No ADRs on Boardwalk?

Chrislovesdisney

DIS Veteran
Our plans got completely changed after the 180 day mark for ADRs (long, irrelevant story) - anyways, we are staying at BWV in a studio, will already be eating one night at Ale & Compass. There’s one other dinner I need to account for, after an afternoon at the pool. There’s really no other quick, informal places that have reservation times that meet our needs. I was thinking about just “winging it” and seeing if that brew place has a table available, or if not, just grabbing food from the snack cart or pizza window and then capping it off with ice cream. I kind of like the idea of not having to keep an eye on the time while at the pool and rushing everyone along. But, it will be August. Will I resent not having a sit down meal with the heat? Are my ideas doable? It’s me, dh, dd3 and dd6. Tia!

We had great sandwiches/ salads at Boardwalk Bakery last August on a whim after a pool day so I say go for it.

The pizza window gets good reviews since it’s last recipe update.

If you want somewhere you can sit down, The Fountain at the Dolphin is cute and no ADR needed.

ESPN is an option, I don’t think they take reservations. The Fountain, at the Dolphin (quick walk) features burgers and sundaes - I’m not sure if they take reservations. If you have park hopper tickets, it’s an easy walk into Epcot World Showcase. Disney Springs is another option.

Another vote for The Fountain. It's a nice escape from the heat and has quite a few food options in addition to all the sundaes and shakes. It checks off all your needs and I think the food is better than ESPN or the brewpub. There's also Phins (lobby lounge in the Dolphin). They have an interesting small bites menu, but it is expensive ($15 for lettuce wraps and $18 for chicken wings, for example). There's also Picabu in the Dolphin, which is one of the only 24-hour places in WDW.

I second the mouse dining suggestion! We booked a trip for this past Thanksgiving week after the 180 mark and were able to get a reservation at BOG by setting up the alerts through Mouse Dining. I did find that the notifications were not immediate, so once I logged in to grab a reservation a couple times it was already gone. I don't think we would have been able to get a BOG reservation otherwise though.

Those sandwiches at Boardwalk Bakery truly do look yummy. If it's hot and sticky during your August trip I'd just bring them up to the room and eat.
Another option is the Private Dining menu which now allows takeout from FF. Here is the most recent version that I'm aware of:

https://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/dining/menus/boardwalk-room-service-menu/

Of course you are also close to the various offerings at Swandolphin.

The Private Dining menu that you referred to, is that takeout or room service? I know you did specify "takeout" but when I looked at the menu it reminded me of room service. Also, what is FF?
Thanks, we'll be staying at the Boardwalk next month and I might be interested in this.

If it’s not a big game night, ESPN is not too difficult to get into. I think you can call the brewery directly for reservations.

Two summers ago, we we were staying at the boardwalk with family and my favorite evening was grabbing food from the snack shack on the boardwalk (burgers, hot dogs, etc) and having dinner by the pool.

The Private Dining menu that you referred to, is that takeout or room service? I know you did specify "takeout" but when I looked at the menu it reminded me of room service. Also, what is FF?
Thanks, we'll be staying at the Boardwalk next month and I might be interested in this.
With Boardwalk Bakery, you have a choice of eating at the seats outside the venue, taking your food up to your room or ordering desserts from private dining AKA room service. The Private Dining menu is a different way of saying Room Service peculiar to WDW, LOL.

FF= Flying Fish, and the complete menu is available to be delivered to your room. Last December, we ordered a salad, entree, and dessert from Flying Fish via room service. They split the dishes for us into 2 plates per course (except dessert) so we each had some.

I've never found the hassle of getting into B&C worth it condidering they serve grocery store ice cream (Edy's).
That being said many children don't care if enough sweety stuff is poured on top;). I took one bite of DGD's Kitchen Sink and shuddered since my sugar needs have changed with age. She, on the other hand had issues sharing w/ her Ompaah towards the end, LOL.

OP the pizza at the window was quite good when I had it in February!

We even went a second time during our stay.

I've never found the hassle of getting into B&C worth it condidering they serve grocery store ice cream (Edy's).

Agreed. Aka Dreyers brand if you’re used to brand names on the west coast. And it’s junk ice cream. Nothing premium about it.

That being said many children don't care if enough sweety stuff is poured on top

Of course not. But to those paying for it, it can make a difference.

ESPN is an option, I don’t think they take reservations. The Fountain, at the Dolphin (quick walk) features burgers and sundaes - I’m not sure if they take reservations. If you have park hopper tickets, it’s an easy walk into Epcot World Showcase. Disney Springs is another option.

Thanks! ESPN does take reservations for weekdays (not weekends). Maybe the fountain! We don’t have park hopper tix for this trip :(

Thanks for all the replies! I’ll keep checking to see if ESPN has an earlier reservation or possibly try the fountain day-of. Or perhaps the snack cart. Im just relieved that everyone thinks my idea is doable! This may turn out to be my favorite night - how often does a trip allow for spontaneity?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter