New York Marathon 2020....coming to you Nov 7, 2021!

I went to the website to sign up for the lottery and it was a 57 minute wait. Since i am only in the lottery i will wait till tomorrow to submit. Good job for getting through, i hope you get in.

I’m planning on applying through the lottery. Looked like a twenty minute wait right now Statistically probably won’t get in, but...

Tried to get in with a time qualifier, 30 minute wait...no dice, option was gone. Thankful to have run this in 2017! Don't think I'll bother with the lottery. Probably just try to do W&D 1/2 instead:)

Tried to get in with a time qualifier, 30 minute wait...no dice, option was gone. Thankful to have run this in 2017! Don't think I'll bother with the lottery. Probably just try to do W&D 1/2 instead:)

Wow. I had no clue they would go that fast! Disney-like in the speed. Hope mine gets accepted. Wonder how many spots there are.

I'm scheduled to volunteer at bus loading in midtown, then will likely be out cheering somewhere. A bunch of my friends are running (guaranteed entry/deferrals/charity), so I'm excited to cheer on all the runners!

Last edited:
Was all set to try the lottery and then realized that with Halloween the night before, no way to really make it work for me logistically this year. Good luck to everyone trying to get in!

From everything I'm seeing, it looks like the time qualifiers almost never fill up, and they've never filled up this quickly. Either people have gotten a lot faster this year or more people were interested because it's the 50th.

Argh, I thought time qualifiers had at least a day before they were all gone. For 2018 and 2019 seemed like anyone who had a time qualifying entry was accepted according to letsrun. Of course I was on a run when it opened, but I guess all the spots were gone in 20 min. @jmasgat, if you were able to sign in via time qualify entry, you should be in. I didn't even see that option when I tried to register!

I submitted an application with the early lottery which carries over
Me too! Definitely NOT expecting to get in, almost counting on not getting in, I never have after a lot of tries. But it's the 50th anniversary so I thought What the heck may as well try. You can't win if you don't play as they say in the lottery biz!

@garneska i did because I was confused about the process - I thought there was just a glitch in the system. I didn’t know all the spots were gone! Ironically, I didn’t even want to run 2020, I was planning on deferring til 2021. I have no plans on serious training again.

@dis_or_dat yeah i kind of thought you were only doing Boston in 2020. That stinks that you missed signing up for qualifying time. Maybe you will get a qual time at Boston and can use that for NYC 2021. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!