News Round Up 2017

Well...no movement on releasing more dates for Tiana’s Riverboat Party, but this morning Disney released February dates for the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party. I found it odd that they only released February though.
The riverboat is going down for refurb on January 8 and doesn’t have a return date posted yet.

The riverboat is going down for refurb on January 8 and doesn’t have a return date posted yet.

I’ve been reading about that on wdwmagic this morning. Apparently it is a 6 month refurb that has been planned and it is due to boiler replacement. Steam trains and other steam powered engines all have this same issue where the boiler takes such a beating that an area extensive replacement is a requirement after so much time in use.

I’ve been reading about that on wdwmagic this morning. Apparently it is a 6 month refurb that has been planned and it is due to boiler replacement. Steam trains and other steam powered engines all have this same issue where the boiler takes such a beating that an area extensive replacement is a requirement after so much time in use.
This is true. The worst disaster in U.S. maritime history was the result of an exploding boiler. You can look up the story of the Sultana, one of the saddest endings to almost 1300 Union POWs following the Civil War.

It all matches the rumors that each station would be appropriately themed. I’m excited for this.

At least per the concept art the stations seem to fit the setting they are in really, really well - which I am glad to see ... also mention of murals at the EPCOT station has me excited

Interesting that only select cars will have the characters on the windows

Wish we had the oncept art for Art of Animation's though. Also, the bend allowing you to see the mechanics of the skyway system, seems interesting

yeah, good point about the mechanics - wonder if they are trying to tie that in to "Future World" of EPCOT to see science/engineering of new technology

Something interesting that seems omitted here is the Riviera resort station. I only say this because they bothered to mention every other location INCLUDING the Boardwalk Turn Station which does nothing - yet they called it out. Not suggesting there won't be a station at Riviera, but just seems odd it wasn't mentioned.

The other thing is that this is really the first time we have seen full confirmation that there will definitely be multiple lines that change at CBR. It is still not known weather there are two or three separate lines. The view included appears to show the station from the CBR/Lake side, and so the Pop /AoA line is on the left, and the Epcot line is on the right, and whether the DHS line is a separate line cannot be gleaned for certain.

Edit: Another slightly less interesting point, the DHS and Epcot stations show lines that angle upward pretty quickly out of the station - the CBR hub on the other hand does not, and appears to stay fairly low. This is a minor point and might even be artistic over actual.

Edit again: There's an awful lot of people carrying shopping bags in these pictures.

Something interesting that seems omitted here is the Riviera resort station. I only say this because they bothered to mention every other location INCLUDING the Boardwalk Turn Station which does nothing - yet they called it out. Not suggesting there won't be a station at Riviera, but just seems odd it wasn't mentioned.

The other thing is that this is really the first time we have seen full confirmation that there will definitely be multiple lines that change at CBR. It is still not known weather there are two or three separate lines. The view included appears to show the station from the CBR/Lake side, and so the Pop /AoA line is on the left, and the Epcot line is on the right, and whether the DHS line is a separate line cannot be gleaned for certain.

Edit: Another slightly less interesting point, the DHS and Epcot stations show lines that angle upward pretty quickly out of the station - the CBR hub on the other hand does not, and appears to stay fairly low. This is a minor point and might even be artistic over actual.

Edit again: There's an awful lot of people carrying shopping bags in these pictures.
Maybe one of the 12 Days announcements is about the Riviera resort and they are waiting to tell more for that.

I have mixed feelings on this one. I get that they want "their own" Castle and want to compete a bit with what Shanghai has - but the concept art just looks like some sort of mutant Castle - needs some self editing. Also, I loved the setting of the Castle there now where you can see the green hills behind it - I hope this doesn't take that aspect away

Maybe one of the 12 Days announcements is about the Riviera resort and they are waiting to tell more for that.

I think it's more likely the opposite. The Riviera resort is a long ways off, so who cares what the theme of the gondola station is. (Either that or its not yet finalized.) I know there are some restrictions with how much they can advertise a DVC resort before it's for sale, so maybe that's part of it as well. I seriously doubt they are going to make DVC guests walk (or bus) halfway across CBR to get to the gondola station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!