New York or Orlando?? Heck, let`s do both.....12 nights NYC & Sapphire Falls...July 18 Trip Report

And another wonderful report comes to an end! Always enjoy your take on things,Carole-and certainly looking forward to reading about your next trip.Thanks again for sharing!

Thanks for sharing your adventures with us once again...looking forward to seeing what you're up to next time. Hope we don't miss each other again.

I vote for an early start :flower1:

Emerging from lurkdom to thank you for taking time to share your travels once again. You both certainly do it up right - it's quite fun living vicariously through you. Your TRs are my mini vacay at the end of a frustrating workday. I hope you consider writing TRs on your other US trips as well, now that you'll be traveling more, even those that don't involve UO.

The only downside is my higher wine consumption the past few weeks. It's turning into a drinking game - every time you order a glass in your report, seems I have the craving for one too. :drinking1

We'll be back in UO in late Oct (and Dec and Feb lol), but looking fwd to your impressions of this year's HHN in particular. I do hope you find it better than last year - I remember you had a great time, but were still a teeny bit disappointed with a couple of the houses. Hopefully this year blows it away.

I've started my must-watch list to prepare - we just saw Halloween 4 this weekend, with Happy Death Day next. Trick r Treat was covered last year - best scare zone ever.

Although as a big Stranger Things fan, that one's been covered since Season 1 first released! I do hope they do the house justice for us fans.
This will be me checking the DIS daily for your HHN TR!:surfweb: :wave2:

Last edited:
And another wonderful report comes to an end! Always enjoy your take on things,Carole-and certainly looking forward to reading about your next trip.Thanks again for sharing!

It’s always bittersweet to finish a report........but I’m always glad someone enjoys it.........

So, thank you so much for joining along and commenting as I’ve rambled away again....I am happy you enjoyed this one too.......:wave2:

Thanks for sharing your adventures with us once again...looking forward to seeing what you're up to next time. Hope we don't miss each other again.

I vote for an early start :flower1:

Thank you so much Vicki.........

This really was a bonus trip for us, so I was glad to be able to write about it too........and again, so glad you enjoyed it.........

We won’t miss each other this time,.......you’re at Aventura, it’s right across from RP so we’ll arrange a meet for a drink there or even if it’s a quick sit down in the park at some time.......but we will meet up again.......

Yes, think I’ll get new one started early.........but I’m so glad you enjoyed it........:wave2:

Emerging from lurkdom to thank you for taking time to share your travels once again. You both certainly do it up right - it's quite fun living vicariously through you. Your TRs are my mini vacay at the end of a frustrating workday. I hope you consider writing TRs on your other US trips as well, now that you'll be traveling more, even those that don't involve UO.

The only downside is my higher wine consumption the past few weeks. It's turning into a drinking game - every time you order a glass in your report, seems I have the craving for one too. :drinking1

We'll be back in UO in late Oct (and Dec and Feb lol), but looking fwd to your impressions of this year's HHN in particular. I do hope you find it better than last year - I remember you had a great time, but were still a teeny bit disappointed with a couple of the houses. Hopefully this year blows it away.

I've started my must-watch list to prepare - we just saw Halloween 4 this weekend, with Happy Death Day next. Trick r Treat was covered last year - best scare zone ever.

Although as a big Stranger Things fan, that one's been covered since Season 1 first released! I do hope they do the house justice for us fans.
This will be me checking the DIS daily for your HHN TR!:surfweb: :wave2:

:welcome: Along shh..........I’m glad to see you here..........

I did have a giggle reading about your wine consumption.........lol.......my kinda gal!!!!

Oh I think this years HHN will be so much better than last years........yes, we did still enjoy it, but wasn’t as good as previous years for us........I hated saying it wasn’t as much fun as we do love the event.

Happy Death Day we quite enjoyed........I’ve certainly watched worse movies.....lol........but it was fun guessing which parts of it will make a house........and Halloween, well, even the bad Halloween movies scare me half to death anyway!!!

We did enjoy the first season of Stranger Things night that’ll make an excellent house too.........

You have a few trips planned too!!! How fabulous........you’re not there same time as us in December are you?? We’re there from Nov 29th till Dec 9th.........looking forward to that one as Kyle will be with us again.......so looking forward to that one........plan to visit KSC on that trip.......think that’s the only plan we have made for that one.......but would love to be able to say hello if you are there.........

But, thank you so much........I am happy you enjoyed this report........and will do my best to get the next one up and running soon as possible.........and I do appreciate the comments.........Thank you :wave2:

Fantastic. We also like Longhorn. We went to one down past Miami and it was brilliant - best steaks!

Love that you are becoming a TR celeb! Universal should put you on their pay roll!!

Until the next TR.... can’t wait.

Fantastic. We also like Longhorn. We went to one down past Miami and it was brilliant - best steaks!

Love that you are becoming a TR celeb! Universal should put you on their pay roll!!

Until the next TR.... can’t wait.

Lol.......some people already think I am on their payroll.......:duck:

Yep, we have always enjoyed Longhorn.......it may be a chain restaurant but it’s pretty darn good to us!!

We have met so many people over the years purely by folks just saying hello as they’ve seen the trip reports and recognised us.......and apart from the last experience, they have all been lovely and we enjoyed meeeting each and every one........the 2016 trip was named by Tom as he did genuinely utter those words.........”does everyone know your name”.......lol........

But, thank you........I love hearing you enjoyed reading along.......and thank you for the comments......I truly appreciate them.........

Hope you enjoy the next one too........:wave2:

You have a few trips planned too!!! How fabulous........you’re not there same time as us in December are you?? We’re there from Nov 29th till Dec 9th.........looking forward to that one as Kyle will be with us again.......so looking forward to that one........plan to visit KSC on that trip.......think that’s the only plan we have made for that one.......but would love to be able to say hello if you are there.........

You'll all like KSC - so much there that's interesting to see.

Unfortunately, our trip dates don't coincide with yours. We normally go earlier in Dec, but won't be there until the 3rd week this year. But thanks for suggesting it! :-) As often as we go, I'm sure there will be an upcoming trip that coincides at some point.

[Another fantastic report Carole, we are pretending we never have to leave as next year we are going to try and not do any holidays but planning on a big one for Robs 50th in 2020 so as soon as we get back we will start planning to keep our spirits up

If we don't speak before I will see you at RPR in a few weeks, safe trip!:)

giphy.gif

You'll all like KSC - so much there that's interesting to see.

Unfortunately, our trip dates don't coincide with yours. We normally go earlier in Dec, but won't be there until the 3rd week this year. But thanks for suggesting it! :-) As often as we go, I'm sure there will be an upcoming trip that coincides at some point.

Oh that’s a shame.......always nice to say hello to folks.........yes, hopefully one day we can hi........

We are so looking forward to KSC......not quite sure why we’ve never gone before, but we will in December.......one of our friends at RP is a massive fan so he’s going to guide us with what we want to see as to extras on the day......already looking forward to it.

[Another fantastic report Carole, we are pretending we never have to leave as next year we are going to try and not do any holidays but planning on a big one for Robs 50th in 2020 so as soon as we get back we will start planning to keep our spirits up

If we don't speak before I will see you at RPR in a few weeks, safe trip!:)

giphy.gif

Thanks so much Matt!!!

Starting to plan the next one is always a good way to banish the blues........and sounds like the next one will be a whopper of trip..........50th celebrations are fabulous!!!! Lol......

Yes, will see you there........and Cheers to you and Rob too.........:wave2:

Thank you for another great trip report! Always a great read and help when there is a long Universal drought. Thanks again!

Thank you Carole and Tom! #couplegoals

The amount of time, effort and photos included in your TR is greatly appreciated!

Sigh... sad... HURRY UP AND DO ANOTHER! :) <3

Lol.........ask and ye shall receive!!!

Will do the unusual for me and start the next one before we go.........although does that mean I’m finally doing a pre trip report......:eek: :rolleyes: .........nah.... it’ll just save me a bit of time after we come back before we set off again.........:crazy:

Always glad to see you post here Alice.........thanks for the lovely comments along the way........and are you singing Culture Club songs in your head right now......I got my CC cd out last night after you mentioning them.........took me right back!!! Hope you had a blast!!!

Thank you for another great trip report! Always a great read and help when there is a long Universal drought. Thanks again!

Thank you so much...........

It’s not that long till you’re back though??? I’m sure you’re back in October or November this year?? It’ll be here before you know it.........not sure if I am just getting older, but time is passing so quickly this year, more than any other it seems.........

But, I’m so glad you enjoyed reading along.......I do appreciate it......:wave2:

Thank you Carole and Tom! #couplegoals

The amount of time, effort and photos included in your TR is greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!!!

I truly appreciate the lovely comments and knowing you enjoyed reading it makes me very happy!!! It really is a joy to write them and brings back many happy memories.......at times I look at pictures and think Oh I forgot about that bit..........so, it’s fun!!

Hope to see you on the next one too.....:wave2:

It’s always bittersweet to finish a report........but I’m always glad someone enjoys it.........

So, thank you so much for joining along and commenting as I’ve rambled away again....I am happy you enjoyed this one too.......:wave2:

I tend to savor your TRs and binge read with a warm cuppa something, gives me time to linger & enjoy them :). Appreciate how you turn a phrase. Your keen eye composing your pictures often provides an interesting take on familiar matter.

Oh, no, you posted the doctor meme:sad:I may start to blubber. Good thing I can faintly sell the next TR in the fall air.:banana:even tho I still miss my fav doctor.

You know you’ve done something right when the passive-aggressive trolls hunt you down on vacation! :scratchin Glad you did’t let her suck the air out of your last day on the trip.

I feel for locals in Orlando, cannot imagine living there with the crowds of clueless tourists gumming things up 24-7. They deserve whatever FL resident rates that are bestowed upon them and then some

However, with the upcoming demise of the youfirst program, I’m guessing u may have run into one of a small contingent of platinum guests spewing sour grapes. When at the resorts chatting, I’ve run into a few people over the years who would crow how easy it was for them to reach platinum status ($100 dining credit and suite upgrade). Have a feeling that bore is eating said crow now.

It was a very nice ride, I will miss the program greatly & hope Loews rolls out a more equitable reward program.:wizard:

I tend to savor your TRs and binge read with a warm cuppa something, gives me time to linger & enjoy them :). Appreciate how you turn a phrase. Your keen eye composing your pictures often provides an interesting take on familiar matter.

Oh, no, you posted the doctor meme:sad:I may start to blubber. Good thing I can faintly sell the next TR in the fall air.:banana:even tho I still miss my fav doctor.

You know you’ve done something right when the passive-aggressive trolls hunt you down on vacation! :scratchin Glad you did’t let her suck the air out of your last day on the trip.

I feel for locals in Orlando, cannot imagine living there with the crowds of clueless tourists gumming things up 24-7. They deserve whatever FL resident rates that are bestowed upon them and then some

However, with the upcoming demise of the youfirst program, I’m guessing u may have run into one of a small contingent of platinum guests spewing sour grapes. When at the resorts chatting, I’ve run into a few people over the years who would crow how easy it was for them to reach platinum status ($100 dining credit and suite upgrade). Have a feeling that bore is eating said crow now.

It was a very nice ride, I will miss the program greatly & hope Loews rolls out a more equitable reward program.:wizard:

Praise indeed Janet!!!!

I always love to read and hear you enjoy reading them...…..

I did add in the Dr just for you......I knew you`d like that one......he is rather gentle on the eye!! And a fellow Scot too of course...….:thumbsup2

I never let anyone knock me down or burst my bubble Janet......not for long anyway......no time for folks we refer to as dementors now......if folks want to be miserable and bitter.....let em get on with it!!! Whatever her gripe was, I have no real clue, but......I always think of this little cute meme whenever I feel negativity head my way from anyone...…

But, I`m so glad you enjoyed it......I do appreciate the lovely comments sent my way......your opinion means a lot as do others...….

Next one is up and running now...…..broke the habit of a lifetime and started it before I left...….lol...….

Thanks again for reading along...…..:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter