News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a good choice for host, but I was really hoping they were going to utilized some of that unused Serling footage. Still cautiously optimistic about this one. It has to be better than the two previous reboots.

I know he has moved on to more sophisticated/serious things but I still think of him mostly from Key and Peele and am fearful it will come off like a sketch from the show

Of course!!! It is a dance party though, and I usually don't do those.

However, as long as we get to pretend to be an animal and reenact the "Circle of Life" sequence of the movie, then I might think this could be the coolest dance party ever! :D If not, having Lion King characters will be cool as well. :)

and when it is over they will encourage you to continue the "circle of life" theme by eating a meat product at one of the fabulous restaurant offerings in Animal Kingdom :D

I know he has moved on to more sophisticated/serious things but I still think of him mostly from Key and Peele and am fearful it will come off like a sketch from the show

I never watched that one, but I have seen him in other things and some of his other work. I have faith that he can do it correctly. I think it would've been better off with somebody like Christopher Nolan (a content creator with a knack for twists and tight storytelling), but I never thought he'd do it.

I was just hopeful that they'd use Serling intros again since according to his Widow, there are hundreds of them that Serling filmed after the show ended. And she's talked about trying to use them for a reboot before.

I completely understand not being a fan of Epcot, and specifically WS. As you mentioned, WS is mostly things to look at, shopping and restaurants. The concept of paying a ton of money for the privilege of spending more money either shopping or eating is not appealing to me. Those are secondary activities for me, and the primary purpose of my theme park visits is the attractions (both rides and shows). I could pass an afternoon in WS (if not travelling with my preschooler), but it would not be my preferred vacation. That said, I do plan on spending a full day (minus a mid-day nap break at the hotel) on our upcoming trip. Just going to spend most of it in FW. Lovely to have both options so there is something for everyone!
This --
With how easy knowledge is to acquire nowadays - PAYING a full theme park admission to go to a place where you can enjoy a "trip around the world" and eat and shop at different exotic places? Not as appealing now as it was in 1980. Heck .. Disney Springs has MORE and probably more exotic dining choices than the World Showcase.

We just got back. This past week was brutal with "feels like" temps in the 100s. We did OK, but I really have no idea how they can build anything down there without shade cover and fans (I'm looking at you Toy Story Land). In a lot of cases, half the fans weren't working either. It was almost insult to injury.

We walked past the Wreck It Ralph area Tuesday, and wondered where the heck it went!

We were there exactly two years ago, too, and had the same experience. Feels like temps in the 100s and even though we had great low crowd experiences (the longest we waited was an hour for one ride - Midway Mania) - we vowed never to go when it's that hot again. We just felt rushed to get from one air conditioned space to the next and couldn't really take our time to enjoy the details in everything.

Ugh with the dance parties.

I know there's always 5 kids who like them.
But ugh from me.
I thought that too .. but one of our favorite family memories at WDW came from one of these dance parties. When we were at MK with my son in 2015 (3yo at the time) and his cousins we were in Tomorrowland at dusk (avoiding the parade). After a ride on Buzz, the Incredibles Dance party was starting up and the kids wanted to join in and the adults couldn't help but join in too. My son was wearing an Incredibles T-shirt coincidentally and Mr. Incredible himself came up to my son and noticed that. My son was thrilled and danced away. What a great way to end our night -- smiles for all. (and it tuckers out those little kiddos). My son doesn't remember it much, but we have pictures. A great memory and something I would participate in again with preschoolers.

Ugh with the dance parties.

I know there's always 5 kids who like them.
But ugh from me.

42236173_10217328567836370_9172328016989126656_n.jpg

I’ve gotta say this was a fantastic trailer! Before my interest levels were decently low but now I’m more than excited to see this movie. We got the plot but not too much of it and it also seems like it won’t actually be solely product placement. I love all of the clever internet jokes (especially the pop up ads) but the plot just intrigued me. I don’t know about y’all but I’m ready to break the internet

Do you think the Incredibles Dance Party will just be the one from Tomorrow land, moved to make room for Tomorrow land update???

News

19 Magical New and Limited-Time Experiences Coming to Walt Disney World Resort in 2019!

Magic Kingdom:

1. "Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration will bring new music, dancing and all sorts of other fun to Magic Kingdom Park."
2. "The new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party” at Magic Kingdom Park will invite you to dance with Mickey, Minnie and their pals in front of Cinderella Castle."
3. "The Dapper Dans and other entertainers on Main Street, U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom Park will sing songs in honor of Mickey and Minnie."
4. "Look for special Mickey- and Minnie-themed merchandise and food at Magic Kingdom Park to make this party complete."
5. "And this is a Surprise Celebration, after all, so you can expect more Limited-Time Magic entertainment and other experiences to pop up periodically around Magic Kingdom Park."

Disney's Hollywood Studios:

6. "The Incredibles are coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios, as Pixar Place will transform into a Metroville city block."
7. "At the end of the block, a party will be held in honor of Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone to celebrate their Super deeds."
8. "Meet the one and only Edna Mode – the greatest super suit designer! She will set up a special location on Pixar Place showcasing some of her best creations (no capes!)."
9. "Also on Pixar Place, look for clues to the whereabouts of the youngest Incredible, the mischievous and multi-powered Jack-Jack."
10. " Elsewhere at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, a door to the monster world will open inside Walt Disney Presents, where you’ll have a chance to meet Mike and Sulley from Pixar’s Monsters, Inc."

Disney's Animal Kingdom:

11. "Celebrate the 25th anniversary of Walt Disney Pictures’ “The Lion King” at Disney's Animal Kingdom along with Timon and Rafiki in the “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” on Discovery Island. Let your inner animal roam free on the dance floor in this raucous party!"
12. "Also at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, have fun posing in front of special three-dimensional photo opportunities re-creating scenes from the animated classic."

EPCOT:

13. "The EPCOT International Festival of the Arts is back! This year’s special event takes place Jan. 18 – Feb.25, allowing you to indulge in world-class culinary, visual and performing arts."
14. "The Disney on Broadway Concert Series is expanding to seven days a week during the Festival of the Arts, so you’ll have even more opportunities to experience some Disney musical magic live on stage."
15. "Welcome spring’s arrival with the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, returning March 6 – June 3 with its wide selection of delectable bites at outdoor kitchens and dozens of Disney-themed topiaries blooming around the park."
16. "Even better, this year’s Garden Rocks Concert Series expands, as well, to seven days a week during the Flower & Garden Festival, which means a total of 270 concerts over the course of the 90-day event."

Disney's Hollywood Studios:

17. "Ka-Chow! Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy rolls into Disney’s Hollywood Studios in spring 2019. In this new show experience, you’ll come face to face with Lightning and learn from his years of experience on the track."
18. "Outside the Racing Academy, you’ll get to meet Lightning McQueen’s speedy pal, Cruz Ramirez."

More Throughout Walt Disney World:

19. "If you haven’t visited Walt Disney World Resort recently, then there’s even more for you to explore and experience. Become an honorary toy at Toy Story Land in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, travel to the bioluminescent planet of Pandora - The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom or wish a fond farewell to "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth" – the nighttime spectacular at EPCOT – before its conclusion scheduled for the second half of 2019."

It looks like this list only encompasses until Fall 2019. The most notable experiences not on this list are: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, and the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival.

Just noticed they didn’t mention the Disney Skyliner ... maybe it was to focus on the parks but they specifically say”throughout The alt Disney World” at the end. Just thought it was odd

Does it seem odd they would want you to see Illuminations before it closes, yet not mention a whole new show you might want to see after?

Maybe they're just planning ahead for the inevitable budget cuts leading to the new show being pulled. Instead we'll get Lonnie from American Adventure on a barge with a couple sparklers.

Does it seem odd they would want you to see Illuminations before it closes, yet not mention a whole new show you might want to see after?

agree - though perhaps is even more evidence that this is really through the summer and then in the fall will be separate promotion for the new EPCOT show, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad, Galaxy's Edge, etc.

I think he'll be great. I encourage you to listen to some of his interviews/check out other projects. Really interesting and talented guy.

I think he'll be great. I encourage you to listen to some of his interviews/check out other projects. Really interesting and talented guy.

Oh I have - seen a lot of his stuff and think he is great - just hard to shake initial / strong mental image some times

Like, not matter how much Broadway and other stuff he does not sure I will see Daniel Radcliffe as anything other than Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!