Nice weather to come home to

hockey mom

<font color=coral>Loves to do the Napkin Dance at
Pulled in the driveway a few hours ago. Had a great time. CBR resort was great, weather started out a bit overcast but still warm and got much better as the days went on, kids had a blast pin trading(I did not buy enough cheap pins though), the Saturday before Easter I expected to be a zoo was relatively quiet, Epcot on Easter Sunday was very quiet, but all ended there as the crowds got thicker as the days went on(still manageable though), driving through Penn., W. Virginia and Virginia took 22 hours and was beautiful scenery, and we ate like pigs. Just a short summary, any questions fire away.

Welcome home!! I was just wondering about your trip today. Now that your back, we'll have to get together again for another meet before everyone gets too busy with the summer.

Welcome home! It sounds like you had a really great time and the drive sounds so nice!:)

Welcome back. Where did you "eat like pigs"

We used alot of vouchers this trip which entitles you to dessert after every meal.
Rainforest cafe: I had steak and maine stuffed lobster and DH had primal steak(huge), the kids had their meals and then the sparkling volcano after. Very good.

Beaches n creme: We split burgers and salad and had 1 kitchen sink for dessert and still 6 of us could not finish it.

Chef mickeys for a character breakfast that was free because I bought my tickets through Paramount and a voucher came with each ticket. Just a note, I could not get a PS for any day or for any restaurant of our stay because everything was booked solid so we took a chance and went in anyways and had a table within 15 minutes.

Pepper market: here we used 4 vouchers for 6 of us and still had leftovers. We had steak, fahitas, chicken alferdo pasta and pizza.

In AK we bought the voucher deal they offer and that worked out great. The kids one is $5.99 and included a kids meal, pop or botlled water, and popcorn or ice cream later. Adults are $11.99 and DH and I got the ribs and chicken at flame tree barbeque and enjoyed both.

Welcome back hockey mom! Sounds like you had a great trip and ate well! ;)

I have never used vouchers and was wondering where you obtained them all from and could you only use them at certain places???

How was buying your tickets through Paramount? Costs, time involved?

TIY! :)

Hi Hockey mom! Welcome back! :) How was the pin trading? Did you have any problems trading TDS pins? I've got a bunch I bought on sales that I'm going to try and use as traders. Did you use the buses at CBR? How were they -- Did they run frequently or were they slow? TIA!

TimNDansMom: I bought them through the mail from people who had purchased to many and were looking to sell the rest. I took a leap of faith because I would mail away a money order and then wait for the vouchers to come. Never was I disappointed. The QnC vouchers are valid at almost all counter service places in the parks but the best place to use these are Pepper market and BeachesNCreme.

Bunnyfoo: pin trading was great. All we had were the cheap pins bought here also and the selection to trade for was excellent. One DD got the whole 7 dwarf series(except for grumpy), and the girl we brought and gave 6 pins to start her off ended up with the winnie the pooh and gang collection. The only problem is now she is hooked! I never used the buses from CBR, sorry can't help you out on that one.

TimNDansMom; sorry forgot to answer your paramount question. The 7 day hoppers were cheaper here even including the $35 shipping charge and I had the tickets within 2 days. Now I bought 6 so the shipping charge was justified because I still saved after it, but if you were only buying 1 or 2 passes it might not seem like a great savings. With the addition of the free character breakfast though it really boosts up the savings.

Welcome back, hockey mom! :)

It sounds like you had an awesome trip! Wow....6 of you couldn't finish a kitchen sink? Without the burger and salads, do you think you could've then? Those things are HUGE...lol. :)

Maybe without food prior we could have fininsed it, but it would have been close.

Welcome Home
Like Baboo, I was wondering today how you guys were doing.
I'm glad to hear you had a great trip. I've found some more Peterborough disers, so another meet is due as soon as your pictures are ready. Okay?
Oh are you going to do a trip report?
BTW- looks like you did bring the sun back with you.:sunny:

Pictures are already for another meet. Looking forward to meeting new Dis'ers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter