Official Avengers 2017

So this will be my first race at Disneyland. Does anyone have tips on Good Neighbor hotels that would be closest to the start and finish?

First Disneyland runs of any type for DW and myself. It will be a nice change is scenery from the few WDW runs the past couple of years.

I'll be amongst the run-walkers for both Challenge runs.

So this will be my first race at Disneyland. Does anyone have tips on Good Neighbor hotels that would be closest to the start and finish?

I find the ones on Katella, opposite the Paradise Pier parking lot to be the easiest to stay at if you are looking for easy access to the expo, start and finish.

The ones on Harbor are great hotels; but, you will have to pass through security (at least post race, if not before) to get to/from your room. And nothing is greater and more magical than standing in line sweaty and cramping up waiting to have the eighteen people in front of you have their bags checked.

Kellsie's Hope just got another charity runner - I signed up today to run Infinity Gauntlet.

It's only $800 to raise and gives me a feeling of purpose. Not too shabby! :) Will be donating $360 at the end of the month for my "race entry" equivalent... that'll help for sure!

I find the ones on Katella, opposite the Paradise Pier parking lot to be the easiest to stay at if you are looking for easy access to the expo, start and finish.

The ones on Harbor are great hotels; but, you will have to pass through security (at least post race, if not before) to get to/from your room. And nothing is greater and more magical than standing in line sweaty and cramping up waiting to have the eighteen people in front of you have their bags checked.
Thanks! It looks like the Best Western Stovall is already full! The Anabella Hotel was more than $300 per night and the Eden Roc Inn was more than $200. So I looked at the ones on Harbor and ended up booking at the Best Western Anaheim Inn for now. I'll continue to keep an eye out in case things change or I can get a better option.

So you have to go through security on your way out after the race? I thought security would only be to get into the Disney Land complex.

Thanks! It looks like the Best Western Stovall is already full! The Anabella Hotel was more than $300 per night and the Eden Roc Inn was more than $200. So I looked at the ones on Harbor and ended up booking at the Best Western Anaheim Inn for now. I'll continue to keep an eye out in case things change or I can get a better option.

So you have to go through security on your way out after the race? I thought security would only be to get into the Disney Land complex.

As of Avengers 2016, security was still only flanking the walkway/courtyard/esplanade between Disneyland and California Adventure. I know there has been something about extending the secure zone to include more of DTD, but I am not sure that has been implemented yet. I mean technically you could walk around the perimeter of DL or DCA to avoid going through the security check; but, for me at least, going the extra distance after a race isn't worth it.

I see what you're saying. For some reason, I thought the race would end inside the security perimeter. Thanks for clearing that up!

As of Avengers 2016, security was still only flanking the walkway/courtyard/esplanade between Disneyland and California Adventure. I know there has been something about extending the secure zone to include more of DTD, but I am not sure that has been implemented yet. I mean technically you could walk around the perimeter of DL or DCA to avoid going through the security check; but, for me at least, going the extra distance after a race isn't worth it.

For Star Wars security had been pushed out to include all of Downtown Disney. After the half they had a line open for runners that had finished at the security checkpoint between Rainforest Cafe and ESPN Zone so that was kind of nice to not have to wait.

For Star Wars security had been pushed out to include all of Downtown Disney. After the half they had a line open for runners that had finished at the security checkpoint between Rainforest Cafe and ESPN Zone so that was kind of nice to not have to wait.

Glad to see that they are working to make it work for everyone.

Bit the bullet and signed up for Avengers weekend. Decided to go for the Infinity Gauntlet Challenge this year, since I did the half last year and felt like I was missing out by not running both races. My best friend might be joining me again, but this year my parents are making the trip for their first time in Disneyland! I'm really excited to get to share the parks with them and see them at the finish line as they've never been there for any of my Disney races.

One thing to consider when doing a Disneyland race and staying off property. Although the Katella Ave hotels are much closer to the start/finish lines for the race, this also makes them substantially further away from the park entrances. We're talking 20-30 minute walks. Conversely, some of the Harbor Hotels are 5 minutes a way from the park entrances. While this makes for a longer walk to and from the race, you may enjoy it a lot more if you're going to the parks after the race.

And for the Star Wars Half this year, they did have a dedicated line for runners to go through security quickly.

Fundraising goal met, but now waiting for Kellsie's Hope to send me the ACTIVE link to sign up. :(

I signed up for the 5K already -- so it'll be a 22.4 mile weekend and a practice weekend for Dopey!

One thing to consider when doing a Disneyland race and staying off property. Although the Katella Ave hotels are much closer to the start/finish lines for the race, this also makes them substantially further away from the park entrances. We're talking 20-30 minute walks. Conversely, some of the Harbor Hotels are 5 minutes a way from the park entrances. While this makes for a longer walk to and from the race, you may enjoy it a lot more if you're going to the parks after the race.

And for the Star Wars Half this year, they did have a dedicated line for runners to go through security quickly.

Thanks, that's helpful to know!

well might end up doing the 5k afterall...my cousin told me he might be interested in going for his very first 5k ever...

They can't redesign the Infinity Gauntlet, they still have 4 more Infinity Gems to go. After that, they'll have to think of something different.

But aren't the 2015 and 2016 medals exactly the same except for the text? I find it hard to believe they would keep the medal the same for another 4 years. I think the Star Wars Light and Dark challenge medals have already changed?

But aren't the 2015 and 2016 medals exactly the same except for the text? I find it hard to believe they would keep the medal the same for another 4 years. I think the Star Wars Light and Dark challenge medals have already changed?

(There are spoilers in this link if you are following the Marvel movies and don't want to know what might happen in future ones)
The Infinity Gauntlet is an artifact from the Marvel universe that contains 6 soul gems. The race medal is the gauntlet and the main stone on one side has so far been the Space(purple) and Mind(Blue) gems. They still have 4 gems to go so I don't see them changing the medal when the object it represents is the name of the Challenge and so far it's an incomplete set. I suppose they could, but DH is going to be really angry if he doesn't get his full set of gems. :)

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Infinity_Gauntlet_(Item)

gauntlets.jpg

(There are spoilers in this link if you are following the Marvel movies and don't want to know what might happen in future ones)
The Infinity Gauntlet is an artifact from the Marvel universe that contains 6 soul gems. The race medal is the gauntlet and the main stone on one side has so far been the Space(purple) and Mind(Blue) gems. They still have 4 gems to go so I don't see them changing the medal when the object it represents is the name of the Challenge and so far it's an incomplete set. I suppose they could, but DH is going to be really angry if he doesn't get his full set of gems. :)

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Infinity_Gauntlet_(Item)

View attachment 221358
Oh wow. I didn't know they had another stone on the back. Makes total sense then. Thanks for the info.

I thought the runDisney site listed a pasta party for 2017. Regardless, there isn't one listed there now. It's a shame. The very first one was one of the best Disney events I've attended. Last year's... not so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter