News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makes sense. Star Wars is kind of a "straight to DVD" type franchise going forward after 9.

Sure:
TFA: $2.07 Billion
Rogue1: $1.05 Billion
TLJ: $1.33 Billion
Solo: $393 million (Not what they wanted but amusingly in hindsight has gotten a lot of positive word of mouth.)

Clearly going to head "straight to Streaming" from now on. I also heard that after Endgame Marvel figured there's no point in releasing theatrical anymore, so just going to release everything on Disney+. :thumbsup2

Edit: Also easy to forget that the Solo "Bomb" was the 10th highest grossing domestic film of 2018.

Sure:
TFA: $2.07 Billion
Rogue1: $1.05 Billion
TLJ: $1.33 Billion
Solo: $393 million (Not what they wanted but amusingly in hindsight has gotten a lot of positive word of mouth.)

Clearly going to head "straight to Streaming" from now on. I also heard that after Endgame Marvel figured there's no point in releasing theatrical anymore, so just going to release everything on Disney+. :thumbsup2

Edit: Also easy to forget that the Solo "Bomb" was the 10th highest grossing domestic film of 2018.
Yeah, the films aren't done. It does make sense to delay films for a time period in an attempt to drive people to Disney+ to get their Star Wars fix.

I don't get this one. The cost of the full Disney+ bundle works out to around $200/year, but Main Entrance Pass/Admission privileges (if you're accounting for ticket cost) can be worth thousands. The only people I can see selecting Disney+ are those cast members or other employees that either don't have family or friends that visit the parks or really hate the parks themselves.

I don't get this one. The cost of the full Disney+ bundle works out to around $200/year, but Main Entrance Pass/Admission privileges (if you're accounting for ticket cost) can be worth thousands. The only people I can see selecting Disney+ are those cast members or other employees that either don't have family or friends that visit the parks or really hate the parks themselves.

One situation where it could be really beneficial is for people who are married and both spouses live at Disney World. No sense in both of them having it.

It might also depend on the person. If someone doesn’t use the free family/friends tickets, then they might as well get some personal use out of streaming services.

It wouldn't have cost Disney anything to give their cast members Disney+ as an extra benefit of their employment.

Yep - so positioning it as "exciting new benefit" where they choose EITHER the Disney + bundle (at $200 value) OR the Main Entrance Pass (valued well over $200 if it were used for a single short vacation, to $1K if it were used as often as an annual pass) is pure smoke and mirrors. It should just be "hey we are giving this to our employees on top of their existing benefits".

🤷
They didn't have the option for free disney+ before. They now have the option of free disney+. I'm sure there are plenty that don't take advantage of the main entrance pass benefit. For those people this is a nice perk. For those that it doesn't make sense, oh well. They don't have to offer either of them, and they can remove either benefit at any time.

🤷
They didn't have the option for free disney+ before. They now have the option of free disney+. I'm sure there are plenty that don't take advantage of the main entrance pass benefit. For those people this is a nice perk. For those that it doesn't make sense, oh well. They don't have to offer either of them, and they can remove either benefit at any time.
The main entrance pass is a notorious thing with Disney employment. It’s why many work at Disney. Disney certainly could offer both or at the very least just Disney+ in addition to the main entrance pass,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!