News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

The article speculates that this would be used for work related to TRON and the Reflections resort - but I am seeing a lot of speculation that there could be much more afoot in the area, for why now, after all these years, are you building up the infrastructure here?
All the "infrastructure" there right now is simply office trailers and general work space. This sounds like just adding more.

Did I miss this here? KtP is reporting Kali closure for Jan 7-March 22. Late notice for us.... makes me hate Disney that they can change their plans a month before my trip but I need to know mine 6 months in advance.
Haven't seen that but no surprising with Kali.

so the NEWS that @rteetz posted about earlier I think is pretty interesting

For those that missed it:
STOLport set for significant expansion:

https://wdwnt.com/2018/12/imagineer...-C3NUiKPqkFGGU6CCSVkF9Exp91Ul3xejKL9RgIPS6j24

This is the area where the old tiny airport was for when executives and others would fly directly to the property, and is on the other side of the roadway that goes to the MK parking lot

The article speculates that this would be used for work related to TRON and the Reflections resort - but I am seeing a lot of speculation that there could be much more afoot in the area, for why now, after all these years, are you building up the infrastructure here?

Probably nothing, but fun to speculate

;)

WDI is doing a lot of expanding. Their offices at Epcot are expanding as well. The cruise line also uses the WDW offices so with all the expansion at WDW and DCL this makes sense.

I'm trying to think of the last time that Disney build permanent office space. I believe the Team Disney building (across from Disney Springs) was built in the early 90s. The new Cast Member building for Disney Springs is a replacement for the one razed to build a parking garage. I never cared to look, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some office space was lost for the expansion at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

I know some people work in offices in nearby Celebration. And some Cast Members are based in offices that are closer to Universal than Disney property. (That's where I used to work.)

Disney World is a massive organization that requires lots of administration (aka office work). Because of that fact, I'd guess that the STOLport trailers are simply there to provide a working space closer to the actual work sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter