No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

We finished our monorail drinking crawl at Mizner's Lounge at Grand Floridean. I had never been here in all my trips, and i have to say, it is a terrific lounge. This one moved up to the top of my list.

WP_20170721_16_27_18_Pro.jpg

Great service always helps.

Good to see your family back at WDW for some summer fun ! Your daughters are maturing too fast - they are cuties !
Thank goodness all DW do the laundry !

We have never stayed at Poly, but have visited for Tonga Toast at Capt. Cook's, dinner at 'Ohana and watched the fireworks on the beach.
We will see Happily Ever After in November.

Love the DisDad Club pic - how many members ?

Enjoy the lapu lapu this evening !

A drink so nice you say it twice - love that !

How many days will you be there ?

No parks - I could like that - just hanging out !

Just a short trip. We took our oldest to the Johnson O'Connor Foundation in Atlanta for aptitude testing. Then, 4 days here at the Poly. The Poly is a nice resort, but one we won't return to since the points are 50% more to stay. It's worth a stay, better if you could get Hawaii building.

We have over 840 Disdads. Check us out here in the Disboards in the Families sub-section. The criteria is a dad and Disney lover, but we have even waved dad requirement. We have a group on FB as well. Usually, when we meet up at WDW, we take a picture. Many of us have become friends off line. One has become their own TA business serving most of the dads, and we do an annual convention. Stop by and say hi if you want. We give you a member #.

Back to Kona again.

WP_20170721_18_07_20_Pro (2).jpg

Most may not return to same restaurant two nights in a row. However, Kona is one of our favorites, and we don't get the opportunity to walk to eat very often.

And then the youngest still falls asleep during dinner.

WP_20170721_19_03_38_Pro.jpg

I guess all the swimming and sun got her. It was a really great vacation. We have to leave tomorrow.

Yes, Disney owes you royalties - they must be reading the DisBoards !

Mizner Lounge and you can have a comfy seat and listen to the music from the band in the upper lobby - nice touch !
The offerings at The Grand Floridian Cafe are not too pricey, but at Gasparilla Island Grill the offerings and prices are great.
You can eat inside or take your food to the tables at the Marina just outside the door. You can see the Castle from there too. It is also nice there in the evening to watch the MK fireworks !

Talking Poly you mentioned Hawaii - is that Club Level ?

My husband loves the points at OKW. BWV points are good, too.

Hope all went well in Atlanta.

Youngest sleeping - the sun and pool will do that for sure.

I have seen DisDads on the DisBoards thought it was for Dads.

Will have to take a look again.

Enjoy the last hours with the family. Hello to all.

Tomorrow will be a sad day.

Safe trip home.

Wish we lived close enough to drive.

Yes, Disney owes you royalties - they must be reading the DisBoards !

Mizner Lounge and you can have a comfy seat and listen to the music from the band in the upper lobby - nice touch !
The offerings at The Grand Floridian Cafe are not too pricey, but at Gasparilla Island Grill the offerings and prices are great.
You can eat inside or take your food to the tables at the Marina just outside the door. You can see the Castle from there too. It is also nice there in the evening to watch the MK fireworks !

Talking Poly you mentioned Hawaii - is that Club Level ?

My husband loves the points at OKW. BWV points are good, too.

Hope all went well in Atlanta.

Youngest sleeping - the sun and pool will do that for sure.

I have seen DisDads on the DisBoards thought it was for Dads.

Will have to take a look again.

Enjoy the last hours with the family. Hello to all.

Tomorrow will be a sad day.

Safe trip home.

Wish we lived close enough to drive.

Yes, you do have to be male. Sorry about that. I guess i did forget about that one. :sad2: :lmao:

Hawaii does offer a club level, but I'm guessing there are non club level rooms in that building.

I've been considering Grand Floridean for our 20th anniversary, just DW & I for a long weekend with dining at Victoria & Albert's.

Today is a sad day. Finished a morning swim and now cleaning up, packing, loading car, etc. At least we are booked back at the Boardwalk in June.

On a bus to Disney Springs.

WP_20170722_11_00_52_Pro.jpg

Boathouse for lunch. The food is excellent.

WP_20170722_11_33_35_Pro.jpg

Calamari app. Shrimp n grits main course. And, i sampled both girls meals of coconut fried shrimp and fried clam strips. This is the way to live.

Last edited:
Boathouse looks very nice.

You said BWV - we will not be there at the same time. We will be OKW and BWV in Novemeber.

VGF and V&A for your anniversary - WOW !
V&A - never been there - can not justify the cost for a meal, but it should be great. I have seen the menu and read reports.

Keep us posted.

Assuming the trip home was uneventful ?

Boathouse looks very nice.

You said BWV - we will not be there at the same time. We will be OKW and BWV in Novemeber.

VGF and V&A for your anniversary - WOW !
V&A - never been there - can not justify the cost for a meal, but it should be great. I have seen the menu and read reports.

Keep us posted.

Assuming the trip home was uneventful ?

Boathouse was pricy, but very good. It is on the list to consider as a repeat. I'm not sure I want to drop $5K on a weekend trip to WDW. There's a chance I could get VGF at 7 months on DVC points, but it's not certain.

Similarly, dropping $1K on a meal sounds ridiculous. It's cheaper than that, but close. It's a once in a lifetime thing though. I still have a couple years to figure it out.

Trip home was fine. A bit of construction traffic before Atlanta, but everything else was smooth. Maybe it was leaving at 2:30 PM. Maybe it wasn't Spring Break traffic.

We did stay at VGF in a studio with a lake view (we do no own there). It was a short no kids vacation. It was very nice.
It has the 3 room bathroom you mentioned.
A great view of MK and the fireworks. As you know the grounds are beautiful.
And using the monorail was fun.

V&A would/could be a great experience, but pricey.

Let us know when you figure that out !

Hi to the family.

Take care.

96 days till WDW !

2018 June Trip. Back to BWV, our home resort, followed by a couple days at VBR. But, we are flying this year!!!

WP_20180601_13_55_15_Pro.jpg

Our first flight to WDW, and the first time my girls were on a plane. It is so convenient. We did fly out of our local airport into Sanford. Next time, we may try another airport and fly into MCO and skip the rental car.

Last edited:
Rent the car and drive in for dinner at pizza window at Boardwalk. Sure it's greasy and not the best pizza, but enjoying the sunset from the Boardwalk is.

WP_20180601_19_34_08_Pro.jpg

Pizza and beer. This will be a difficult trip for me, as I hurt my knee a few weeks back. I had a MRI the day we left, and still don't know the results. All i know is it hurts to walk.

Oldest went for some ice cream.

WP_20180601_20_06_57_Pro.jpg

We have our usual standard view studio room. With online check-in, we went to the room.

Last edited:
Had a great meal at Garden Grove in the Swan. Last time was 10 years ago. Then, Pluto "drank" my youngest dd's juice. Today, not only is it the awesome seafood buffet, with non-watery crab legs like at Cape May, but each person receives 1/2 lobster - 1/2 tail, stuffed middle, and one claw. Yum!!! This was the best seafood meal we have had at WDW with the exception of the King Crab Claws at Fulton's Crab House. This one had lobster though. It was expensive, but well worth it.

WP_20180602_18_49_20_Pro (2).jpg

And, they still had Pluto.

WP_20180602_18_19_24_Pro.jpg

Pluto forgot about drinking dds drink. :lmao:

WP_20180602_18_19_34_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Spent Sunday at Animal Kingdom. The AM dash to FoP was on.

WP_20180603_09_37_09_Pro.jpg

We made it. Strategy was FP+ for River Journey, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and Festival of the Lion King. We went to Flights of Passage and did the hour stand-by wait for AM Extra Magic Hours. Then, onto River Journey, Kilimanjaro Safari, Festival of Lion King, and lunch at Yak n Yeti.

WP_20180603_14_04_25_Pro.jpg

Then, onto Dinosaur, Primevil Whirl, Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro safari again, and pictures with Mickey n Minnie.

WP_20180603_17_26_43_Pro.jpg

We did the Bug's Life and just wandered by this photo shoot. Never found these characters before, so I bought oldest dd this tshirt. Ever since Up, we have used "squirrel" with her as she gets so distracted. Worth the money for picture opportunity.

WP_20180603_18_26_55_Pro (2).jpg

I needed another break to rest the knee, so family decided to go back to the resort with me. I was willing to have a few drinks in Nomad Lounge for them. We had a great day at Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:
Relaxing day. Went to Disney Springs earlier and then relaxed at quiet pool/ community hall. DW and dds made tye dye shirts.

Dinner at ESPN club tonight. Appetizers of pretzel bread, tater tots, and chicken strips with pitchers of beer.

WP_20180604_18_25_20_Pro.jpg

The dds scattered. Now that they are teenagers, DW and I can enjoy WDW at times with just the two of us. Watching Game 4 of Stanley Cup finals. This may be Capitals year.

Last edited:
Epcot today. Knocked out 3 FP+ with Figment, Soarin, Land, Nemo, and pictures with Mickey n friends.

Goofy.

WP_20180605_11_44_57_Pro.jpg

Minnie.

WP_20180605_11_47_01_Pro.jpg

Finally made it to the DVC lounge.

WP_20180605_12_08_53_Pro.jpg

Yes, it is impressive being there. I always see those rooftops and wanted to go there. However, after we got there, not so impressed. First, it's not the best kept secret and really crowded. Second, it's not a lounge. I thought i could order beer or apps. I guess i was expecting more of the TOTWL, with the last letter being lounge. I didn't care for the furniture or not strong AC. I think it's nice DVC tried to do something for members (coke & snacks) in the parks, but i don't plan to be a return visitor at this point.

We are eating and drinking around the world now. Found Alice.

zz.jpg

Continued drinking around the world. I had the usual Grey Goose lemon slushes and a croissant from France. Took in the movie in France and now onto the American adventure.

Last edited:
We found Coco. I haven't seen the movie yet though.

zyz.jpg

Another first for me this trip.

WP_20180605_16_04_20_Pro.jpg

Dr. Doofenshmirtz rises up out of the roof top of the indoor building across from La Cava del Tequila in Mexico. He's operating some type of device. Had some great tequila (mayor anejo) in a flight with dos equis draft. Then, back to Tangerine Cafe (first) for swarma for DW, boat ride, test track single rider, Mission Space (minus Lt. Dan), Spaceship Earth, and ending with Frozen Ever After - my favorite ride at Epcot.

Last edited:
According to DW's app thing, we did 20,000 + steps yesterday or 9 miles. I'm exhausted and need a vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!