No social distancing anymore

BlackTea

Mouseketeer
We were there for 15 days in December, then 10 days in early April. For December, every day on more than one occasion, I would notice people either not wearing masks properly, or eating and drinking while in line, but for April, not! even! once!, even now, I feel it is a pretty amazing thing. But on the other hand, December folks kept good awareness of social distancing guidelines, while majority of April folks pretty much totally ignored those marks on the ground. Another note, Orlando airport, i don't think there is such a thing called social distancing there...

We were there for 15 days in December, then 10 days in early April. For December, every day on more than one occasion, I would notice people either not wearing masks properly, or eating and drinking while in line, but for April, not! even! once!, even now, I feel it is a pretty amazing thing. But on the other hand, December folks kept good awareness of social distancing guidelines, while majority of April folks pretty much totally ignored those marks on the ground. Another note, Orlando airport, i don't think there is such a thing called social distancing there...
Your observations are interesting. We were there in December for 6 nights and then a quick March trip for 3. I felt mask compliance was about the same both trips (which was better than I expected) -- guess it depends on when and where you were. As for social distancing, I had a different reaction, particularly in the queues. In December I felt like people weren't paying attention. There were several times we asked them to give us some space. In March we didn't observe that at all.

I will be interesting to see how things are operating in June / July. We have an 18 day stay planned.

We were there during Easter week and I felt the social distancing and mask wearing was being adhered to pretty well. You will always have outliers that don't care or forget, but for the most part everyone was good. Especially in queues...that's where I saw people really sticking to the guidelines (again, except for a few outliers). The place where I saw the biggest lack of social distancing was DS, but it was pretty packed so it is understandable that everyone couldn't be 6 feet apart. But when people had an opportunity to move over and create a little more distance they usually did it. It was pretty well done.

See how different people's perception can be! :)
I mainly talk about when people are in queues. I'd say pepole follow social distancing good if they honor those marks on the ground, but it is minority every time I looked around. Daily, I got people step within 3 feet of us, more surprisingly, I didn't mind that much anymore... :rolleyes:

See how different people's perception can be! :)
I mainly talk about when people are in queues. I'd say pepole follow social distancing good if they honor those marks on the ground, but it is minority every time I looked around. Daily, I got people step within 3 feet of us, more surprisingly, I didn't mind that much anymore... :rolleyes:
Absolutely! I have made that comment on here several times about how people can have completely different experiences. We had a few instances of people encroaching on us, mostly by kids who were not being watched by their parents and then the parents had to “collect” their kids. But overall people did a pretty good job.

Here now at DW and very frustrated. Social distancing is a joke. A lot of the guests don’t care. Even the cast members are blissfully ignorant and forget to say something? I’ve even told a cast member at the lounge in Dinosaur Land that I was leaving before I bought anything because there was no social distancing and she had a lame excuse as she had been watching the whole thing and should have stepped in and said something.

This is not the place to be right now if you want to be safe.

Here now at DW and very frustrated. Social distancing is a joke. A lot of the guests don’t care. Even the cast members are blissfully ignorant and forget to say something? I’ve even told a cast member at the lounge in Dinosaur Land that I was leaving before I bought anything because there was no social distancing and she had a lame excuse as she had been watching the whole thing and should have stepped in and said something.

No offense, but if I was really concerned about being safe I wouldn’t be in WDW. We were there over Easter week and I wasn’t concerned at all.

agree, esp disney springs. we go on cloudy days and early afternoon when most are in the parks. and we don't stay long. Plus the whole parking thing is nuts. walk in park all day, walk a mile to your room, then walk a mile from parking garage to get to stores then walk ???miles around the place. and MAN are people complaining! Heard one or two parents tell their kids get what they want and be quick about it, we won't be back. Another one in line got out and sat down, telling kids walk till exhausted to buy overpriced stuff, ( she used a different idiom), "You can come back when you're old enough to bring yourself."
Happily we live close enough that we can gage when to go, where to park or just get a uber when covid is under control.
We haven't ventured into the parks yet, as the reports have been long lines, no social distancing and cast members seem to have given up. we will try may 25th and 26th, epcot and Hollywood, from BWV so we can get out fast if we feel unsafe. Personally I think the easiest way to get things back to normal would be to require vaccine card to get into the park. At this point try anything to get back to some kind of normal. What do you guys think about requiring a vaccine to get in, at some point soon? Now, Be nice.

look, people didn't follow proper mask wearing, distancing etc throughout this pandemic in virtually every aspect of living beit in elevators, hallways, stores and even in the doctor's lounge at our hospital where in the fall I observed 5 docs from different families eating lunch at a small cocktail table! The vaccines have changed everything. IMO the bottom line is if you are vaccinated (and are not immunocompromised) you will not die or get sick from covid or spread it to others. (yes there are few breakthrough cases but I believe you have a better chance of winning the megamillions) You should wear a mask as long as the prevalence of covid remains high. OTOH, if you are not vaccinated visiting any crowded place like WDW is risky as up to 60% is spread without symptoms.

We were there the last 2 weeks of April. The 6ft distancing in line is NOT well enforced; nor is it well respected at times. Some people were ALL up in my business. Masks, however, seemed to be no issue other than at DS, from my point of view.

look, people didn't follow proper mask wearing, distancing etc throughout this pandemic in virtually every aspect of living beit in elevators, hallways, stores and even in the doctor's lounge at our hospital where in the fall I observed 5 docs from different families eating lunch at a small cocktail table! The vaccines have changed everything. IMO the bottom line is if you are vaccinated (and are not immunocompromised) you will not die or get sick from covid or spread it to others. (yes there are few breakthrough cases but I believe you have a better chance of winning the megamillions) You should wear a mask as long as the prevalence of covid remains high. OTOH, if you are not vaccinated visiting any crowded place like WDW is risky as up to 60% is spread without symptoms.
Basically I agree, but we stayed home except for DRS apt. and once a month grocery shopping as we lived in SC. until recently. You couldn't get into any store without a mask on in our county. it was strictly enforced for the most part. WE did walk into a liquor store and the guy didn't have a mask on, so we left and told him why. The store had to close it's door not long after due to employees with covid. One of them died I guess. Sad way to learn.
we are all vaccinated now, and as of June, no one will be allowed in our home that hasn't been vaccinated. MY kids have been put on notice too, LOL>

Interesting to read about different experiences during the same time period. We were there from 4/13 - 5/5 and went to the parks four days and Disney Springs three times. I thought adherence to masks was exceptional , in fact almost everywhere we went in the Orlando area it was very good. We have a house in Lake Nona and went to many local restaurants in that area as well as trips to Lakeland. Granted we were able to go off peak and did not go to the parks or DS on weekends. Our last week there it was frankly too hot to go to the parks anyway.

There were a couple of instances of people “encroaching” and in our experience the kids were only doing what their parents were doing🙄. We let one group just go ahead of us after a few glances went unheeded.

My wife and I are fully vaccinated, so I think that made a difference. We had no intention of going until we were and we had a great time.

We thought the wait times were long and, frankly, I hope FP+ comes back soon, as well as not needing park reservations.

mac_tlc

We were at WDW & Universal in the middle of March. Mask compliance in WDW was better than Universal & CMs were better at enforcing it from what I observed. No one is monitoring the queues so I found myself having to give a quite a few dirty looks to people who couldn't follow the markers. MOST people caught on by observing our group staying distant from the group in front of us, but one woman on a scooter was literally bumping into my legs while in line for World of Disney. I asked if she was trying to meet the group in front of me & she said she didn't know them, so I asked her to please stay on her marker instead of running into me. She looked confused. I'm dreading the return of queue crushes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter