No more “real” glasses and mugs?

I don't see housekeeping collecting studio kitchenware and sending it out to be cleaned. I also have never seen them run the dishwasher in the larger units. I would bet that they wash or rinse them and put them away as fast as possible. That is why we always wash and kitchenware that we intend to use when we first move in.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm drawing on my memory from the last time but I'm fairly certain there was something like that given as the reason why DVC had to remove the mugs and cups the first time. But then they said they had added the equipment to properly sterilize. (I actually don't really believe that they didn't have it all the time). I'll have to pay closer attention to the housekeeping if they are there when we are in the room but lots of things are taken by them that aren't really apparent. Those carts can hold a lot.

I just don't see them using sanitizing machines somewhere, they want to finish ASAP and on to their other rooms. I expect that they also don't wait for the dish washer to cycle, we always run ours early AM the day of check out. They don't want back and forth, they don't want to take trash out everyday. The daily room inspection has caused many housekeepers to quit and Disney is holding housekeeping only job fairs with signing bonuses. They are also offering bonuses to college program people who switch to housekeeping. They service up to 10 to 12 rooms per day so that is why the rooms are not always cleaned properly.

I just don't see them using sanitizing machines somewhere, they want to finish ASAP and on to their other rooms. I expect that they also don't wait for the dish washer to cycle, we always run ours early AM the day of check out. They don't want back and forth, they don't want to take trash out everyday. The daily room inspection has caused many housekeepers to quit and Disney is holding housekeeping only job fairs with signing bonuses. They are also offering bonuses to college program people who switch to housekeeping. They service up to 10 to 12 rooms per day so that is why the rooms are not always cleaned properly.

So, it's up to how much or how little work the housekeepers feel they want to do? Wouldn't that be nice for everyone.

I think there's a set level of amenities that are expected and supposed to be provided.

So, it's up to how much or how little work the housekeepers feel they want to do? Wouldn't that be nice for everyone.

I think there's a set level of amenities that are expected and supposed to be provided.

But we are dealing with humans and most want to get paid and go home. If they can get away with short cuts to make their day easier, most will take them. Could also be poor training or they just don't think. We had a large water puddle in our Jambo club studio by the kitchenette sink. Called maintenance to check it out. Turned out to be a frozen mini fridge that had defrosted and puddled the floor. The CM used the bath towels to wipe the floor then used the same towel to wipe the inside of the fridge. I mentioned the sanitary issue and he suggested that we call housekeeping for clean towels and to have then clean the fridge.

We got 6 for hot, plus 4 for cold.

Since I already pack larger mugs, the problem was making mixed drinks. Those little paper cups were just too small for us. And our mugs were dirty. So, every time we wanted to switch what we were drinking, we had to wash our mugs. Which, overall is okay, but in the moment, I just want a cold drink.
Must get a yeti or rtic for your mixed drinks! Can't leave home without it!! LOL

You could always ask for wine glasses if you are in a studio. We have asked, and have gotten them.

So, 10 years ago was the last time they took away mugs and glasses from studios. I think I wrote them regular mail and e-mails complaining.

The one time we asked for wine glasses in a studio at BLT, after an 1 ½ hours they brought us the very old heavy small wine glasses that were dusty and dirty. I haven't seen that type of wine glass since 1980. The lip of wine glass was thicker than a regular glass in the cabinet of our studio.

I noticed when we have stayed in a 1 or 2 BR the wine glasses are larger (not big) and have thinner glass. They were quite acceptable to drink wine away from home.

Does the list inside the cabinet door of the Kitchenette at SSR list the items that should be provided? And does it shows mugs and glasses and dish soap? If so they should provide them.

I would write to member satisfaction even if the list doesn't show those items. All DVC villas should provide that basic service. And they should replace the items that need to be sterilized with clean mugs and glasses. That is one of the things we pay for in our dues.

I wonder if the housekeepers are saying they don't have time to clean or replace the mugs from a central washing location now that every room has to be checked daily...just a thought.

Cleaning timeshare rooms is brutal work. That’s a lot of rooms, too. My aunt used to clean in a timeshare and she was wrecked at the end of each day. Fwiw.

Should be sleeping for the 10k, but I’m lazing in my GF studio which has glasses and mugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!