New to the board! First family Disney trip in May!

brooklinmom_82

Earning My Ears
Hi there from Ontario Canada! My husband and I are taking the family down for our first trip since the early 90's when we were kids. Cannot wait! Staying at Caribbean Beach Resort in May and also hitting Vero beach. We have been listening to the podcast since the summer when we first discovered it and now the youtube channel. Love all things Disney! Any tips for hitting the parks with a 4 year old and 6 year old?

I have 5 kids and experiencing Disney with them is truly magical, but there are still times during each trip where I have to stop and breathe, so I don’t kill them, lol! So, expect that. And Don’t push them to do things they don’t want to or are scared of. Take breaks. Maybe think about taking a stroller. Kids tire easily. Think ahead about maybe bringing something to keep them occupied in lines. For my kids, I give them each a gift card with their souvenir money on it and when it’s gone it’s gone. Kinda helps with the asking for everything (every ride dumps you out into a store). I know it’s expensive and you wanna get the most out of each park but take time to just absorb the atmosphere and don’t rush around too much. It’ll tire out the kids and some of the best memories are made during spontaneous, non-ride moments.

I definitely second the stroller, even older kids need a break from all the walking. If you don't want to bring one with you, you can rent one and have it delivered to CBR. My family is heading down in May as well and that it what we are doing. Our first trip with kids, we tried to do everything at every park, and we were all exhausted by the end of the trip. Our next trip, we decided what we wanted to do the most at each park, and focused on those. You will not get to each ride and see every show, so pick what you and your kids want to see most. Also, taking a nap break in the afternoon is a life saver!

We took a umbrella stroller till my son was 6 ... ended up a backpack stroller carrying the Gatorade and the lunchables..
If you rope drop the parks go back to the hotel for lunch and rest time = happier kids
May is all ready starting to get hot and humid in the mid day so take it easy the break at the hotel helps with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter