Nomad Lounge or Satu’li Canteen?

10CJ

DIS Veteran
can you make a meal out of the food at Nomad Lounge?

Which would you choose between these two and why?

I'd visit both. I'd do Nomad Lounge just for a drink (their non-alcoholic drinks are some of the best on property) and have the meal at Satuli Canteen.

Once I did get an appetizer at Nomad Lounge, but for a meal I'd go elsewhere for something substantial.

I think yes, with Nomad's menu alone, but you can also order off Tiffin's menu while seated in Nomad. I loved Nomad so much - totally unexpected, delightful surprise on our last trip.

Both. We do Satu'li for lunch and Nomad Lounge for an afternoon rest and drink or two. Its the best of both. Sit outside and enjoy the view at Nomad.

I agree with the PPs - do both if possible. They're quite different (in food and ambiance), but both great.

Nomad is more along the lines of drinks and small plates. It can get expensive if you try to make a meal out of those. The last time I was there, I ordered a couple of drinks, tuna tataki (which I notice is not on the online menu - it was excellent, but only 5 slices), and the bread service - the bill came out to around $45 or so. In contrast, the bowls at Satuli are substantial and cost quite a bit less - but still very good.

There have been mixed reports of Nomad allowing guests to order from Tiffins menu - some have had success and some have been told no. If that's something of interest, check when you go in.

The dining experience at Satuli is consistent with most QS places - it can be loud and a bit cramped (and I recommend using mobile ordering). Nomad is much more relaxed and is worth it for that alone (especially if AK is busy). Both offer indoor and outdoor seating. If I had to choose, I'd go with Nomad - but you can't go wrong with either one.

It would depend completely on the situation. Satuli is hands down one of my favorite quick services in WDW. When we're in AK travelling with the kids or are just looking for a meal between FPs that's where we go. If it's just my husband and I enjoying things at a slow and casual pace or just looking to have a relaxing night, we go to Nomad. It's one of our favorite lounges. We've made it dinner before but you should check the menu to make sure enough things look appetizing or reconsider if one of you is a big eater. I wouldn't take kids there for anything other than a brief respite.

I enjoyed Nomad lounge so much, the drinks and food can get expensive depending on how much you are ordering and the portions arent large but perfect for getting a few to share with friends without overeating. I think I would choose nomad lounge only because I've been there twice and loved both experiences. however if I was on a budget (Time or money) I would give Satuli canteen a try

I had the food at tiffins and really enjoyed it. And I think some of the Tiffins items are on the Nomad menu. But i also agree with another poster to just have a drink or two at nomad (Their cocktails are pretty good) and eat at Canteen

Yes you can. I do. They'll also serve the appetizers on the Tiffins menu. I went to Satuli once and liked it but I do better at Nomad using Tables in Wonderland, so that is what I do for lunch.

We ate lunch at Nomad back in January and really enjoyed it. DW and DD6 and I split 3 apps and had a few beers and it was enough for a quick lunch and I loved not being stuffed when leaving. It is more expensive and less food than Satu'li would be.

Both, they are so different and unique.

Satuli is a wonderful healthy QS, different than anything I have seen before. I love the different bowl combos.

Nomad is beautiful, great spot to get out of the heat with a drink or two.

Last edited:
Yes you can. I do. They'll also serve the appetizers on the Tiffins menu. I went to Satuli once and liked it but I do better at Nomad using Tables in Wonderland, so that is what I do for lunch.

This is our plan. I see cheese, meat, and bread! Easily enough to feed us both.

Hmm, doing both sounds tempting but not sure I have time for both. Definitely some things to think about, thanks!

I eat at Nomad every single trip, it's one of my favourite places at WDW. Great atmosphere and I've always had great food. So I'm a bit biased, but Nomad all the way.

It would depend completely on the situation. Satuli is hands down one of my favorite quick services in WDW. .
I agree with this. Its my fave QS in all of WDW too. Yes its that good! The meal here was actually better than some of my TS meals as well. I'd recommend Satuli for sure. :)

We have two days at AK next trip so we plan on doing both. If not I would do Satuli for lunch and then stop into Nomad for a drink and snack.

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I did not like Satuli at all. I really enjoy Nomad. We had a light lunch at Nomad on a day we had an ADR for dinner elsewhere, and didn’t have any problem finding enough to satisfy us. I would just look at the menus and see which place sounds more appealing.

I just did both in one day on Tuesday of this week. We had a FP for FoP and some time to kill, so we hung out in Nomad, then rode FoP, then ate late lunch at Satu'li. I'd happily recommend either, but Satu'li is my favorite place to eat in the whole of WDW because if how I choose to eat, Satu'li makes it easy, healthy, and offers variety. At Nomad there are a lot of Cocktails and Mocktails, small plates, and we were also told we could order off of Tiffins' appetizer menu or enhancements menu (those are Tiffins' side dishes).

I don't think you'd be disappointed in either choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter