No water at Bay Lake Tower

When the slide is broken at a resort's pool, management lets guests use the slide at a neighboring pool. I fail to see why Disney would prevent guests from using a neighboring facility's shower in a time like this.

Rules exist for a reason but there are also reasons to adjust them in times of need.

I would encourage guests that are inconvenienced by this to seek the assistance of the CMs. Everyone on a message board has an opinion, but it's the Cast Members, via their managers, who DECIDE how guests can be helped. It pays to seek solutions with the people who are in a position to help at the resort.

~NM

Has the water situation improved??
Is it back on & cleared up??
What have the CMs or Management of Bay Lake Tower done about the inconvenience to the guests?

When the slide is broken at a resort's pool, management lets guests use the slide at a neighboring pool. I fail to see why Disney would prevent guests from using a neighboring facility's shower in a time like this.

Rules exist for a reason but there are also reasons to adjust them in times of need.

I would encourage guests that are inconvenienced by this to seek the assistance of the CMs. Everyone on a message board has an opinion, but it's the Cast Members, via their managers, who DECIDE how guests can be helped. It pays to seek solutions with the people who are in a position to help at the resort.

~NM
Big difference in using a slide for one minute versus using a shower for 15-20 minutes. Especially when there are only a very few showers.

Big difference in using a slide for one minute versus using a shower for 15-20 minutes. Especially when there are only a very few showers.
Well there is only one slide, and I go down it 15-20 times, and each time down takes me a minute, so we're even.

Adding to this ridiculousness, if I soap up before I go down the slide, after about 15-20 times sliding, I should be rinsed off enough for that to count as a shower.

~NM

Well there is only one slide, and I go down it 15-20 times, and each time down takes me a minute, so we're even.

Adding to this ridiculousness, if I soap up before I go down the slide, after about 15-20 times sliding, I should be rinsed off enough for that to count as a shower.

~NM
Chlorine will kill all the germs anyway, don’t waste your time with soap!

~NM
There are people who insist that Disney's response to every request for guest accommodation will be (or at least should be) no. Doesn't matter if the request is related to parking, a restaurant, an emergency situation or whatever else. We visit frequently and have never experienced this petty, inflexible, unreasonable Disney. Maybe they go at a different time of year :confused3 This current situation is a huge inconvenience for guests - I'm sure adhering to the usual rules is the last concern of the CMs trying to help guests deal with it.

So was there any compensation? I understand things break yada yada, but if I'm paying hundreds a night and have to walk to who knows where, just to use a bathroom, I'd expect more than a candy bar.

Or throwing a bone (Fastpass) at me.

I am a fairly laid back person, but, I would definitely be expecting relevant and careful compensation for this outage. Access to running water is kind of a minimum expectations and at BLT prices, well, not being able to shower or flush the toilet when I want / need to is a big deal.

Because they lost water for 4 hours???

Not saying being moved to GF is what should be done, but the timing made everything worst. Again, of course disney didn't plan to have the water fail at 7 am, but if the 4 hours of no water was say between 1 pm and 5 pm, it probably would have been less of a headache than no water at 7 am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter