No Park Hoppers for 2 Day Trip - should I upgrade?

jennynoel

IG: jennynoel
Help me navigate this situation - my daughter and I have 1 park tickets for 2 days, our friends have park hoppers.

I have an upcoming weekend trip to Disneyland planned. It will be me and my best friend (35-40ish women) and 3 girls (6, 6 and 4 year old birthday girl).

I always have park hoppers or APs but I am on a tight budget right now. I initially committed to come on the trip for 1 day (we live 50 miles away) but my bestie convinced me to make it a girls weekend since she had already paid for the hotel room and a relative who was supposed to join her backed out.

I bought 1 park tickets thinking that was what she had and wanting to save money. She has park hoppers. Do I bite the bullet and upgrade our tickets, which will cost at least $200? Do I leave our tickets alone and encourage her to hop without us if she wants to?

I’m at a loss. I would rather spend that extra money on food and gifts for the kids, but I don’t want my friend to feel awkward or like she isn’t getting her moneys worth. She is using her tax refund for this special birthday trip for her daughter and hardly ever gets to go to Disney, where I go on multiple trips a year typically.

What would you do?

I would save the money and do one park/day. If they hop over to the other park, you will find things to enjoy with your girls in the park you are in.

Depending on what you want to accomplish, and what rides your girls like, Genie + might be worth it.

If you are 50 miles away, are you eligible for a So Cal ticket? You don't have to use it for three consecutive days - just three days before the beginning of June.

I have a MK so I can park hop with that but if anyone comes with me that doesn't have a MK I always buy them Hopper tickets. We like the freedom to go to either park without any limitations accept the morning. At night we might feel one park is way to crowded and we want to get away from the crowd. I would get the hoppers

That's a tough choice. Since it's a special occasion with your best friend I'd probably spring for the hoppers.

Unless...you talk to her about it and she wouldn't mind hopping alone for part of the trip. Sometimes a little time away from the group can be fun because you can do whatever you want.

Also, with younger kids some of them might want to rest when others don't or a child may want to skip a ride, so you might end up separating for part of the trip with or without hoppers.

I would keep your 1 park tickets. A little space from each other can keep the relationship healthy. Just be sure to communicate now your ticket situation and communicate well in the park to determine when and where you’ll meet back up.

Park hopping is just max $75/ticket, correct?

I would keep your 1 park tickets. A little space from each other can keep the relationship healthy. Just be sure to communicate now your ticket situation and communicate well in the park to determine when and where you’ll meet back up.

Park hopping is just max $75/ticket, correct?
You’re right - it looks like it would cost about $135 total to upgrade the tickets. That’s a lot more palatable.

Thanks for the perspectives, everyone. I’m probably going to upgrade to the hoppers.

I would save the money and do one park/day. If they hop over to the other park, you will find things to enjoy with your girls in the park you are in.

Depending on what you want to accomplish, and what rides your girls like, Genie + might be worth it.

If you are 50 miles away, are you eligible for a So Cal ticket? You don't have to use it for three consecutive days - just three days before the beginning of June.
Yes, I got the So Cal ticket for me and the current kids discount for my daughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter