No doubt travel will take a hit from Europe and Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stock markets do not react to viruses....
What people may react to (and thereby trading) is the mass hysteria that the media and by extension, social media, promulgates. Does anyone remember the swine flu in 2009? People catch viruses all day every single day. I think it is early days to say "this is far worse." People may cancel trips, but I do not think it will be some mass exodus from Disney Parks in the U.S. versus the epicenter.
Well. Look at the stock prices of the major hotel chains. Shanghai Disney closed for the foreseeable future. Airline stocks down. Would I buy them.... Yes but not right now. Let's see if Disney Florida reopens free Dinning again.

Too soon to panic. Influenza kills 10's of thousands yearly and is already here for this year.

there are alot more things more worrying to Europeans about America in general, things which are against Dis Board rules, so I cant say that much, but the planes from Europe are still full arriving into Orlando and LAX and New York etc etc.

Chicken Little, The Sky Is Falling Down, the internationals will stop coming here.... oh please...

I was in New York, on Manhattan Island on September 11, I returned 6 weeks later in November 2001 and brought my mum and my aunt in 2006.

Disney Cruise Line European Cruises for summer 2020 are selling out fast, I guess the terror attacks in Paris and London and other European cities are not stopping Americans going on cruises.

there are alot more things more worrying to Europeans about America in general, things which are against Dis Board rules, so I cant say that much, but the planes from Europe are still full arriving into Orlando and LAX and New York etc etc.

Chicken Little, The Sky Is Falling Down, the internationals will stop coming here.... oh please...

I was in New York, on Manhattan Island on September 11, I returned 6 weeks later in November 2001 and brought my mum and my aunt in 2006.

Disney Cruise Line European Cruises for summer 2020 are selling out fast, I guess the terror attacks in Paris and London and other European cities are not stopping Americans going on cruises.
I disagree. Bookings are down from the USA to China. The state department has urged caution . If the flight isn't necessary ...think twice. Shanghai Disney is closed indefinitely. Today wall Street took almost a 2% hit. Travel stocks down.

I disagree. Bookings are down from the USA to China. The state department has urged caution . If the flight isn't necessary ...think twice. Shanghai Disney is closed indefinitely. Today wall Street took almost a 2% hit. Travel stocks down.

and now you are making no sense. America to China travel has no relation to Europe to American travel. Europeans will not stop travelling to America due to whats happening in China.

How can you possibly claim with any credibility bookings are down from the US to China? This current virus is only a few weeks old. And wouldn't it be logical for people to change their trips from Asia to the US, instead?

Just because Disneyland in China is closed, when there is a major medical issue in their country, does not mean that Walt Disney World and Disneyland California will close. The major medical issue is in CHINA, not in Orlando or California.

and now you are making no sense. America to China travel has no relation to Europe to American travel. Europeans will not stop travelling to America due to whats happening in China.
Wait and see. As this virus spread s it will spread world wide. Disney relies on the European travel to it's Florida resort. I believe
It will have an effect on travel.

In case you haven't looked at a map lately, Florida is not anywhere near China.
You missed the point. With markets in a disarray people have less disposable income. People will travel less. Disney relies on people traveling to it's resorts.

You missed the point. With markets in a disarray people have less disposable income. People will travel less. Disney relies on people traveling to it's resorts.
LOL The markets are not in "a disarray" and disposable income doesn't disappear after one day of down markets.

LOL The markets are not in "a disarray" and disposable income doesn't disappear after one day of down markets.
Look at the Asian markets and tell me what they did overnight. In a week's time this virus could double and help send this market into correction. Let's hope not

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!