with each other! We used on BB-8 and one R2-D2 unit, both with personality chips. The range is about 4.5 feet. When they're within that range, they seemed to "talk" to each other, but if further apart, they stopped "talking" (i.e., no more sounds/lights/movement). When "talking" each droid reacts about every 2 minutes.

Has anyone else had trouble making a reservation for Droid Depot? I have been trying all week and keep getting the "Something went wrong. Please try again." error. I have tried on my phone and desktop in both Safari and Chrome. I called today and they said that there isn't anything that they can do and that it has to be made online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts