New Years Eve in universal, first is it ever

D2stobb

Earning My Ears
this is our first visit ever to universal. We have a split stay, at Marriott grande Vista then on to WDW, so for the first part of our trip, we want to expierence universal. As a seasoned WDW traveler, the plans have been made and paid for well in advance.
We have 12/31- 1/2 to spend at Universal... I booked the NYE party On the piazza, But not sure about anything else. Do we need to pre-purchase park tickets? Or do we just show up NYE ready to hit parks, buy ticket at gates and wing it from there? All advice is greatly appreciated. I find the Universal website less than helpful.
We are a party of 6, and everyone is relying on me to know it all!

Will you be staying onsite?

If so, on New Year’s Day take advantage of the early entry to the park
You’ll be able to avoid heavy crowds that morning and have less ride waits

I second what skylock said

It is cheaper and faster to buy tickets ahead of time. Through Universal they are $20 cheaper than at the gate.
Check undercovertourist.com for ticket deals too.

Download the Universal App for ride wait times, show schedules, park maps, etc.

Since you are a larger party at a busy time, consider restaurant reservations if you plan to eat at peak times, including park closing. Or, if you want to eat at the Harry Potter restaurants (which are tasty and well themed) aim for off times as they are both quick service and lunch will be busy.

They do have menus for all the City Walk and park restaurants available online. Unlike Disney Springs, City Walk is immediately outside the parks and easy to walk to for lunch - especially if you are park hopping anyway. You will walk through it to and from the parking garage also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!