New targeted package offer?

So I had a reservation for May 1-9 and I rescheduled it to September maybe 1 or 2 days before this offer came out. So am I not eligible now because I rescheduled it too fast?

I'm sorry, that is incorrect. Numerous TA's have been able to do this. I know this firsthand . . . :)

It's the workaround since the phone lines are so jammed. Make the new reservation, call and the CM can apply the FD promo once they confirm the client or guest had or has a a qualifying reservation.
Interesting, I know first hand also :) but about 70 of us haven't been able to do so as of yet.

So I had a reservation for May 1-9 and I rescheduled it to September maybe 1 or 2 days before this offer came out. So am I not eligible now because I rescheduled it too fast?
No you are still eligible :) As long as you booked direct with Disney, you or your TA just need to call and have the promo applied to your new package. If you cancelled May first and now have a different confirmation # for your September reservation you'll need your original confirmation #.

No problem! Between last night and so far today I've been on with Disney a total of 11 hours for clients with all sorts of situations lol so I know a bit :) and if I can save someone from a ridiculous hold time I'm happy to do it!
I’m getting conflicting info on the bookings with 3rd parties ... I spoke to someone in WDW wholesale travel this AM and was assured that I could call WDW Travel Co. and they’ll be able to help me book. Even though I booked a Hotwire reservation, they’ll be able to see & confirm I can book the special offer.

I’ve been to WDW many times over the years and am well aware the left foot doesn’t always know what the right foot is doing, but I felt like this CM knew what she was talking about. Of course, I won’t know until I call. 😂

No you are still eligible :) As long as you booked direct with Disney, you or your TA just need to call and have the promo applied to your new package. If you cancelled May first and now have a different confirmation # for your September reservation you'll need your original confirmation #.

Oh wow awesome, thank you! I did book directly with Disney and I’m pretty sure I still have the same confirmation number, I’ll have to give them a call!

I'm sorry, that is incorrect. Numerous TA's have been able to do this. I know this firsthand . . . :)

It's the workaround since the phone lines are so jammed. Make the new reservation, call and the CM can apply the FD promo once they confirm the client or guest had or has a a qualifying reservation.

This! I was hoping this was true based on reports here and got through just now on the phone... successfully worked for me too. They cancelled my April trip that I hadn't cancelled yet and applied the FD promo to the back up reservation I had already made online in September. April was to be a birthday trip for me but she assured me I was welcome to celebrate it at WDW in September (or anytime) 😄🥳

On Sunday I just booked the new package that I wanted, but I did NOT cancel my May reservation just to be sure there were no issues when I got through. Yesterday, I was able to book my dining for the whole trip. ,

Today I called, waited about 10 minutes, had the May reservation changed over and the new reservation cancelled. My reservation number is the same as my original trip and I was given the option of having the deposit from the new reservation refunded or moved, I opted for the refund.

The CM did give me incorrect info-she said that the free dining that came with my package was the Disney Plus Dining. We are booked at AKL, and I had already done the math to know what the cost would be to upgrade from the free regular dining plan to deluxe dining-my balance is exactly what I calculated. She also wasn't sure if my dates would work since we are checking in on 9/26 and out on 10/3-it does work, just like normal free dining you have to check in by 9/30. She then couldn't find availability at AKL for this offer, but then somehow made it work. She was very sweet, and I'm just glad to have it all worked out.

I'm so excited about our first AKL stay!

I’m getting conflicting info on the bookings with 3rd parties ... I spoke to someone in WDW wholesale travel this AM and was assured that I could call WDW Travel Co. and they’ll be able to help me book. Even though I booked a Hotwire reservation, they’ll be able to see & confirm I can book the special offer.

I’ve been to WDW many times over the years and am well aware the left foot doesn’t always know what the right foot is doing, but I felt like this CM knew what she was talking about. Of course, I won’t know until I call. 😂
LOL! It is also totally possible that they adjust the policy from what was originally in it based on consumer questions/complaints; that's been done before and definitely with lots of vendors during the last couple months. I hope it does end up working for you!

LOL! It is also totally possible that they adjust the policy from what was originally in it based on consumer questions/complaints; that's been done before and definitely with lots of vendors during the last couple months. I hope it does end up working for you!
I had only asked in this thread and hadn’t called, so it wasn’t a situation where someone told me no ... so to be fair, the answer might have been yes all along, LOL .... since I was already on the phone with wholesale travel, I figured I would ask what she knew.

Trying to figure out when the best time to go is a completely different story 😂😂😂😂

I had problems with something similar yesterday. My third party was undercover tourist. My first regular reservation CM tried to help, but when she transferred me to a guest services CM for permission/override, they wouldn’t even try bc my May dates were undercover tourist (June dates direct with Disney)

Interesting, I know first hand also :) but about 70 of us haven't been able to do so as of yet.

I would try again. We've been doing this since the promo was released. As you can see from below, it's working. It is so much easier than trying to get a CM on the line and having to go through availability at that point. With this method, you can secure what you (your client) want and then simply switch things over once you finally get a CM on the line.

This! I was hoping this was true based on reports here and got through just now on the phone... successfully worked for me too. They cancelled my April trip that I hadn't cancelled yet and applied the FD promo to the back up reservation I had already made online in September. April was to be a birthday trip for me but she assured me I was welcome to celebrate it at WDW in September (or anytime) 😄🥳

I would try again. We've been doing this since the promo was released. As you can see from below, it's working. It is so much easier than trying to get a CM on the line and having to go through availability at that point. With this method, you can secure what you (your client) want and then simply switch things over once you finally get a CM on the line.
Oh same here doing it since it was released! Luckily after the first day or so the line we use has had very short waits so not an issue to do it all at once and most of us feel better doing it that way :thumbsup2

On Sunday I just booked the new package that I wanted, but I did NOT cancel my May reservation just to be sure there were no issues when I got through. Yesterday, I was able to book my dining for the whole trip. ,

Today I called, waited about 10 minutes, had the May reservation changed over and the new reservation cancelled. My reservation number is the same as my original trip and I was given the option of having the deposit from the new reservation refunded or moved, I opted for the refund.

The CM did give me incorrect info-she said that the free dining that came with my package was the Disney Plus Dining. We are booked at AKL, and I had already done the math to know what the cost would be to upgrade from the free regular dining plan to deluxe dining-my balance is exactly what I calculated. She also wasn't sure if my dates would work since we are checking in on 9/26 and out on 10/3-it does work, just like normal free dining you have to check in by 9/30. She then couldn't find availability at AKL for this offer, but then somehow made it work. She was very sweet, and I'm just glad to have it all worked out.

I'm so excited about our first AKL stay!
That's great! Yeah they are learning as they go and we all know not all CM's are created equal lol. It's such an unprecedented situation for everyone! I do love AKL and I'm sure you will too!

I called today and was able to rebook the free dining package no issue. I had the best CM who made it a breeze and only waited a few minutes on hold. I do feel bad about not using a TA but I had three reservation numbers and wasn’t sure which one made me eligible so I didn’t want to put the TA through that mess. I have a TA I use regularly that I love and will use her for our Christmas trip :)

question for those who may know... we may look at upgrading our resort at some point, can I make that change online now that it’s linked in MDE or will I need to call in?

Last edited:
I called today and was able to rebook the free dining package no issue. I had the best CM who made it a breeze and only waited a few minutes on hold. I do feel bad about not using a TA but I had three reservation numbers and wasn’t sure which one made me eligible so I didn’t want to put the TA through that mess. I have a TA I use regularly that I love and will use her for our Christmas trip :)

question for those who may know... we may look at upgrading our resort at some point, can I make that change online now that it’s linked in MDE or will I need to call in?

If your reservation was made in the last 30 days, you can transfer it to a TA! I am kind of a planning freak but also have a friend that's a TA so I have done this before.

I just realized, with a moderate resort you only get the quick service dining plan (it’s been a while since I’ve done free dining :rotfl2:) so I don’t even think I’m going to bother calling and trying to add it to my reservation. I would end up upgrading to the standard DDP and that’s and extra $300 and that’s not really worth it to me. Hoping the come out with room discounts for the Fall soon, I had such a good discount for my May trip and now the same trip in September is costing so much more without that discount!!

On Monday I was not asked for the April trip confirmation number (cancelled last week) since it was originally linked to MDE. The CM just looked me up and then booked a July FD package for me. Easy peasy.

Oh, and if you start your call a little before 9am, so that you are through with the automated prompts at 9am or shortly thereafter, the wait on the phones seems to be really short. I got through to a CM by 9:02am or so. Almost no wait at all on Monday.

On Monday I was not asked for the April trip confirmation number (cancelled last week) since it was originally linked to MDE. The CM just looked me up and then booked a July FD package for me. Easy peasy.

Oh, and if you start your call a little before 9am, so that you are through with the automated prompts at 9am or shortly thereafter, the wait on the phones seems to be really short. I got through to a CM by 9:02am or so. Almost no wait at all on Monday.
Thanks! We use a different # though :)

You can certainly try to do the modification online. If it doesn't work, I would just check availability online prior to calling so you will be able to see if what you would like is available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter