News Round Up 2020

So, two Universal items:

Super Nintendo World is apparently now official for Epic Universe. Not surprising at all, but it's announced.

In other news, Alicia Stella gave an interview about what she expects from the Mario Kart ride, so... spoiler alert? But it sounds incredible if they get it right.
Yeah I believe @The Pho posted all the rumored details a while ago now from Alicia.

Yeah I believe @The Pho posted all the rumored details a while ago now from Alicia.
The Mario Kart breakdown was posted last month, I think somebody beat me to it though, but most of Alicia’s Universal info (among other sources) has made it here by one of us. Seems crazy that we’re only a couple months from ride videos of Mario Kart surfacing.

In other news, Alicia Stella gave an interview about what she expects from the Mario Kart ride, so... spoiler alert? But it sounds incredible if they get it right.
If you haven’t seen her article about it, you may want to give it a look, has a great breakdown of what to expect, similar to the video.
https://orlandoparkstop.com/news/ru...ntendo-world-track-layout-scene-descriptions/

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/george-lucas-reportedly-return-star-wars-full-control/
I don’t exactly trust the source here but this would be a very interesting turn. George Lucas is one of the largest shareholders, so not crazy for him to get his way if this is true.
Oh please lord no, if for no other reason than his horrible dialogue writing. I may have my gripes about things here and there in the new trilogy, but actual dialogue wise they are MILES better than the prequels.

The Mario Kart breakdown was posted last month, I think somebody beat me to it though, but most of Alicia’s Universal info (among other sources) has made it here by one of us. Seems crazy that we’re only a couple months from ride videos of Mario Kart surfacing.

If you haven’t seen her article about it, you may want to give it a look, has a great breakdown of what to expect, similar to the video.
https://orlandoparkstop.com/news/ru...ntendo-world-track-layout-scene-descriptions/
Yeah I need to add OPS to my RSS, it's not updated often (hence: missing these details when they were posted LAST MONTH) so I don't visit the site much but it's great. Actually had found the Youtube vid because I was searching Twitter for any updates/aerial pics on Super Nintendo World. Anyway, the number of scenes she's expecting is insane, that's packing a whole lot of stuff into one ride.

Disney increased prices for most of it's character meals today. Prices at Chef Mickey's, Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Cape May Cafe (breakfast), Bon Voyage breakfast (Boardwalk), Artist Point Storybook Dining, Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, Akershus (Norway Pavilion, Epcot), Hollywood and Vine, and Tusker House increased by $1 per adult and $3 to $4 per child depending on the restaurant.

Oh please lord no, if for no other reason than his horrible dialogue writing. I may have my gripes about things here and there in the new trilogy, but actual dialogue wise they are MILES better than the prequels.

If George had creative control over everything but the specific words being said that may work. :) I love I-III but some of that dialogue...

Disney increased prices for most of it's character meals today. Prices at Chef Mickey's, Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Cape May Cafe (breakfast), Bon Voyage breakfast (Boardwalk), Artist Point Storybook Dining, Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, Akershus (Norway Pavilion, Epcot), Hollywood and Vine, and Tusker House increased by $1 per adult and $3 to $4 per child depending on the restaurant.

Guess we are getting closer to the price ceiling on dining as well. A $1 increase? Sucks, but could have been worse. Child pricing is such a joke. There’s no way my kids get the value off of any set pricing meals at WDW.

I think it is all about making the dining plan seem like a better deal

Yep.

Instead of my reaction to our total at a character buffet (“this costs about the same as a night in one of our studios, we’re cutting it”) it’s “WOW! This would have cost $400 without the DDP!”

And yes, Chef Mickey’s for my party of 8 (5 adults, 3 kids) is about $400 before tip and discounts.

Wow something new in Disney IT, must be using some other vendor to host it then. Also not sure how this will help cast members on the phone unless the idea is that they show you your possible vacation if possible instead of just telling you the prices over the phone. Its a good way to make a phone call even longer which means longer wait times on the phone for everyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter