Non-alcoholic drinks on DPP

dfamgirl

Dis Fan
Does anyone know what/if specialty non-alcoholic drinks are really being offered this year on the DDP. Since we have adults that don't drink on the DDP & I'm sure we're paying more for the new addition of alcohol to the DDP, I just want to make sure that we are getting the most out of the $ we are spending on it. Has anyone had experience with making the most of the DDP drinks in this way yet?

Does anyone know what/if specialty non-alcoholic drinks are really being offered this year on the DDP. Since we have adults that don't drink on the DDP & I'm sure we're paying more for the new addition of alcohol to the DDP, I just want to make sure that we are getting the most out of the $ we are spending on it. Has anyone had experience with making the most of the DDP drinks in this way yet?

Some non-alcoholic specialty drinks have always been included, so you're not really getting anything new.

Still, look through the menus online. Many QS have a frozen lemonade, smoothie, milk shake, specialty coffee or something like those that should be eligible. TS usually have some virgin cocktails, specialty teas/coffees, etc.

DD got a “No-jito” at Sanaa that was delicious. Also, virgin daiquiris, coladas, watermelon lemonade with berry foam topping, smoothies, press pot coffee, pots of loose leaf tea, etc.

Like PP said, I don’t know if anything was really new this year that wasn’t included before. I think they just made the wording seem like you’re getting something special to justify the increased price for those not drinking alcohol.

That said, we did enjoy a lot of the non-alcoholic beverages we received. If the restaurant has a full bar they’ll make you a non-alcoholic version of a lot of things and many restaurants had a mocktails section on the menu.

DD got a “No-jito” at Sanaa that was delicious. Also, virgin daiquiris, coladas, watermelon lemonade with berry foam topping, smoothies, press pot coffee, pots of loose leaf tea, etc.

I'm assuming this was DD15. What was your experience for DD8 with specialty beverages at TS and QS places?

I'm assuming this was DD15. What was your experience for DD8 with specialty beverages at TS and QS places?
DD8 could order specialty drinks, too, but we were on the deluxe plan. I know there have been many reports of children having to order milk, juice, etc from the kids menu but she was able to order anything she wanted.

I’ve also seen the thread where a child on the deluxe plan had to order off the kids menu but DD8 was encouraged to order off the adult menu. The only restaurant where the server specifically pointed out the options on the kids menu was at Yachtsman. I don’t know if we could have ordered an adult meal there if we pressed the issue, but we only ordered her items from the adult menus at places where she was told she could and they had something on the adult menu she wanted.

However, she was able to order a specialty lemonade with the foam topping at Yachtsman even though the menu lists water, juice, etc as coming with the kids meals.

As always, Disney is consistent in being inconsistent :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!