No more international D23 memberships...

mickeyd78

Mouseketeer
Just received the following email from D23:

Effective August 15, 2018, D23 will no longer be able to allow members outside of the United States to sign up, renew or upgrade their D23 Gold and Gold Family Memberships. We value your commitment to D23 and thank you for your membership. D23 is currently exploring options to allow members outside of the United States to sign up or re-activate their Gold and Gold Family Memberships. Updates will be provided as soon as a solution is identified.

• What happens if my Gold or Gold Family Membership has not yet expired? Is my membership still active? Your Gold or Gold Family Membership will remain active until your membership expiration date.

• I’m a D23 Charter Member. Will my status be re-instated once a solution is found? Once a means to re-activate Gold or Gold Family Membership is achieved, we will review all options to bridge your initial membership.

• How will you contact me if a solution is identified? We will provide any updates to the email address that is associated with your membership.

For additional questions about these changes and your D23 Gold or Gold Family Membership you may also email us directly at GuestRelations@D23.com or call us during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST) at (855) 323-5973.

Thank you,
The D23 Team

So sad - I don't quite understand what is going on with this. I only just renewed. Recently I received an email from D23 advising that they could no longer send the D23 email to international members. I also had a similar message from runDisney saying they could no longer emails guest outside the US. Any idea what is behind this? So much for globalisation....

I ma pretty peeved as well - i love the membership package - would be interested to hear what is the case of this

Now that they’ve said they can’t email outside of the US i wonder how they will communicate to us the progress in being able to “reactivate” our membership in future. LOL.
Something clearly does not make any sense.

News from D23:

First, I want to personally thank you for being a member of D23, Disney’s official fan club. We love celebrating all things Disney with you, and we are incredibly grateful that you are a part of the magic.

We sincerely apologize for the notification you received last week regarding the suspension of new and renewed D23 Gold and Gold Family Membership sales for our international guests. This was due, in part, to newly adopted international privacy regulations. I am happy to share that we have identified a solution to allow members outside of the United States to continue their Gold and Gold Family Memberships, which we are working furiously to implement as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we want to make sure you can continue to enjoy your D23 benefits uninterrupted, so in the coming days we will add an additional 12 months to your membership—at no cost to you. We will take care of the extension. No action is needed on your part, and you will receive an email once it has been processed. This also means you will have no issues when purchasing tickets for—or attending—D23 Expo 2019.

If you have any additional questions, please reach out to our guest services team at GuestRelations@D23.com, and they will be happy to address them.

Once again, I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we thank you for your patience and support of D23.

Yours,

Michael Vargo
Head of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!