New to runDisney

Snowflake3

Earning My Ears
Hi! I am excited for a runDisney race in 2021 (🤞) but not sure which one is best? The half or full Princess or Marathon weekend, is one busier? Which costs less? What do you prefer? Thanks!

Princess only has a half no full. Marathon Weekend has both. The half during princess and marathon weekend are the same course and usually get about the same amount of people. Obviously the big difference is the theme.

Thank you, so both go through Cinderella Castle? I was trying to research the routes, dont want it all to be roadway . . .

Thank you! This made me smile 😊 initially though it was only the full that went through the castle but keaning towards the princess half & knowing i will see the castle makes road running more bearable!

I've done both and find the crowds and atmosphere at Marathon Weekend are far superior. Because of the theme and timing during spring break, Princess seems to attract a lot more first timers who don't know or follow race etiquette. Unless your heart is set on the Princess theme, I'd go for Marathon Weekend. There is a half and a full, or you can go for Goofy and do both!

I’ve done the half at both marathon weekend (2013) and princess (2015). Both were a lot of fun and both were essentially the same route. There are photo ops all along the race course. The marathon weekend half had more general Disney characters and photo ops whereas the princess one had princess-themed characters and ops. I specifically remember one with Prince Charming “trying” the glass slipper on with runners.

In terms of which one to run, they’re both very similar and IMHO you can’t go wrong with either one as far as the race experience goes. RunDisney does a great job with race preparations, logistics, etc. as far as I’m concerned. For me the fact that the half was not the main focus of marathon weekend kind of diminished it a little bit. It sounds selfish but you essentially get one day to strut around the parks with your medal on before all the marathon and challenge medals take over!

For the princess weekend, the half is the main event. But as mentioned above, the princess weekend is usually the weekend after Presidents’ Day so there are a lot of school vacation folks (like Massachusetts, our home state) and was much busier than marathon weekend.

I've done both and find the crowds and atmosphere at Marathon Weekend are far superior. Because of the theme and timing during spring break, Princess seems to attract a lot more first timers who don't know or follow race etiquette. Unless your heart is set on the Princess theme, I'd go for Marathon Weekend. There is a half and a full, or you can go for Goofy and do both!

I am realizing that these races sell out very quickly trying to get my head around getting a bib! Will research on here, but disappointed as I seen the information on the runDisney page that you can book through the Walt Disney Travel Company or Travel Provider with a guaranteed bib but when I called today was told this was not the case, only after the bib go on sale, I am afraid they will sell out . . .

I am realizing that these races sell out very quickly trying to get my head around getting a bib! Will research on here, but disappointed as I seen the information on the runDisney page that you can book through the Walt Disney Travel Company or Travel Provider with a guaranteed bib but when I called today was told this was not the case, only after the bib go on sale, I am afraid they will sell out . . .
Actually it is the case. Currently they don't have any bibs allotted to TAs. Plenty of people are already registered via TAs.

I’ve done the half at both marathon weekend (2013) and princess (2015). Both were a lot of fun and both were essentially the same route. There are photo ops all along the race course. The marathon weekend half had more general Disney characters and photo ops whereas the princess one had princess-themed characters and ops. I specifically remember one with Prince Charming “trying” the glass slipper on with runners.

In terms of which one to run, they’re both very similar and IMHO you can’t go wrong with either one as far as the race experience goes. RunDisney does a great job with race preparations, logistics, etc. as far as I’m concerned. For me the fact that the half was not the main focus of marathon weekend kind of diminished it a little bit. It sounds selfish but you essentially get one day to strut around the parks with your medal on before all the marathon and challenge medals take over!

For the princess weekend, the half is the main event. But as mentioned above, the princess weekend is usually the weekend after Presidents’ Day so there are a lot of school vacation folks (like Massachusetts, our home state) and was much busier than marathon weekend.

Thank you for the information, so much to think about! It might come down to which race I can get a bib for! I never thought about other people in the Parks so thank you for that also, I know I try to go on "lighter" days to Disneyland but I bet everything is different on marathon weekend.

Actually it is the case. Currently they don't have any bibs allotted to TAs. Plenty of people are already registered via TAs.

That is what I was told but then I look online, FB posts with people saying they are booked for the 2021 Princess with Bib and I cant figure out how they have done it. Its not that I don't believe them but all my research says it cant be. I was looking into TA's but again, how do I know I will get a bib for sure . . .

That is what I was told but then I look online, FB posts with people saying they are booked for the 2021 Princess with Bib and I cant figure out how they have done it. Its not that I don't believe them but all my research says it cant be. I was looking into TA's but again, how do I know I will get a bib for sure . . .
It is true. Not really sure where your research has taken you. You can contact a TA today and have them look for a bib for you. Availability through them is limited though and can change from day to day.

Great! Any TA's you recommend? When i Google search lots come up but i dont know what to look for in a "true" Disney TA

Great! Any TA's you recommend? When i Google search lots come up but i dont know what to look for in a "true" Disney TA
There are a ton out there. This site is sponsored by an agency too. I would possibly look for someone familiar or experienced with runDisney.

There are plenty of RunDisney-focused travel agents out there. Pick a couple of travel agents that you find through Google or FB and reach out to them for information. You can definitely pre-register through a travel agent as long as they have bibs available in their allocation. That’s how I signed up for both Wine & Dine and Dopey before registration opened for either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!