New Zootopia Films Coming

Agree that they need the ability to care for the animals. But they could just build a newer facility back stage at the animal barns. The existing facility is ~20 years old by now.

I concur, it can really be put anywhere backstage on Animal Kingdom property. They could even make it a special ticketed tour to get some extra dough.

If Disney needs the land for Zootopia they'll just move the animals and demo Rafiki. This way we can get our train ride as well.

Agree that they need the ability to care for the animals. But they could just build a newer facility back stage at the animal barns. The existing facility is ~20 years old by now.
Correct but it’s up to date. They also have TONS of land in front of it that can be used for expansion rather than building a new one.

I concur, it can really be put anywhere backstage on Animal Kingdom property. They could even make it a special ticketed tour to get some extra dough.

If Disney needs the land for Zootopia they'll just move the animals and demo Rafiki. This way we can get our train ride as well.
The train isn’t a necessity I don’t know why some think it is. Shanghai isn’t getting a train.

I think this along with the Indy rumors being discussed have many unanswered questions. The big one for me is whether Disney is trying to hit the easy button or not.
If they go big budget, they'll tear stuff down and start over.
If they are trying to go on the cheap, they'll use existing theming and shoehorn something small in.
Toy Story land is a bit on the cheap quick hit side of things(compared to Pandora and SWGE), but I don't think it's as cheap as they could go.

Zootopia could be a very small land, with one attraction like Shanghai, or it could be much bigger and more elaborate. Budget is the ultimate indicator.

I think this along with the Indy rumors being discussed have many unanswered questions. The big one for me is whether Disney is trying to hit the easy button or not.
If they go big budget, they'll tear stuff down and start over.
If they are trying to go on the cheap, they'll use existing theming and shoehorn something small in.
Toy Story land is a bit on the cheap quick hit side of things(compared to Pandora and SWGE), but I don't think it's as cheap as they could go.

Zootopia could be a very small land, with one attraction like Shanghai, or it could be much bigger and more elaborate. Budget is the ultimate indicator.

Budget is the dictator for sure. I never really thought of TSL as on the cheap side, but see your point. The definition to make something "a land" doesn't align with what I historically defined. My point of reference is still MK and their various lands and scale. The latest definition appears to include 2 attractions and ancillary offerings.

Perhaps AK will wait to gauge the success of Shanghai before making a financial commitment to AK (if that's where it would end up)?

If Disney only has to add 1 ride in this land they'll definitely make it. They'd probably just add in a meet and greet and call that a 2nd attraction.

Budget is the dictator for sure. I never really thought of TSL as on the cheap side, but see your point.
Calling toy story land cheap is a bit relative. I do think they trimmed the budget on it. It's also an add on with Toy Story Mania. So I think they got out of the project a bit cheaper. I think it was seen as a necessary add on with SW:GE coming. However by recent disney standards it was fairly cheap. I think the concept allowed for an inexpensive build, in the spirit of chester and hesters.

I think one of the things Disney struggles with is whether the IP is a good use of the time, space and budget. Basically what I'm trying to say is a blockbuster IP is likely to get a bigger more elaborate land. Where the IP's they think are marginal get smaller investment in the parks, maybe single attractions or mini lands. So I think sometimes they hesitate to put in a blockbuster IP for one attractions, when they might be able to milk it for a couple.

If Disney only has to add 1 ride in this land they'll definitely make it. They'd probably just add in a meet and greet and call that a 2nd attraction.

If they did retheme the train and Rafiki's they can be new cheap attractions for Zootopia.

The real question is Animal or Hollywood? I lean towards Animal because though human-like they are still furry creatures.

I heard they set aside room for an expansion in Shanghai. So they'd have to do it at ours or it will look like a lesser version.

I'd love to see a Mr Toad ride put in Zootopia. The one problem is he isn't in the movies hahaha... At least not yet.

I'll never go to Shanghai, so they have to build it here. I don't like to stereotype a whole group of people.... But there's a lot of bad apples in the Chinese bunch. Some of them seem so rude while in the parks. I've seen them multiple times walk in front of people taking pictures. And run even when asked to walk by cast members.

The Japanese people I met (when I was younger) while in Disneyland and Sea though on the other hand, are some of the nicest people I've ever had a pleasure to meet. Their customs and food were very alien to me, but the people were very helpful and cheery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!