Nightmares

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
How often ? when last one ? anything to add ?

I have about one every month or two, had one two nights ago. The thing that has changed with them, is it was almost always a physical threat happening to me, now its all crsuing news you dont want to here. but I still wake up in a cold sweat

I honestly am not sure when the last time I had a nightmare.

I had some pretty odd/weird dreams a couple weeks ago. But nothing scary or nightmarish about them.

Rarely. Cant recall the last one I had but know the running off the cliff and never reaching the bottom dream has been reoccurring throughout my life.

Rarely. Cant recall the last one I had but know the running off the cliff and never reaching the bottom dream has been reoccurring throughout my life.

I heard the if you hit bottom before you wake you would die, but that sounds about as stupid as getting VD from a door knob

When I was in my teens I'd have recurring ones. Always involved water. Always something unseen that would grab me at the end and then I'd wake in a cold sweat. Had at least one a week for years.

Once I got out of high school they just stopped. Since then I could count nightmares I've had on one hand. 🤷‍♂️

When I was in my teens I'd have recurring ones. Always involved water. Always something unseen that would grab me at the end and then I'd wake in a cold sweat. Had at least one a week for years.

Once I got out of high school they just stopped. Since then I could count nightmares I've had on one hand. 🤷‍♂️

once a week, I cant imagine, can you swim ?

Ever since my accident in 2018 I have foot drop. The nerve that runs down to my big toe in my left foot and helps you lift your foot up doesn't work.

Anyway, now at least once/week I dream my foot works right and I can run and do all the things I could do before the accident. Then I wake up and I'm bummed out. So not a nightmare but still sad.

A few times a month about my deceased dad. They’re not really nightmares, but they still suck b/c he’s alive in the dreams but still sick & the recurring theme is that I didn’t know he was still alive & have wasted all this time that I could have been with him. Makes for a really crappy start of the day thinking about all that 😔. Had an actual nightmare last week that I had as pancreatic cancer. But it was very brief. I woke up immediately like my mind couldn’t deal with that.

Ever since my accident in 2018 I have foot drop. The nerve that runs down to my big toe in my left foot and helps you lift your foot up doesn't work.

Anyway, now at least once/week I dream my foot works right and I can run and do all the things I could do before the accident. Then I wake up and I'm bummed out. So not a nightmare but still sad.
That’s the kind my are but with a different theme that’s relevant to my life.

A few times a month about my deceased dad. They’re not really nightmares, but they still suck b/c he’s alive in the dreams but still sick & the recurring theme is that I didn’t know he was still alive & have wasted all this time that I could have been with him. Makes for a really crappy start of the day thinking about all that 😔. Had an actual nightmare last week that I had as pancreatic cancer. But it was very brief. I woke up immediately like my mind couldn’t deal with that.

I'm sending you virtual hugs. I used to have dreams about my dad after he passed. He was happy in them but it was always bittersweet when I woke up ;_;

I always got nightmares when I was pregnant. And it was always about something happening to my children. I think it was anxiety fueled.

I don't really have nightmares anymore. A couple occasionally.

I am convinced my grandmother reached out to me through a dream once though. It was shortly after she died. Before she passed, she told DH and I what she wanted to be buried in. When we were picking out what to put her in, I told my cousins. They overruled me and chose something else. I thought I had failed her by not ensuring her final wishes were honored.

Then I had my dream. My siblings and I were in her kitchen, visiting with her and chatting with her, buy I knew on my dream that she had passed. Then my eyes drifted off to her flowered drinking glasses she kept in her hutch and I was sadly remembering every holiday she would put them out for us and I just couldn't take my eyes off of them. Just listening to my siblings and her. Then, right before I woke up, I looked at her and she was looking at the glasses too, then she turned and smiled at me.

Guess what she set aside for me? Maybe it is foolish, but believing that she visited me in a dream really alleviated my guilt. Goodness, now I'm really missing her!

Im sorry, then are the hardest dreams, where something that you have you dont have anymore. Only to relize you were only dreaming. When I was getting Chemo Cocktails (5 different type of chemos) I had one dream, that didnt include cancer or chemo, I woke up and thought everything was normal, all the way to I looked in the mirror at my hairless head, then It all come back

So, I have been making online purchases for over a decade and never really had an issue. Last month, I purchased something for my son for our upcoming Disney trip. Their store says 5-7 business days for processing and 3-5 business days for the shipping method I chose. Even being very liberal with the definition of “business day,” (as in, I didn’t include NYE, NYD, MLK Day, etc.) it’s been well over 14 business days since I placed my order. I emailed and got no response. After 2 business days of no response, I filed an “item not received” claim with PayPal. That night, I had a dream that the store owner called me threatening to sue me for slander, put a lien on my house, harm my dogs, etc. which... is completely illogical since the item costs under $10 and I clearly already paid but, ya know, nightmares aren’t always logical.

I used to have nightmares about fire. More specifically house fires.. the smell of smoke, the heat and the horrible debilitating panic. Not sure when exactly they started, they were a reoccurring thing throughout my childhood & teens. They lessened when I got older and even less once I got married. But the panic caused by sirens at night was never too far away.

Several years ago, over Christmas holidays my worst fear became a sudden reality. I was at home with my 2 young daughters the day after Christmas- they were upstairs in their playroom enjoying new Christmas toys, I was in the living room reading the paper and enjoying the quiet after a busy few days. DH was at work. I could hear what I thought was the neighbours having a nasty fight complete with them throwing breakables at each other... all of a sudden a neighbour was banging at my door & yelling for us to get out - the other half of our semi detached home was on fire. The noise I heard wasn’t a fight - it was the leaded glass bookcases in their living room shattering in the heat of the fire. As I stood up to go to see what was happening - i could then smell the smoke and feel the heat. I started up the stairs calling for my dd’s to come to me & get out. Half way up the stairs my legs gave out (panic set in) I literally grabbed the girls by their arms & headed down the stairs & out onto the street. As we turned to look back, the large living room picture window next door blew out & black smoke billowed across the lawns.
Fire, police & EMS appeared out of nowhere - I didn’t even hear their sirens.

Interestingly... I have never had another fire/house fire nightmare. Not once since that day.

Occasionally I do. It seems like my most common ones involve my teeth falling out, or being in confined spaces. Sometimes I have a nightmare that I have fish and I have forgotten to feed them for a long time. :confused3

The worst are when I get sleep paralysis with hallucinations and see things in my room. One time it was a former coworker I'd had issues with, another time huge spiders, another time it was my dog right up in my face looking terrified and I couldn't move or speak to comfort him (my dog was actually asleep on the floor like 5 ft away).

The worst are when I get sleep paralysis with hallucinations and see things in my room. One time it was a former coworker I'd had issues with, another time huge spiders, another time it was my dog right up in my face looking terrified and I couldn't move or speak to comfort him (my dog was actually asleep on the floor like 5 ft away).

describe what sleep paralysis with hallucinations would be like ? sounds absolutely terrifying

I take a drug for PTSD. I accidentally skipped it recently and had the most amazing dreams and nightmares that night. I read that this is a common effect of abruptly stopping so I won't be skipping it again!

I'm sending you virtual hugs. I used to have dreams about my dad after he passed. He was happy in them but it was always bittersweet when I woke up ;_;
Thank you. That’s what’s bad, even though he has cancer in the dreams, he’s not suffering so it’s sad when I wake up that it wasn’t real. 😔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter