No availability for a very short stay!

matthew_hull

The Once and Future Disney Fan
My wife and I are swinging by WDW and plan to stay at a nice Disney-property resort (Deluxe or Moderate) for a mere two days, a Friday and Saturday in early December of this year. The trouble is that the WDW website won't sell us a room, or at least not a room that isn't one of the rooms with an inferior view. No availability. A Savanah view room at AKL would be preferred, but alas, not offered.

My question is: is there a better way to book a very short stay at a Deluxe hotel besides the WDW website?

Have you cleared any promotional discounts when you search online (i.e., just select "Room" instead of the special offer)? Often special offers are only available for longer stays or limited room categories. When I have called, they have only ever quoted to me what was available online.

I had selected Room-only, thanks. I just called by telephone, and you are right, they pretty much just had the same data as the website. Their user-interface is presumably better and broader. Their info may be more up-to-the-second than the website. She offered me some DVC rentals, but they were too pricey for me. In the end, I settled for what I had "settled for" from the website experience -- a water view room at Coronado Springs. Price was a factor. She did find a room at AKL with an ordinary Savannah view, but it was a bit over $700 per night. I just can't pull the trigger on that. The CSR room was $286 per night, including all taxes and fees.

I had selected Room-only, thanks. I just called by telephone, and you are right, they pretty much just had the same data as the website. Their user-interface is presumably better and broader. Their info may be more up-to-the-second than the website. She offered me some DVC rentals, but they were too pricey for me. In the end, I settled for what I had "settled for" from the website experience -- a water view room at Coronado Springs. Price was a factor. She did find a room at AKL with an ordinary Savannah view, but it was a bit over $700 per night. I just can't pull the trigger on that. The CSR room was $286 per night, including all taxes and fees.
Keep checking back online. Inventory is always shifting. Especially as it gets closer to your dates there will be cancellations.

My wife and I are swinging by WDW and plan to stay at a nice Disney-property resort (Deluxe or Moderate) for a mere two days, a Friday and Saturday in early December of this year. The trouble is that the WDW website won't sell us a room, or at least not a room that isn't one of the rooms with an inferior view. No availability. A Savanah view room at AKL would be preferred, but alas, not offered.

My question is: is there a better way to book a very short stay at a Deluxe hotel besides the WDW website?

I would say just book something you can tolerate and then keep trying for the room you want right up until you go. For my next trip July 31, I just changed from WLCL to BWICL last week because it only just became available after months of looking. In the past, I've been able to get a room I want only a day or two before going.

I would also suggest you check frequently. My DH and I stayed at BRV in April for two nights and he loved it so much he suggested a stay in the fall. We are DVC, but BRV is not our home resort. I couldn’t find anything, but kept looking. One day at work I checked and got lucky, but waited too long to book and someone else snapped it up. :rolleyes: I learned my lesson (and I know better!) and fortunately was able to find something for the dates we wanted.

The same thing happened with our one-night stay at CR. I wanted TPV, it wasn’t available and I just kept checking. Rooms do open up. Don’t give up!

FYI for reference this is the rack rate pricing for AKL hotel rooms, savannah view for November and December 2018, per the WDW website:

upload_2018-7-16_1-24-25.png

what nights are you wanting ?

Dec 7-9 right now have savannah view with bunk bed available at AKL; also pool view with bunk bed. room only rack rate. and for the enchanted room only offer theere is pool view with bunk bed.

keep checking the website each day -- rooms go in and out of availability as people change plans.

SW

Wow, no discounts available? I know Early Dec is very Popular. We went last Dec, early. All the Christmas decorations are out.

Wow, no discounts available? I know Early Dec is very Popular. We went last Dec, early. All the Christmas decorations are out.

when i checked lasst night for thee first fri/sat theere was the pool with bunk bed available with the enchanted room offer discount, but nothing else at AKL. other resorts still had avilability with that discount though.

SW

Check some of the discount sites too-Orbitz, Undercover Tourist, etc. sometimes they have different inventory that’s not released on WDW site.

^^^^ This.

Last year we had 4 nights booked at AKL. About a month before our trip, DH decided he wanted to stay 2 more nights. Nothing was available at AKL or any of the other Deluxe hotels through the Disney website, but we were able to get 2 nights at the Contemporary thru Orbitz.

Try a travel agent. If you are looking for AKL and want a Savanah view try asking for a pool view. Very often you will get a partial Savanah view. Other than value rooms there you really can't go wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!