New Years Eve - what do you do?

BobBrazeal

DIS Veteran
I'm single and although I date, it hasn't worked out that I've had someone in my life at New Years for the last few years. Anyone else out there in a similar situation? What do you do for New Years? Most of my friends are married with children so there really aren't that many of my close friends that do New Years parties or such any more.

This year, I'm going to be at WDW for New Years. I was there for New Years 1999/2000. I was seeing someone at that time so I had company for that one. Unless things turn around dramically in the next few months, I'll be solo for this New Years at WDW. I don't mind that. But have any of you done New Years at WDW solo before.

I'm actually looking forward to it. I expect that I really won't end up by myself if things keep going as well as they have been on this board. We've gotten so many meals and meets planned for my Sept trip that it might be hard to get them all in!! I'm really going to enjoy that. I expect that between now and Dec 31st I'll be able to set up some get togethers with others that will be there at the same time.

My NYE celebrations vary, most are spent solo. I'm in much the same situation as yours Bob. Most friends are married with kids. The last few years someone plans a big party for all ages. For the 99/00 celebration I was in the kitchen making a wedding cake for a friend while others were partying.

I've never spent NYE at WDW but it does sound fun. If it's as good as Halloween is there, you'll have a blast.

I haven't done WDW on New Year's eve solo or otherwise. I think it's neat that you will be there to welcome the new millenium :)

well my firtt solo new year in 13 years, had me in bed at 7:30 pm. how pathetic is that?

however i have done two new years at disneyland. i say pick up a bunch of dissers and head for mainstreet. if it doesnt rain, im sure there will be a great band at the castle and giant confetti at midnight.

Bob: I spent last NYE, solo on WDW, my first NYE AD (after divorce). I had a blast, and would do it again in a pinch. I started the day with the Gospell Brunch at DD. That was pretty cool and set me on the celebration mood, I guess. I decided not to brave the parks that day and spend a long time visiting the resorts. In the evening, I went to see the Cirque du Soleil. Awesome! As it was still early, I headed to Epcot. Yes, it was crowded. And boy! it was coooooooold. Incredibly enough, many rides had minimal waits. I decided to circle WS and ended up taking a warm bowl of cheddar soup at a stand in the Canada area. After that, I went to France and sipped some wine. Then I left the park through International Gateway. It was too cold for me to wait for Illuminations. I went back to the Dolphin, got to my room and from the balcony I watched the fireworks. It was pretty and much more fun than I expected.

Bob, just being anywhere near Florida on NYE is a cause for celebration! Its cold and icy where I live. Just seeing the palm trees and feeling the warm breeze is very relaxing. I understand that you may feel a little lonely without someone special to ring in the New Year with, but if its any consolation, us old married folk tend to treat it as any other night. Just go and enjoy what Disney has to offer. Which brings me to my next question ...

I posted on the Theme Park board, but no one answered <sniff, sniff> What are the special events (particularly the ones not costing a fortune) at Disney on NYE? I'm really terrified my the prospect of large crowds and not being able to leave the park for hours afterward. Then again I don't want to miss anything that is a once in a lifetime chance to attend. Please fill me in on what to do and expect. A meet sounds great too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter