No 4th of July characters this year?

atlfan4

Mouseketeer
Based on twitter and instagram comments, it appears that neither the Dream or the Fantasy had the characters in special costumes for the 4th of July this year. As people return from these cruises, can anyone confirm this? What about the Magic and Wonder?

I was on the Wonder in Alaska and we didn’t have special 4th of July costumes either. Our characters were in their Alaska costumes. Those outfits are still special and cute but I was bummed because I had seen pictures from people’s cruises last year with the 4th costumes. They did decorate the atrium with the bunting, and we had a 4th of July dance party.

Based on twitter and instagram comments, it appears that neither the Dream or the Fantasy had the characters in special costumes for the 4th of July this year. As people return from these cruises, can anyone confirm this? What about the Magic and Wonder?

That seems odd. I would have been disappointed as well. Those red/white/blue costumes are pretty cute! And we only see them once a year as a rule. :sad2:

The Magic had Pirate night on the 4th, so I think I remember seeing characters in Pirate outfits in the evening. I don't know about during the day though since I was off the ship in Florence. There was red, white, and blue bunting up in the atrium. Deck 9 was decorated for the Pirate night celebration.

Wow, sounds like it was a fleet-wide change this year to have no special 4th of July costumes. I'm guessing that also means they've discontinued the "Flag Waving American" song and dance number they've done each year for a very long time.

That's pretty disappointing and surprising. Doesn't seem like it would actually be a cost cutting since the costumes already existed, so why?

I have never sailed over 4th of July so I had no idea they even did special costumes.

The Disney characters have all sorts of costumes to change their looks to coincide with what is going on! :cutie: On the DCL Hawaii cruises, there were muu-muu for Daisy and Minnie and Aloha shirts for the guys. At Christmas and Halloween, they have outfits that go with the holiday. For formal events, Mickey wears tails, and Minnie a lovely long evening gown, etc., etc. It's awesome! pixiedust:

We did have fireworks twice on the Fantasy, one for the 4th and once for pirate night, which was pretty cool. There was no flag waving song that I saw, and I was at the entire show before the fireworks. Wasn’t much of a show, just characters dancing around in normal costume with American themed songs playing.

Wow, sounds like it was a fleet-wide change this year to have no special 4th of July costumes. I'm guessing that also means they've discontinued the "Flag Waving American" song and dance number they've done each year for a very long time.

That's pretty disappointing and surprising. Doesn't seem like it would actually be a cost cutting since the costumes already existed, so why?
Probably a PC thing as many nations on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter