No more Nacho Rio Grande at Pecos

kniquy

DIS Veteran
So disappointed they are discontinuing the nachos challenge at Pecos Bill. It looked like they were yummy and the experience looked like so much fun. We were trying to plan out

I am wondering the reason for discontinuing them- not popular, not cost effective? The Dis fix video I saw did mention that Disney would likely add another new secret menu item.

Aww, man. I didn't even know this existed until I saw your post, but now I want it! Between this and ending the Express Transportation, I'm kinda bummed that these innovative add-ons aren't becoming standard.

that is what I heard too... they plan on a new secret menu later this fall... we were going to try the taco one too... so we shall see.

We did the nacho challenge! The best deal we had all week. There were 12 of us and we had the AP discount. So it ended up costing us only $6 each! and it was DELICIOUS! Plenty of toppings, plenty of meat and cheese, plenty of drinks. And NO, we didn't finish all they brought us. It was great!

I'm glad we did it in June! Our family of 6 couldn't finish it all either. The day we went, we had to put our names on a list to return later because there were already other groups waiting. When we did return, we were seated in the room with two other groups (one family of four and one large party of about 16). We were the first ones to get our food, we probably waited about half an hour and the other parties waited even longer. It was fun though and my kids still talk about how big the nachos were!

I guess we are too late to try this. We are heading down soon and will not be able to complete the challenge

Weren't they supposed to be launching something new in late Sept/early October? We arrive in 6 weeks and I'm curious what the new item is.

1) Alas, the reason.
2) It got too popular for the profit.
3) It was meant to draw in the people, AND IT DID.
4) Once, "mission accomplished" and guests were drawn in, no need to continue it (much like REMY at France, lunch).

But doesn't this logic also run the other way? Wont' the same people who were "drawn in" or people who would have been "drawn in" by the secret nachos now not patronize the restaurant as they're no longer offered?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter