Newbie point use question

Do be aware that even owning BWV it can be difficult to get standard view studios. Right now, its pretty much a wash on renting BWV points rather than owning them financially speaking - that is, if you put the money in the stock market, and got an 8% return, and used that money every year to rent - adding in the cost of dues - it would likely be a wash - more or less - by the time BWV expired. I'd rent. I'd also plan on always booking preferred view.

VAKL - especially Kidani - is pretty easy to book at 7 months year round. Review availability charts when making decisions - although availability can shift a lot - studios used to be easier to book. Studios at all resorts tend to go first. Disney has let owners add on in small amounts, and there are lots of people who only have points for a studio.

I think I understand this correctly but if you can confirm/deny, that would be greatly appreciated.

If I buy 50 pts AKL and another 50 pts Boardwalk, then my 11 month window only allows me to book up to the 50 points associated with that resort unless I have used banked points to use more. Is that understanding correct?

We were thinking one year Boardwalk using 100 points and the following year AKL for 100 points and using OTU points if necessary to make those stays work. Is there ever a way to take 50 banked AKL/50 CYU AKL/50 banked Boardwalk/50 CYU Boardwalk if we wanted to stay at a bigger space or for longer?
You can combine points from different resorts, but not until 7 months before the trip. As someone mentioned above, you can't use Ontime Use Points until 7 months in advance either. Any booking you make between 7 and 11 months in advance must use only points from the resort you're booking. These can be current-year points, banked points, or borrowed points from that resort. So, if you own 50 points at Boardwalk, you can book a stay at Boardwalk 11 months in advance using up to 150 points (50 banked from the previous use year, 50 current, and 50 borrowed from the next use year). You can't, however, use Animal Kingdom points for that stay. If you want to use the Animal Kingdom points or add Onetime Use Points, you can add nights or change to a different resort starting 7 months in advance.

If you do borrow points, those points will stay in the use year into which they were first booked. So, you can't borrow Boardwalk points then change to Animal Kingdom points at 7 months and use the borrowed Boardwalk points the next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter