No more bags

Just got back from WDW last night. Made many purchases and got the (usual) bag with each one.
Only World of Disney first asked if I wanted to buy a $1.00 Nicely decorated shopping bag. (It was quite nice but I said no only because DH was with me and he thinks I'm a tote bag hoarder. Closer to true than not).
I like the design on the WoD totes better than the 99c Disney Store reusable bags, because they at least don't scream "we're cutting costs and making money, so all we put on them is just this cheap, lousy overused silhouette of Mickey Mouse on one side and the logo on the other so then you can still advertise us in the mall, yet we made these for just 10c so we're adding on 85c and charging you almost a dollar for them so we can make profit and make us think we're going green!", and actually look cute with the retro-styled classic characters on them, plus they're not made out of that cheap and nasty non-woven #5 PP material that sheds microplastic when wet and disposed of, and actually looks more durable too. I may buy a few, but they'll just be used back home for the supermarket to replace my cheap and nasty bag I currently use.

Right. So you are in a mall, meaning you are already out shopping. If you have reusable bags at home and you are going out for the purpose of shopping, bring some with you. You can fold them inside of one another so in essence you are carrying one bag. Then you have enough bags with you if you happen to make an extra stop at a store.

I've solved everyone's problems. :)

And if they are still giving bags out as reported, then who cares? I'll use my reusable bags and you won't. Life goes on! (for a little while anyways... ;) )
Really? My bags fold down to about an 8 by 8 inch, relatively flat square. Nothing else fits in that bag, and it snaps together. I can stack them, or put them into another bag. But the other bag would have to be open. And my bags are the one that I bought at the grocery store, so it is that size.

Not at all convenient. Not at all small.

The problem seems to be that some believe that everyone has the same bags as everyone else. The same in size, construction and material. And that just isn't the case.

Really? My bags fold down to about an 8 by 8 inch, relatively flat square. Nothing else fits in that bag, and it snaps together. I can stack them, or put them into another bag. But the other bag would have to be open. And my bags are the one that I bought at the grocery store, so it is that size.

The problem seems to be that some believe that everyone has the same bags as everyone else. The same in size, construction and material. And that just isn't the case.
I certainly can't bring the Disney Store reusable bags back to a Disney Store. I tried folding one into my pocket and it's just too bulky, and the largest one is worse, so it's definitely not practical, and I'd have to keep buying them if I make a spontaneous visit and buy something, because I absolutely refuse to carry out my purchases without the means to protect them while I go to other stores. This definitely wasn't thought out well, and whoever decided it was a good idea should be fired. 'Going green' seriously needs to be reversed before in-store sales tank further.

Some people...hmmm....who could you mean?

My bags roll up, ball up, scrunch up, smoosh, and fit into a bigger bag. I also bought mine at grocery stores. I don't think I've seen bags with rigid sides sold in any of the grocery stores near me. But I'm sure it happens.

I get people don't want to be forced to buy bags, understandable argument. But the drama over the act of carrying a reusable bag (fold-able or not) is a little much. Whatever, nothing to get bent out of shape over! :p

First time trying to post a picture.

If it works, these are what my bags look like. But they say "Publix," on the side, and they are Publix green. They fold into about half of the bottom of the bag.

EW220_CUSTOM-2T.jpg

Yes, those are definitely stiffer than my bags! But, if you wanted, you can fold them to fit into one bag and carry it over your shoulder for when you know you may be doing a bigger shopping trip.

When I go shopping at non-grocery stores, I use maybe the polka dot bag and put another bag inside it. The bag is cute and I use it as my "purse" while shopping. :)

Now I feel I should do a comparison shot sometime, between the largest of the Disney reusables and the largest Disney Store plastic bags I ended up with from my past 2 NYC trips, as well as the one I ended up with when I bought a doll set in London last year, which is even bigger - the Disney Stores in Europe still have those super jumbo-sized bags, which are usually used for protecting large or wide figure sets that won't easily fit their normal jumbo bags - to prove a point about capacity.

lol going " green "

I'm not carrying around reusable bags with me everywhere I go, just incase I decide to go shopping

If you're not going to give me a bag to carry all the stuff I was going to buy from you, then I won't buy from you.. Simple as that

If there are people who love to carry around reusable bags, then heres to you, but don't force it upon me

So i had to jump in here! I went to the Disney Store yesterday - i typically order online. I purchased $300 in PJs and sneakers and princess dresses - and walked out of the store carrying it all in my hands as they wouldnt give me a bag! I had to buy one, on top of the $300 I spent. I wholeheartedly agree with “green”! Dont use plastic - but this is NOT my local discount store where i have to bring my own boxes / bags. I am paying premium prices and expect better customer service from Disney. You should have seen the looks i received walking through Macys and Boscovs and the mall carrying kids clothers on hangers.

So i had to jump in here! I went to the Disney Store yesterday - i typically order online. I purchased $300 in PJs and sneakers and princess dresses - and walked out of the store carrying it all in my hands as they wouldnt give me a bag! I had to buy one, on top of the $300 I spent. I wholeheartedly agree with “green”! Dont use plastic - but this is NOT my local discount store where i have to bring my own boxes / bags. I am paying premium prices and expect better customer service from Disney. You should have seen the looks i received walking through Macys and Boscovs and the mall carrying kids clothers on hangers.
If you feel strongly about it, you should have declined the purchases.

I’ve always said that a fairer compromise would be to just simply charge a small fee (perhaps 5 or 10c) for plastic bags and then they’d please both sides who advocate such ‘green’ moves, but won’t cause as much inconvenience as what Disney Store North America have already done. It’s living proof that you can ‘go green’ and still have the convenience of a plastic bag if need be. Why aren’t they learning from us Europeans? Our Disney Stores still have bags, but even with the fee, it’s still worked wonders, since people have a wider democracy of choice.
If you feel strongly about it, you should have declined the purchases.
So if the CMs in the Stores still aren’t taking heed the amount of criticism they’re getting over ‘going green’, then I don’t know how much it’s going to take until they finally backpedal. I see complaints on their FB page becoming just as common as complaints over deliveries, and I don’t know how many have already jammed Guest Services with such complaints. I hope in the New Year, they come up with a better suggestion like mine: a small fee for plastic bags, and yet they’d still achieve what they’re trying to achieve, but won’t cause as much hassle. If it’s good enough for Disney Store Europe, it will be good enough for Disney Store NA.

I stopped in at thew Disney store to make a purchase for christmas. Was about $250. Then they tried to sell me a bag. I told them to shove it all up their *** and left. Purchased my stuff online with free shipping at home. I will not go back into the store again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!