Not open for further replies.
I don't think they need one. They have:

Be Our Guest
Skipper Canteen
The Plaza
Tony's Town Square
Crystal Palace

and I think I'm missing one?

Epcot has more options because The World Showcase is obviously going to showcase food of the countries. And it's not an attraction heavy park, their food is part of Epcot's "attractions".

Forgot Cinderella's Royal Table

I would love a Haunted Mansion one - even if more of a lounge or something vs a full on table service restaurant (so something like Nomad Lounge or Baseline Tap House) .... granted my idea was always to have it in the "basement" of the mansion and part of an underground connection to Tom Sawyer Island - so clearly I didn't get the memo about staying on budget ;)

I have to admit, things like this drive me crazy. Any environmental bona-fides Disney claims go out the window when you pay people to drive trucks, with generators hammering away in the back, around in circles for the sole purpose of advertising. I hated seeing it when I lived in NYC and regardless of how cute this looks, it's an obnoxious and wasteful form of advertising.

But yeah... no more plastic bags! Huzzah!

I didn't and I won't. Seems like a ridiculous standard to hold a company to, to me. If it isn't perfect it's bad? I don't subscribe to that.

I will say sometimes the optics look bad and it is hard to take them seriously then when they say they are dropping free bags at the Disney Store's in malls because they are "going green" ..

... but then add Ziploc as a sponsor for the Kidcot stations that includes, you guessed it, plastic bags, and then do things like this

To be honest, I don't really mind/care all that much, but does make any pledge they have about "being green" run a bit hallow - especially when things happen so close together (that said, even if the "no bags" thing is more about $ than being green it isn't a bad thing to reduce the # of plastic bags out there)

I didn't and I won't. Seems like a ridiculous standard to hold a company to, to me. If it isn't perfect it's bad? I don't subscribe to that.

It doesn't have to be perfect. I support the dropping of bags, the end of straws. Lots of little things. If Disney wants to trumpet those, and they should because marketing is important, then good for them. But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't think critically about other things and give them a shot across the jaw when they do something as wasteful as this.

This form of marketing is particularly egregious to me. In addition to using a large amount of energy, though granted less than a rounding error on their general theme park business, it adds to congestion in Orlando, an area that ranks in the top 15% globally for congested cities. It also distracts drivers, in a place where many drivers are domestic or international tourists on unfamiliar streets in unfamiliar rental cars.

Everything about it is a poor form of advertising when you think about it critically. It doesn't even reach that many people, and certainly doesn't reach them for long.

To be honest, I don't really mind/care all that much, but does make any pledge they have about "being green" run a bit hallow - especially when things happen so close together (that said, even if the "no bags" thing is more about $ than being green it isn't a bad thing to reduce the # of plastic bags out there)
All businesses are doing this — balancing profit and PR — that’s what it’s really about. Disney isn’t any better or worse, and I don’t think we should expect any company to do any different.

Everyone loves a green initiative these days, and people don’t want to pay more for a company to go green. I wonder how many of these initiatives are pretty meaningless in the end anyway. How many people have so many “reusable” bags that they routinely forget at home that they’re throwing those out now? I’m not going to hold Disney or any company to an inherently unsustainable standard.

Forgot Cinderella's Royal Table

I would love a Haunted Mansion one - even if more of a lounge or something vs a full on table service restaurant (so something like Nomad Lounge or Baseline Tap House) .... granted my idea was always to have it in the "basement" of the mansion and part of an underground connection to Tom Sawyer Island - so clearly I didn't get the memo about staying on budget ;)

A lounge would be perfect. We can sit and enjoy some spirits....with spirits.

It doesn't have to be perfect. I support the dropping of bags, the end of straws. Lots of little things. If Disney wants to trumpet those, and they should because marketing is important, then good for them. But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't think critically about other things and give them a shot across the jaw when they do something as wasteful as this.

This form of marketing is particularly egregious to me. In addition to using a large amount of energy, though granted less than a rounding error on their general theme park business, it adds to congestion in Orlando, an area that ranks in the top 15% globally for congested cities. It also distracts drivers, in a place where many drivers are domestic or international tourists on unfamiliar streets in unfamiliar rental cars.

Everything about it is a poor form of advertising when you think about it critically. It doesn't even reach that many people, and certainly doesn't reach them for long.
Would you feel better if they were electric vehicles? Then is it a less stupid form of advertising?

My point is that you could begin to look at every little thing a company does and say the same thing about many of their initiatives. Every company could be accused of hypocrisy by this logic. What one might achieve with this is companies not bothering to try. Wouldn’t that be worse than just being pleased with any incremental change they do make?

Also: I’ve reached my limit on number of posts on a given topic within a news thread so I’ll leave it at that! :)

Has this been posted??

Fastpass Available To Purchase During New Test In Disneyland Paris

“Disney Access One will allow guests to purchase a one time Fastpass for one attraction for €15 ($17.50).”

https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/fastpass-available-to-purchase-during-new-test-in-disneyland-paris/

giphy.gif

Has this been posted??

“Disney Access One will allow guests to purchase a one time Fastpass for one attraction for €15 ($17.50).”

https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/fastpass-available-to-purchase-during-new-test-in-disneyland-paris/

so if they still have paper fastpass is this really only useful for when those paper fastpasses have run out for the day? Or, I guess if the return time doesn't work for you or something

Maybe just how my mind works but would be hard to get me to pay for something that I could already get for free unless their is an additional benefit (like if there was a third line that was even shorter than the Fastpass line or something) ... I know this says it comes with a "surprise souvenir" so maybe that would make it worth it

I think this is the first test to charge per FP... we do currently have that club level FP test ongoing in WDW... you have to buy 3/day for 3 days minimum, I believe.

As long as we get to keep the 3 fast passes per day that we have now for free, I'm not opposed to being able to buy extra fast passes if I choose to. I welcome it actually for days I know I'll be in parks where the 4th fast pass for some rides is practically non-existent. I would really welcome being able to buy an all day express/front of line pass in some form.

I think this is the first test to charge per FP... we do currently have that club level FP test ongoing in WDW... you have to buy 3/day for 3 days minimum, I believe.

At least with that one you also get the ability to book them 90 days out - basically guaranteeing you will get what you want (which, once Galaxy's Edge opens, I see some value in)

Definitely looks like they are testing different paid systems (these two, plus at Disneyland paying for MaxPass and the (at least rumor) you will have to have MaxPass for Galaxy's Edge)

Has this been posted??

I wonder what the "special gift/souvenir" is? Depending on what it is, $17 might be equal to whatever that souvenir is and then you get to ride on your favorite ride. As you can see, I'm trying to think of a positive, but I probably would never purchase this for ONE fastpass.

Disneyland charges $10 per day/person to use their upgraded fastpass system, and you get any downloadable pictures for the entire day that you are in the park. Plus, you can get on so many rides with the MaxPass system. I think Disneyland is winning so far in their "up-charge" competition between parks.

I wonder what the "special gift/souvenir" is? Depending on what it is, $17 might be equal to whatever that souvenir is and then you get to ride on your favorite ride. As you can see, I'm trying to think of a positive, but I probably would never purchase this for ONE fastpass.

Disneyland charges $10 per person to use their upgraded fastpass system, and you get any downloadable pictures for the entire day that you are in the park. Plus, you can get on so many rides with the MaxPass system. I think Disneyland is winning so far in their "up-charge" competition between parks.

Still wish MaxPass was like $10/person or $25/family or something - especially as you only need one photopass (or whatever they call it) account per family - so for me to pay $50 extra a day for my family when that one benefit is really only useful for us as a family, not individually sort of grinds my hears

I could see the per ride charge working better in WDW where FP are booked ahead. Say for Flight of Passage or after Galaxy's Edge opens, if we stay off site we have next to no chance to get a FP for it (unless we stalk the system and get luck). But pay for the 1 (or 3) rides or something is still a lot cheaper than it would cost us to stay onsite vs off

Where it is day of I don't see as much benefit to paying for a FP

Still wish MaxPass was like $10/person or $25/family or something - especially as you only need one photopass (or whatever they call it) account per family - so for me to pay $50 extra a day for my family when that one benefit is really only useful for us as a family, not individually sort of grinds my hears

I could see the per ride charge working better in WDW where FP are booked ahead. Say for Flight of Passage or after Galaxy's Edge opens, if we stay off site we have next to no chance to get a FP for it (unless we stalk the system and get luck). But pay for the 1 (or 3) rides or something is still a lot cheaper than it would cost us to stay onsite vs off

Where it is day of I don't see as much benefit to paying for a FP
Yeah. I completely agree with you there. I keep forgetting about the "family aspect" since I'm usually a solo traveler or traveling with my Dad. So, it doesn't turn out to be that much more expensive for us usually.

Yeah. I completely agree with you there. I keep forgetting about the "family aspect" since I'm usually a solo traveler or traveling with my Dad. So, it doesn't turn out to be that much more expensive for us usually.

Yeah, I think the concept is great and works for solo travelers or a couple of adults - just not as good for families - which, unfortunately I found to be the case with Disneyland/DCA in general more than I expected. (but that is for another thread, sorry for the tangent)

Yeah - I have to say thinking ahead to our potential DLR trip next year - I am not too keen on spending $150 just to make getting FP easier. (3 people x 5 days) Since there's no deal for adding multiple days - my initial though is for in the first two days try buying it one day and not the other and seeing whether we feel we got $30 worth of benefit out of it, and then maybe using it again on a subsequent day if we liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter