No Nike San Francisco '16

That's sad.

The journalist kept using "run" in ways that amused me. Wonder if it was on purpose? (Nike is running away with the dollars they pay, they were run out of town, etc)

Interesting that Nike would not comment for the broadcast and has yet to even announce it on their own Facebook page.

It was on their site earlier this week. That makes me sad, my friend B and I were planning on San Fran in '16. But I look forward to seeing what new cities they pick.

It was on their site earlier this week. That makes me sad, my friend B and I were planning on San Fran in '16. But I look forward to seeing what new cities they pick.

Did they give a reason? I saw other people posting the story, but not them. I just hope they don't do LA. It is not a "girl's weekend/walk around" type of town. I guess we'll find out after the first of the year.

If anyone is still looking for an SF race, look at RnR SF! Registration is way cheaper than Nike. The expo was great. The run had less than half the runners that Nike did. Way better experience than Nike IMO. Plus you save enough money on reg that you can go to Tiffanys after and buy a necklace if thats what you're in it for!

I think they had announced a year or two ago that they will be moving the marathon and half marathon to give more ladies a change to run. I know I wanted to do the Nike Half because it was in DC and then when I went to sign up it wasn't in DC any more. I bet they don't want to comment just yet because they are looking for the next host city.

If anyone is still looking for an SF race, look at RnR SF! Registration is way cheaper than Nike. The expo was great. The run had less than half the runners that Nike did. Way better experience than Nike IMO. Plus you save enough money on reg that you can go to Tiffanys after and buy a necklace if thats what you're in it for!

I like your thinking!

The Nike race has been on my bucket list since I started running and I was bummed they only had it in D.C. like one year. It's one of the more well known races but it's so hard to get real intel on it and it doesn't seem to stay in one place for very long :( No NY, no Ca or D.C. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter