Newbie Luggage Storage Question

javander0524

Earning My Ears
Stateroom size being what it is, where do you store your luggage once on the boat. Will it fit in the closet or is there somewhere better to put it?

We fit 4 large suitcases under the bed no problem (yes I overpack I know). There’s no way they would’ve all fit in the closet.

Under the bed for the empty suitcases is easy. There are a number of drawers around the room for the stuff that was in them. I don't know how many are in your party/room, but there should be enough room for all your clothes and gear. Some of the staterooms have a seat by the desk that is empty inside, too. However, just remember where you put everything when you get ready to, sadly, leave. The desk itself has lots of room inside and on top...we try very hard to keep that place organized so we can keep track of the next day's activities. There is a safe in the closet for your valuables, too.

Plenty of space under the bed. We nest a few suitcases, use the largest one for dirty laundry, and have room to spare.

When we travel, we normally never unpack our suitcases. We just live out of suitcases, usually placing them on suitcase racks.

I quickly found out that this doesn't work on cruises. In a typical stateroom, especially if you have more than two people, you simply don't have room for this. We therefore generally unpack everything and place our clothes, etc. in the drawers and cabinets, then nest the suitcases and put them all under the bed.

In recent years, they've also slightly increased the vertical space under the bed, which makes this even easier.

We had same problem and just left our 3 extra bags with Orlando Bag Storage and then had them deliver the bags to the airport on our return.

We usually store our empty suitcases under the bed as well. However, when we were on the Wonder in May, they didn't fit. We were able to fit them in the bottom of the closet. Same suitcases, but not as much space as we'd had on the Fantasy? I swore we put them underneath on the Magic, but maybe not?

We usually store our empty suitcases under the bed as well. However, when we were on the Wonder in May, they didn't fit. We were able to fit them in the bottom of the closet. Same suitcases, but not as much space as we'd had on the Fantasy? I swore we put them underneath on the Magic, but maybe not?
Sometimes luggage is "fatter" than we think it is. You can lift the foot of the bed and slide the bags under. The frame hangs down further than the bed itself.

We've always put our bags under the bed, on all four ships.

Sometimes luggage is "fatter" than we think it is. You can lift the foot of the bed and slide the bags under. The frame hangs down further than the bed itself.
I agree, but it was all the same luggage. The trips were only 5 months apart. We tried everything and couldn't get it under there. No big deal, we weren't bothered by it, it was just weird.

On the Wonder in August of 2019 we had one case that didn't fit easily under the bed. I just lifted the bed and my wife slid it under. There was more room under the mattress than there was under the edge of the bed frame, so no problem.

On my 2013 Wonder Oceanview sailing... there was 10 inches under the bed. My large suitcase was 12 inches thick. Had to keep shifting it to different places in the room.

Not sure if height changes for different rooms and different ships. Also not not sure if under-bed clearance increased in recent years.

Our large, hard-sided suitcases are fat but open up completely, so we lay them open under the bed. It's easy to store things we won't use for the rest of the cruise in them that way (i.e. costumes after pirate night.)

There’s no empty space to store suitcases under your bed on the Dream, 1 BR concierge suite.
Agree. We had to nest suitcases and store them in closets. While the 1 BR suites are beautiful, I was disappointed by the lack of storage. There was Also no drawer space really for people not on the master bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!