News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEWS

DVC Galactic Gathering at EPCOT on Wednesday, April 10 from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...B5P4P1m54RHHbTPDI0EeGdwBtd8cfpJ4KsL_ne4FktPY4

Disney Vacation Club has just announced a special one-night-only event that will take place next month. Star Wars: Galactic Gathering is going to transform the World ShowPlace pavilion at Epcot into an exclusive Star Wars experience for Disney Vacation Club Members and their guests on Wednesday, April 10 from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

As part of this Membership Magic event, Disney Vacation Club Members and guests can take part in enjoying Star Wars-themed foods and beverages, meeting some of their favorite Star Wars characters, posing for photos with Star Wars set pieces and props, and more.

The menu for this event includes hors d’oeuvres, specialty beverages, and an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet featuring a salad cone station (with Endor Cous Cous), a small-bites station (featuring a Tatooine Cheeseburger Spring Roll), a bowl action station (with Alderaan Bean Wat with Basmati Scented Rice and Cilantro among the options) and a carving station. Sweet options will include selections such as a Blue Milk Panna Cotta, Darth Vader Cupcakes, and BB-8 Mousse Domes.

A live DJ will also be on-hand providing a “stellar soundtrack to transport you to your favorite planet.”

The cost per person is $225 for adults (ages 10 and up) and $210 for children (ages 3-9) including tax and gratuity, and separate theme park admission is required. Eligible DVC Members can book this experience for themselves plus as many as 5 guests per membership. Reservations can be made online or by calling DVC Member Services.

Every. Single. Time. Seriously, we miss every Member Magic by a day or two . Urgh.

The NBA and Disney have such a money heavy relationship. The NBA can certainly afford the rent and this is a one of a kind venue. Also remember Wide World of Sports which holds basketball tournaments. I imagine many people in town for that may want to stop and see this.

It seems like a lot of Disney people on these boards don’t appreciate how popular the NBA is. Depending on what you use to rank, it’s #2/3 in the country.

We waited 50 minutes for that cotton Candy in early March. And yes, for that wait we did choose to get the biggest one (5 layers). It was fascinating to watch them make and they give you a good photo op when they hand it to you. It tasted good (not flavored though) and was light and fluffy.

The answer is no I don't regret a 50 minute wait for cotton candy, it was a work of art plus hello, it's cotton candy. But if you don't love cotton candy then I'd say stay away and stop making the line longer lol.

If this were to hurt the 5 diamond award I would think Disney wouldn’t be doing it then. Having that 5 diamond award is a big deal for Disney.
I am probably in the minority here, but I love BatB and think this is a great idea. The live-action movie lends itself more towards an upscale bar than the cartoon movie. The live-action did really well, no?

I heard rumors of Spaceship Earth refurbing....but I recently heard it was going to be closed for two years?! Is that true? Did I just miss that thread on here?? That seems.....extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter