News Round Up 2020

Still trying to think of a "major change" to the way we "know" Disney. Potentially only having parks open on certain days? (like MK only open every other day?) .. or splitting the day into morning/afternoon and your reservation is only good for HALF the day? Maybe just a list of the attractions that will be for sure closed (like all indoor theatres)? (or have they said that already?)

2 parks per day...hadn't thought of that, but that seems possible, at least for July...

This will hit us hard as we had a free dining bounce back trip booked. If I suddenly need to budget in for food that’s a huge addition to our vacation budget. Looking more and more like this trip isn’t going to happen. :(

Waiting to see if the offer anything in the way of an incentive for those who already had packages booked?

I understand why they’re making these changes, I’m just hoping they offer a future compensation/incentive.

This will probably eliminate us from going. I can‘t my 2 year old to keep a mask on.
I seriously doubt Disney will kick someone out if their 2 year old refuses to wear a mask and/or throws a fit about it . . most 2yos at Disney are stroller bound and well socially distanced. It probably is more for what you just said .. to essentially "discourage" families with small children to come.

Without saying it .. Disney probably just knows that they aren't going to get their typical vacation families there for a while (all summer?) Have the parks open in a limited way, but have it so restricted that most "typical" Disney vacationers don't want to come anyway. So, they probably will just get young adults, locals and vloggers there. Which is probably what they want.

The younger adults have way less chance they get or negatively affected by the virus and thus feel safer to come out anyway and are more likely to spend money on "stuff" there (souvenirs, food, etc.), and care less about the things that are being cancelled (characters and fireworks). Adults are easier to socially distance then kids, etc. etc.

So there message says guests who booked for dates from may 28th on will have to rebook but what about the people like us who booked for this past march are APH and were told to modify same trip to may then told again another movement to june..its the same reservation # and i know they have the info on file so will they consider us to be in the pool to modify for when they open in july? cuase that doesnt seem cool they told us twice to modify or it would auto cancel..now we are in the june boat and out of luck?

Thu, May 28, 2020 An Update on Walt Disney World Resort Reservations Thomas Smith by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks

FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours: As a result of the COVID-19 impact, the FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as we plan to use additional queue space to manage capacity at our attractions and maintain physical distancing. We will automatically cancel existing FastPass+ selections and share any future updates on the service at a later date. Also, please note that upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended.

Dining and Experiences: In order to foster physical distancing during this time, upon reopening, our offerings, restaurants and other experiences such as behind-the-scenes tours will be limited in capacity, and other experiences may remain closed. As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings, including Disney dining plans included in packages. We will reopen dining and experience bookings with more limited numbers closer to when the parks reopen. We will also shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window for dining and experience bookings going forward to allow Guests to make their plans closer to their visits.

We will automatically cancel existing FastPass+ selections and share any future updates on the service at a later date.

...difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings,

We will also shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window for dining and experience bookings...

Top Things You Should Know

Top Things You Should Know

Here are the top things to know as you prepare to visit:
Some details may evolve, so be sure to check this page often.
-

Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter