Noise from Boardwalk view?

Tink6666

Mouseketeer
We are looking at staying at BWV in June, and I was wondering if you get a lot of noise from a boardwalk view?

Request high floor to minimize any risk. Yes, you will experience some. Most is unnocticeable throughout the day and evening with doors closed. But times when sound is definitely noticeable are when boat horns go off, Illuminations fireworks, early morning when they have machines cleaning the boardwalk, and near 2 a.m. when Atlantic Dance and Jellyrolls close and some of the patrons are inebriated and sometimes loud.

Request high floor to minimize any risk. Yes, you will experience some. Most is unnocticeable throughout the day and evening with doors closed. But times when sound is definitely noticeable are when boat horns go off, Illuminations fireworks, early morning when they have machines cleaning the boardwalk, and near 2 a.m. when Atlantic Dance and Jellyrolls close and some of the patrons are inebriated and sometimes loud.

I have found that having the drapes as well as the doors closed deadens almost everything except Illuminations.

I think it depends on where you are. Defiantly get a high up room. I have stayed in them a few times and it's fine. Biggest thing is the boat horns. Especially first thing in the morning.

I have found that having the drapes as well as the doors closed deadens almost everything except Illuminations.

I think it depends on where you are. Defiantly get a high up room. I have stayed in them a few times and it's fine. Biggest thing is the boat horns. Especially first thing in the morning.

and for ppl like myself, just the thought of listening to boat horns & illuminations from our balcony gives me goosebumps :cloud9:

the resort itself is very quiet (unlike at a few other resorts, we've not had noise problems from the hallways or adjoining rooms). the BW activities (games, shows, surrey bikes) start to close down after illuminations; revelers leaving JRs around 2AM occasionally get loud, but again, it happens rarely, and closed doors/drapes block most noises.

and for ppl like myself, just the thought of listening to boat horns & illuminations from our balcony gives me goosebumps :cloud9: the resort itself is very quiet (unlike at a few other resorts, we've not had noise problems from the hallways or adjoining rooms). the BW activities (games, shows, surrey bikes) start to close down after illuminations; revelers leaving JRs around 2AM occasionally get loud, but again, it happens rarely, and closed doors/drapes block most noises.

Ha yes you are right. I wasn't saying the boat horns are a bad thing ;-). Couldn't think of a better noise to listen to in the mornings. Beats my alarm clock at home!

and for ppl like myself, just the thought of listening to boat horns & illuminations from our balcony gives me goosebumps

I'm with you, Laurie. We will be in the HA BW view room on second floor during our upcoming stay. The boat horns and Illuminations blasts are part of what we most love about BW view rooms.

The only time I had a noise issue was when I was on the second floor above Big River. It was June and people were out late talking on the boardwalk. I remember hearing someone scream around 12:30am "hay, people are trying to sleep!". I always request top floor.

I'm with you, Laurie. We will be in the HA BW view room on second floor during our upcoming stay. The boat horns and Illuminations blasts are part of what we most love about BW view rooms.

Jean, how do you know you will be on the second floor this far out?:goodvibes

I have been on all levels with a boardwalk view. The only noise that I remember (other than boat horns and IllumiNations!) was the dinging of the bell at the basketball toss game! But, that closes at a fairly early time, so shouldn't be an issue.
Yes, you may hear carts and such on the boardwalk early in the morning, but if you close the drapes, it should pretty much muffle the sounds.

We have stayed in various of the Boardwalk view rooms and find e noise levels very manageable. The ones closer to the boats get the boat horn and the buskers in the early evening. The ones further down have the late night from jelly rolls but that doesn't seem to be too much lately.

Despite this, we love those rooms above any others in the resort. It's fun to neon the balcony with your drink watching everyone else walking around and enjoying their stay. I only hear the boat horn the first day. After that, it seems to fade. When I do hear it, I smile and feel happy that I am at Boardwalk.

Our kids are older so I don't know if my answers would be different if we were trying to get a toddler to sleep! In my recollection, when our kids were little they were asleep before their heads hit the pillows. I remember a few late night snacks at the food court in Dixie Landings ( dating myself) where they laid their heads down on the tables and slept right there

We stayed in Sept 2012 over the week of Labor day (very slow time) of year in a one bedroom, and we heard more noise from the boats and concession area moving stuff around in the morning than anything else. It did wake me up in the morning, more than once.

You may also hear noise from the Big River and games out front, if you are there during busy times of year and lots of folks are out walking around at night.

The view was great for me and out weighed the noise issue. However, if I stay at BWV again I will try for standard or pool view.

We pretty consistently ask for and stay in 5001 and 4001...next to Jelly Rolls. We've never had an issue with Boardwalk noise at all (and I'm a very light sleeper). As others have stated, however, I would go as high up as possible. Lower floors might invite more noise.

Yes there is noise but it is to be expected in the evening, it's the boardwalk! The noise that was the most disruptive was early in the AM, it seemed like they were driving or pushing some type of carts on the boardwalk. The boat horns were fine and as other said kind of nice.

We were not able to get a boardwalk view for our stay in June :( we ended up booking a garden / pool view...any suggestions on where to request? This is our first time at boardwalk, we will be using dining plan I think.

We have a studio BW view in June, since it's just us and our DS (who will be 16 by then). We stayed at BWV in 2001 and 2002 but always standard view, so we are beyond excited!
Daisyx3

We were not able to get a boardwalk view for our stay in June :( we ended up booking a garden / pool view...any suggestions on where to request? This is our first time at boardwalk, we will be using dining plan I think.

I hope that you wait listed for a BW view. This far out the wait list could come through. If you have booked a studio then request Village Green view for pool/garden. That would give you a partial BW view and also be very close to the elevators.

We just had a BW view waitlist come through for June.

Once before we had a BW view (right over the stores on the 2nd floor) and had no issue from my memory (i am getting old and my mind is not what it was :). I don't think noise really comes into play as much as one would think. After all, you are in Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter