News Round Up 2020

Wondering if anyone has heard what the medical situation was at Fantasmic last night.

Stopped just before the Char Ship was to arrive.

Hope all are OK.

That’s pretty significant. Hopefully they can manage to fix their timeline issues now.

I don't think things will change much one way or the other. GE, Siemens, ABB, Alstom etc. ... all these multinationals operate the same way ... purchase, squeeze out 'synergies' and then toss what's left to another multinational or private equity co. If anything, the timelines may slip even more

Disney operating procedures just makes me angry lately. Josh from EasyWdw posted on Twitter today a comparison of hours from today and the same date in 2016.

MK in 2016 was open 8-1 and had 2 nighttime parades. Today it's 9-11. AK opened at 8 am and it didn't even have Pandora. DHS opened at 8 am and had 2 showings of Fantasmic.

It's sad and makes me mad at Disney.

But what do they care. People keep coming and paying so they may as well keep cutting.

Disney operating procedures just makes me angry lately. Josh from EasyWdw posted on Twitter today a comparison of hours from today and the same date in 2016.

MK in 2016 was open 8-1 and had 2 nighttime parades. Today it's 9-11. AK opened at 8 am and it didn't even have Pandora. DHS opened at 8 am and had 2 showings of Fantasmic.

It's sad and makes me mad at Disney.

But what do they care. People keep coming and paying so they may as well keep cutting.

I understand that perceived cuts can be frustrating but this singular data point that Josh has pulled is deceiving. I miss the nighttime parades and hope they bring one back, but operations has remained nearly consistent when viewed from a larger perspective. Josh is looking at this time in 2016 so I will use that same time. This week in 2016 had a total of 339.5 park hours. This week in 2020 has 336. Yes that is is a cut of 3.5 hours but it is over the course of a week and represents only 1% of operations. The hours have been shifted from very MK heavy to more even over all of the parks. They have also shifted from very weekend heavy to more even over all of the days. This is because the business and crowds have made a similar transition (through no small effort on Disney's part.)

Additionally Josh sites the loss of the nighttime parade (two showings) and one showing of Fantasmic. He however fails to point out the addition of River of Light (2 showing on that day) as well as the addition of the wonderful world animation nighttime show at HS.

Do I miss late nights in the park? sure. Do I miss the nighttime parades? Very much so! Is Disney operations slashing hours and entertainment offerings in a drastic way? Not really, they are just evolving how they deploy their resources in a manner that is more even across time and geography and that better matches the trend lines of actual park attendance. There are now more hours (and therefore more capacity) in the early to mid evening when the bulk of their guests are actually in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter