New York Marathon 2020....coming to you Nov 7, 2021!

Reminder.....today's the last day for lottery entry.

I never heard back about my non-NYRR time entry, so I guess I didn't get in. And I'm not sure if it they will roll my entry into the lottery, so looks like my odds o going are slim to none.

So......I got my acceptance last night!

Of course it happens after I post and kvetch about it....and after I decided to contact them on their FB page (they just replied that they were still checking and IF there were spots left and IF they could verify my time, then I would get in, else it would roll into lottery)

I applied during early entry, if i dont get in I'm looking at doing the challenge at wine and dine as my back up.

So......I got my acceptance last night!

Of course it happens after I post and kvetch about it....and after I decided to contact them on their FB page (they just replied that they were still checking and IF there were spots left and IF they could verify my time, then I would get in, else it would roll into lottery)
Congrats, I'll see you there. I had guaranteed entry and finally pulled the trigger last week. I couldn't resist the 50th anniversary thing. And I am a sucker for the NYC marathon merchandise--hands down the best!

Getting prematurely excited about lottery day! I have never gotten in to this race through the lottery and don't expect to this time, in fact I'll bet the odds are even worse on this 50th anniversary year. Hope springs eternal though.

I read an article last night that they had 185,000 lottery entries this year. A 50% increase over last year.

My wife and I did the virtual so we’re already in and have hotel booked. Just need to get flights at a later date. All the time and training were well worth it not to have to rely on the lottery.

Wow. Did not know about the virtual thing. How easy was that to get in/which tier did you do?

Wow. Did not know about the virtual thing. How easy was that to get in/which tier did you do?

The past couple years they have done a NY Virtual Marathon. Sign up I believe has been in July, and only 500 slots or so have been available. You sign up, and then have to run a full marathon the on your own the same weekend as the NY Marathon. You then submit the proof through Strava that you ran. This gets you into the race the following year.

Signing up for it was much like signing up for a rD race a couple years ago when you had to be on right when registration opened. My wife and I were each on a computer the day the 2019 one opened up and both stepped through the registration at the same time. We were both lucky enough to be confirmed.

We trained through late summer and early fall, and ran our marathon on our local greenway the day after Halloween.

We signed up a couple weeks ago with our guaranteed entry for 2020.

Just tried to log into the NYRR page to check my status, it said there is excessive traffic on the site and you should check your credit card charges to see if you got in through the lottery. Didn't have the presence of mind to take a screen shot of the message.

Just tried to log into the NYRR page to check my status, it said there is excessive traffic on the site and you should check your credit card charges to see if you got in through the lottery. Didn't have the presence of mind to take a screen shot of the message.

Yeah, their website cannot handle loads well. The charge your credit card before it shows up in your account, so that's the best place to check anyway.

Third year in a row rejected, though not surprised due to the anniversary year. 4th rejection if you included this year's United half.

Not too disappointed since I'm doing both MCM and Space Coast this year, but as a relative local it would be nice to eventually get in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter