New trip booked for 2018

Florida2012

If you can dream it, you can do it
So we hung around and waited for the free dining offer only to find just how expensive the prices turned out to be! (Has really annoyed me that!!)

In fact, when we totalled it up it worked out a couple of hundred cheaper getting the DDP at the All Star Music than it was at any of the Mods, so that's what we've done

So roll on October 2018 for our next visit to WDW and our first Halloween visit!

Can't wait to start planning!!!

We were considering doing this but stay at AoA (upgrading to QSDP) but for some reason there are no standard rooms available in Oct or Nov 2018.

Certainly does! Got a couple of DLP trips in the pipeline as well so exciting times again!!

Just taken the plunge and booked YC for August. We'd promised ourselves this resort, having never stayed deluxe before. Was devastated when the prices first came out. Went all round the houses pricing up alternative options, taking into account some specific family members additional needs, and came back to YC. In the meantime a better (cheaper) room category is now showing for our dates, which wasn't showing up before. So we've done it. Just need to pay for it now.

I too was hoping the moderates might be more competitively priced with the free DDP, but I'm going in March 2018 Pop Century turned out to be virtually the same price (£50 difference) as the All Stars, all of which (except for Movies) were considerably cheaper adding on the DDP than any of the moderates.

In the meantime, time to sell all of my earthly possessions/organs to fund it.

Lol, already been on eBay to check out the value of my kidneys!!

Why is the Movie All Star always more expensive?

I know, right?! I guess it's because it's a newer hotel perhaps, or maybe the demand is higher - I can't rightly remember how much it differs to Music and Sports but it's £400 more expensive than Music, Sports and Pop for my dates...which seems a bit excessive.

Just taken the plunge and booked YC for August. We'd promised ourselves this resort, having never stayed deluxe before. Was devastated when the prices first came out. Went all round the houses pricing up alternative options, taking into account some specific family members additional needs, and came back to YC. In the meantime a better (cheaper) room category is now showing for our dates, which wasn't showing up before. So we've done it. Just need to pay for it now.

We've booked the Beach Club! When is your trip? We are going July 2018 post GCSEs. July will be a first for us but flights were cheaper. The location is brilliant you're going to love this resort!

We've booked the Beach Club! When is your trip? We are going July 2018 post GCSEs. July will be a first for us but flights were cheaper. The location is brilliant you're going to love this resort!

We've booked 15th August. Still a bit hesitant that we've made the right decision now we've actually booked it. The kids were really happy at POR. We had a fantastic room, top floor, corner with a river view. Now I'm worried because I haven't asked for anything other than high floor. We've booked a garden view, couldn't afford to go any further than that. I've read a few negative things about rooms near the elevators being noisy and there being a lot of noise through the doors from the hallways. The kids are really sensitive to that sort of thing so I'm wondering if I need to add to my request but not sure what to say. Then I read that some people ask to be near the elevators for ease. I'm a bit confused and because we're spending so much I don't want to do the wrong thing. When you're travelling with 2 autistic kids you think about all eventualities and can go round in circles.

It sounds like you've been before. Any tips for this resort?

We've booked 15th August. Still a bit hesitant that we've made the right decision now we've actually booked it. The kids were really happy at POR. We had a fantastic room, top floor, corner with a river view. Now I'm worried because I haven't asked for anything other than high floor. We've booked a garden view, couldn't afford to go any further than that. I've read a few negative things about rooms near the elevators being noisy and there being a lot of noise through the doors from the hallways. The kids are really sensitive to that sort of thing so I'm wondering if I need to add to my request but not sure what to say. Then I read that some people ask to be near the elevators for ease. I'm a bit confused and because we're spending so much I don't want to do the wrong thing. When you're travelling with 2 autistic kids you think about all eventualities and can go round in circles.

Well we have stayed at the Beach Club before not the Yacht but I think they're really just one big hotel with different themes. I love the location and the pool and the rooms. Proximity to table service restaurants is unbeatable. The QS was rubbish though although I believe the Yacht Club has just got its own QS place too. We didn't have any noise problems at all when we stayed. I also love POR and have stayed there three times but the location of the BC does beat it. My biggest tip is plan your QS as the choices are very poor compared to POR. Also the pool is a very large area so better for kids who are safe in the water or you could be running about after them a lot! There is a very shallow part ideal for little one though and it has a sand bottom. The extra space in the room and sofa (bed) is welcome on a 2 week trip.

Thanks @scoobydooby2016 i was wondering if maybe I should add something like near the quiet pool or away from the elevators. But then I thought we might wish we were nearer the elevators or we might miss out on a lovely garden view by being too specific. So I've left it for now. We can always add later I guess. Yes I'd seen that QS was lacking there. Which is the down side. It's great to have the full DDP, which we've never had before. But we do like a decent QS meal too. When we booked last time I spoke to a fantastic CM who understood my family needs and suggested a fantastic request and it worked beautifully. I have to say that while the CMs this time have been very friendly they haven't gone that extra mile like Demetri did. Having no flights booked yet is a new experience too. Have you done the whole package? Also disappointed that we might not be able to view our booking on MDE for some time yet thanks to their new systems. So they told me.

Thanks @scoobydooby2016 i was wondering if maybe I should add something like near the quiet pool or away from the elevators. But then I thought we might wish we were nearer the elevators or we might miss out on a lovely garden view by being too specific. So I've left it for now. We can always add later I guess. Yes I'd seen that QS was lacking there. Which is the down side. It's great to have the full DDP, which we've never had before. But we do like a decent QS meal too. When we booked last time I spoke to a fantastic CM who understood my family needs and suggested a fantastic request and it worked beautifully. I have to say that while the CMs this time have been very friendly they haven't gone that extra mile like Demetri did. Having no flights booked yet is a new experience too. Have you done the whole package? Also disappointed that we might not be able to view our booking on MDE for some time yet thanks to their new systems. So they told me.

I can't link up yet. It's very annoying! Yes we've got the DDP package as well. I find it too much food but my husband really enjoys it! I like the table service meals a lot and enjoy a nice sit down meal every day. I've been looking at room views on Touring Plans. Wish it was next month not next year!

We were considering doing this but stay at AoA (upgrading to QSDP) but for some reason there are no standard rooms available in Oct or Nov 2018.
We booked for mid to end of September next year 2018 and when I was looking at hotels there weren't any standard rooms for AoA then either. Price wise that resort was sat up with the poly and AKL :eek: we always stay at AS Sports so it didn't effect us but still took me by surprise!

Hello everyone. We have been researching for ages about our honeymoon. We have decided on Disney Caribbean Beach Resort. We wanted a resort with a relaxing atmosphere after the parks. The photos are beautiful and it will only get better after the renovations. We are booking everything through Virgin with only 375 deposit. I hope we get our reservation numbers etc for my disney experienice. We are also planning to go to MNSSHP and MVMCP. We are thinking of economy flights as quite a good pitch and might not lucky and less crowded that time of year 24/10/18 -14/11/15.

Good choice @Grace1987 I went on honeymoon to WDW 'disneymoon'

We are going 16/10/18 for 2 weeks and expect it to be busy due to Halloween. When are the renovations due to be finished at Carribean beach?

With VH your booking reference should be your reservation number. Thats what I'm currently using to try and link my holiday.

Do you have children? 24/10 is school holidays so I found the price quite high but on 16/10 we got a great price in comparison.

Good choice @Grace1987 I went on honeymoon to WDW 'disneymoon'

We are going 16/10/18 for 2 weeks and expect it to be busy due to Halloween. When are the renovations due to be finished at Carribean beach?

With VH your booking reference should be your reservation number. Thats what I'm currently using to try and link my holiday.

Do you have children? 24/10 is school holidays so I found the price quite high but on 16/10 we got a great price in comparison.
Hello thanks for the reply. No we don't have any children.

please let me know how it goes with linking.

how busy was the resort?

we've stayed at the YC many times and never noticed noise...not ever...
and we've stayed in various parts of the hotel, water view, garden view etc..

i never specify where i want to be at the YC.....all the rooms have always seemed fine to me..
one thing nice about the YC vs the BC, all YC rooms have balconies, whereas, the BC don't...only some rooms at the BC have balconies..

personally, i've always prefered the YC over the BC....true they're essentially the same, but with different decor...
but i prefer the decor of the YC...and also the balcony thing...

as for your kids, i'm sure they'll enjoy stormalong bay, the swimming pool shared by YC and BC...
it is recognized by everyone to be the best resort pool on property...

We've just booked for next Easter. Staying off site which we've not done for a while but looking forward to it. We didn't go this year and I've missed it! Let the planning commence!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter