News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - I have to say thinking ahead to our potential DLR trip next year - I am not too keen on spending $150 just to make getting FP easier. (3 people x 5 days) Since there's no deal for adding multiple days - my initial though is for in the first two days try buying it one day and not the other and seeing whether we feel we got $30 worth of benefit out of it, and then maybe using it again on a subsequent day if we liked it.

I’m at Disneyland right now and we decided to purchase maxpass for our entire stay (3 people for 5 days) and it’s tottally worth it in my opinion. On Friday we went to Disneyland and I got 10 fast passes. I even could’ve gotten more if I didn’t have my fantasmic dining package. At DCA it’s not as worth it as there only about 5-6 rides you can Fastpass and they run out quicker. I still was able to get radiator springs racers, 2 guardian rides, 2 incredicoaster rides and one Toy Story Mania ride.

I don't think they need one. They have:

Be Our Guest
Skipper Canteen
The Plaza
Tony's Town Square
Crystal Palace

and I think I'm missing one?

Epcot has more options because The World Showcase is obviously going to showcase food of the countries. And it's not an attraction heavy park, their food is part of Epcot's "attractions".

@Farro also Liberty Tree & Diamond Horshoe

Reason you don’t think of MK restaurants is they need to improve two of them (Tony’s & Plaza).

Maybe I should have prefaced that by saying MK could use another "good" table service restaurant. Be Our Guest (dinner) and CRT are not really worth the cost of 2 credits, I don't care for Liberty Tree or Diamond Horseshoe, etc. Really the only two I think are worth going to more than once are Skipper Canteen and The Plaza...and most of the food at the various places isn't all that interesting (or good depending on the restaurant *cough - Cinderella's Royal Table). To each their own...perhaps they are also thinking the close proximity of the monorail resort restaurants give people other options.

Maybe I should have prefaced that by saying MK could use another "good" table service restaurant. Be Our Guest (dinner) and CRT are not really worth the cost of 2 credits, I don't care for Liberty Tree or Diamond Horseshoe, etc. Really the only two I think are worth going to more than once are Skipper Canteen and The Plaza...and most of the food at the various places isn't all that interesting (or good depending on the restaurant *cough - Cinderella's Royal Table). To each their own...perhaps they are also thinking the close proximity of the monorail resort restaurants give people other options.

BoG dinner is still 1 credit. Learned this when we were there in June (and was surprised).

Yup. I’m holding of judgement on value of 2 credits until I have a meal there under new system.

There's almost no meal that's worth two credits. The "value" of two credits, based on $75 a day cost for the DDP is probably about $100 in real money. Not sure you get that out of any meal at a 2TS restaurant. One of the many flaws of the DDP - Signature restaurants are priced as twice 1TS restaurants, but are valued as such on the DDP.

End anti-DDP rant.

Interesting that you call the ones from the 90's the "older" style as the new ones are supposed to look more like what the actual stuffed animals the real Christopher Robbin had decades ago
I was going to say this. The ones from the 90's are not considered "classic". I affectionately refer to the styles of Pooh as "new" and "old" with the atrocious bright yellow bear as the new.

I was going to say this. The ones from the 90's are not considered "classic". I affectionately refer to the styles of Pooh as "new" and "old" with the atrocious bright yellow bear as the new.

The early 90's were a time where you could indeed get classic Pooh stuff as it was readily available. We were classic Pooh fans because my daughter that was born in 1990 was brought up on Pooh and her room was entirely "classic" pooh. Neither classic Pooh then or now are bright yellow. These here do look totally different from the 90's classic Pooh and both are way different from the Modern Pooh.

@skier_pete Totally agree (stopped doing DDP years ago), but, still use it as a barameter. Still, being fair and holding off judgement.

Totally fair - and I am definitely not making the decision based on what I think the quality of food will be. For me and how I budget for our vacations, I just can't see spending that much money on one meal - especially when it's a fixed menu and my 10 year old has to eat as an adult when there's a fixed menu or buffet. I'd rather spend that money on another experience (e.g. we're doing the Caring for Giants tour on our next trip or we've done one of the parties in the past, etc.). I am pretty confident the food there for dinner will be good - we don't particularly care for the lunch menu there, so now that they are raising the prices we probably will just forgo eating there in the future and it's one less MK restaurant that's a viable option for us :)

I don't think they need one. They have:

Be Our Guest
Skipper Canteen
The Plaza
Tony's Town Square
Crystal Palace

and I think I'm missing one?

Epcot has more options because The World Showcase is obviously going to showcase food of the countries. And it's not an attraction heavy park, their food is part of Epcot's "attractions".

Magic kingdom could defintely use another table service restaurant imo.

Magic kingdom could defintely use another table service restaurant imo.

we eat table service (mostly Plaza) for lunch but take monorail of boat to MK hotels for dinner. Just makes more sense for us as Geyser Point, WCC, The Wave, Kona, and the signatures in all the hotels are better than whats in the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter