No more Bloody Mary bar at California Grill Brunch

That stinks. It's my husband's favorite part of the meal, and we make sure to book it each trip. It's still on their website, but I know that isn't always up to date: Libations include a Bloody Mary bar, cocktails, craft brews and an extensive list of the finest wines from around the world.

I hope they change it back.

Yes, I had posted about this in an earlier thread. The first day of the change was Sunday, January 12th. I also hope they bring it back.

Wasn’t it always an additional charge anyway? Seems odd to eliminate unless it just wasn’t popular? I’m not a Bloody Mary fan but sympathize with those who are. Really wish they’d offer brunch Sat and Sun.

Wasn’t it always an additional charge anyway? Seems odd to eliminate unless it just wasn’t popular? I’m not a Bloody Mary fan but sympathize with those who are. Really wish they’d offer brunch Sat and Sun.

Yes, it was additional. There was always a small line for it the 4 times we did brunch prior to it being removed, so it seemed popular to me. I wondered if it was a spacing issue, as it did take up room,plus people standing around waiting, but they could still offer the same idea just not made in front of you, and just have a card you fill out with your specific requests, or at the very minimum at least still offer a standard Bloody Mary on the cocktail menu!

We finally secured an ADR in March and the Bloody Mary bar was something I was looking forward to, I hope it comes back before March.

We always do Deluxe Dining and it was included with it.

Eek! It's literally the one thing my DH was MOST looking forward to about this brunch! I hope it comes back before March 15th!

Otherwise, can y'all point me in the direction of the best Bloody Marys on property?? I'm going to have to make up for this somehow! :P

This seems odd to me, the markup on cocktails is enormous. Maybe people just weren't buying them in the volume required to make it worthwhile financially.

This seems odd to me, the markup on cocktails is enormous. Maybe people just weren't buying them in the volume required to make it worthwhile financially.
For what it’s worth, I’ve done the brunch 5 times and I never noticed a large number of people partaking in the bar. I would imagine they probably wasted a lot of the food items they prepared for the Bloody Mary bar as they are probably required to replenish them every so often, even if people aren’t partaking. The markup on the alcohol probably covered that, but something in the numbers probably didn’t work or it’s hard to believe Disney would have gotten rid of something that was making them money. It could also be they started losing money on it when the dining plan started including an alcoholic beverage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter