Next night free at HIFS ??

from Canada

Mouseketeer
Hi, after reading about the next night free yesterday (Tues), I printed out the coupon, and called HIFS directly to change my Jan 30 - Feb 14 ressie to reflect the 5 nights free. I was told that the offer didn't start 'til today (Wed) and to call back. I just called, and "Monique" told me that she didn't know about that, or that it wasn't available. She said she would talk to a manager and get back to me later today. So I decided to call the # on the coupon. The girl there couldnt even find a ressie under my name or confirmation #. I told her about HIFS not knowing about the coupon, she looked it up on her computer and said that her computer showed that the offer "wasnt available" for my dates ; she said it wasnt sold out, but "not available". The coupon says good 'til Feb 28, but that tha hotel could block out dated. Why would first 2 weeks of Feb be blocked out? I thought that wasnt a busy time? According to previous posts, some people have used the coupon for November already. I dont know what to do now. Im afraid that by the time it all gets sorted out, that there really wont be any rooms available for the coupon.
Any Suggestions?
Thanks!
Karen
:confused:

I tried to call 1-800-Holiday and they couldn't help me either. But, the internet site DOES work! Go to www.holiday-inn.com. On the right you will see a place to click on the free night promotion. If you select either Lake Buena Vista or Orlando, HIFS is the first property that will come up. You can only make one 2-night reservation at a time, so you will have do multiple reservations for one vacation, and will get multiple confirmation numbers. I scheduled a 10 night stay for the end of Jan. and had to type in 5 seperate reservations, so I have 5 conf. numbers. Good luck! (By the way, the rate is $125 a night through Feb. 10th I think, and then it goes to $169/night. But that would be for 2 nights. This averages out to $63/night for me plus tax...great rate!)

Ditto on using the web site. I was able to book my days in November this morning. Good luck

Thanks!! I just went to the website and made 5 2 day ressies...it took me forever, but Ive got the confirmation numbers, and coupon printed out. Should I cancel my original ressie yet, or wait until they let me know if they can just change it all at once on their computer system? I know I have until 6PM on night of checkin on night of arrival to cancel so that i wont be charged, but will they care that i now have 2 ressied in my mane for the same dates? I
Thanks again
PS....I wonder why this has to be so difficult? :confused:

from Canada,

I was told that I couldn't book my dates UNTIL November 15th! I think some of the phone reservationists are clueless!

I told them that I was able to find the dates available on the dates I wanted online, he put me on hold and then came back and took care of everything.

Remember to be armed with all your internet info if you choose to call. Sometimes if you are persistent, you can get whatever you want!

I also found that the reservation that I'd made directly with HIFS was not able to be seen by the Holiday Inn Reservation 1-800 number. I made a reservation for the last 4 nights of the trip through the 1-800 number on the coupon at the next day free rate. I then called HIFS back directly to confirm that they did in fact have my reservation. I let them know that I'd booked the last 4 days of my trip at the next day free rate and gave them the confirmation number. She adjusted my original reservation (subtracted 4 days) and linked the 2 reservations and assured me that I would not have to change rooms on Nov. 15. It appears that they also have to book separate reservations in 2 day increments just like we do on the internet in order to use this offer. The email that I received just has one confirmation number, but does list 2 different reservations of 2 days each. We'll be there Nov. 9-15 with 2 boys and have requested one of the space themed rooms. I'm hoping to get a close, pool-view room, but it's not worth $20 extra per day, so we'll see...

I called the HIFS directly at 1-877-387-5437 she had to put me on hold because she had not heard about that promotion yet to find out about it but after a few minutes verified HIFS was participating and changed my reservations we had in november to the BOGO without a problem.

Hi! This deal sounds great - if I could get it!!

I went to the site and HIFS isn't coming up as a hotel (??) So then I called the 800 number and they said HIFS isn't participating. I'm trying to book for Nov. 23 through Dec. 1. Any ideas what I should do?

Thanks!

kasey:

On the website the participating hotels vary according to date. I put in several dates and got different Holiday Inns each time.

I was just happy to see they were participating on the dates I wanted the most and booked them then. I would check different dates, call them back and tell them what you found on the site. Sometimes we have to tell them because they don't know. Be persistent and see if someone will give you the deal.

Let us know!

kasey, I tried your dates and the resort started showing up as of the 26th of November. I assume they are not participating because of the holiday.

If you book from 11/26 on you may have a chance. It may be worth it! Good luck!

Thanks Robin :) :)

Actually - I was getting frustrated so I called 1-800 Holiday; they told me I couldn't do that promotion for HIFS. Then I called the 877 number to the hotel direct and got what I wanted.

Yahoo - I am saving $317.00 total compared to what I had the resort booked for before!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!

Great news, kasey!! See what you get when you really want it?

Have a GREAT trip! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter