Non-American Disney Parks

astrodrummergirl

The DLRP ads are taunting me!!!!!!
I was really interested when I heard the pod crew talking about the Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong parks.

I've been to both American Parks and have been going to Disneyland Paris since I was about 4 years old and I agree with the Canadian who sent the voice mail (sorry, couldn't remember your name) that Paris is much more artistically beautiful than the american parks and that many of the rides are far better than their american equivilents.

Paris for me has become the place I go nearly every year, the years I haven't have either been to the american parks or to visit family.

Sorry, just wanted to say my piece.:goodvibes

We are going to attempt a trip to Europe this summer and hope to find a way to include Disneyland Paris. It may be our only opportunity and I'd hate to be so close and not visit.

Wow, I actually got a response, I thought this was going to be one of those threads where no one else posts on, only looks.

I also forgot to write in the first bit that even though Paris isn't as sunny or hot as Florida or California all year round but rather cold, wet or snowing for the winter (this is going to sound cheesy now) but the disney magic seems to make you forget about how cold it is. I know then I went in January, there were very forceful winds which managed to blow down some signs and half of Walt Disney Studios was shut, although I was bummed for a couple of minutes I remembered where I was and what fun I could have without those rides. (To be truthful, at that current time, I was just trying to sneak a peek of the construction of the new rides at WDS;) )

Charlotte--

Do you usually stay at the same hotel, or go to a different one each time? I've just started doing some serious research and trying to decide if we want to stay on site or not. Any recomendations? Thanks!

Through all the times i've been, i've stayed at the Davy Crockett Ranch, Santa Fe, Cheyenne and the Sequioa Lodge (sorry I still can't spell it properly:headache: ). I like to try and stay at different hotels however the Disneyland, New York and Newport Bay just tend to be far too expensive for us to stay in. I have always stayed on site and would always try to stay on site as there are now so many perks to staying in them, such as shopping delivery to your room and the extra magic hours and also the fact that I love the morning stroll through Disney Village to the parks (we rarely use the bus, only if we're really tired). I would recommend any of them to you, since I've never really had a problem however I have heard some bad things, but that was a while ago and even then, they haven't deterred me from staying there, I think I may be staying there again in June. Also, if possible, try and stay in a hotel rather than at the Ranch as you must have a car to get between there and the parks however it is unavoidable if you have 5 in your group (as I had) and can't shell out for 2 hotel rooms.

Hope that helps.

I must chime in as well (I'm a little late...just got back from the World and I'm catching up on the podcasts and the boards) and say that DLRP is by far the most beautiful Disney resort I've ever visited. I've been three times, two weekend visits and one 1-day visit. Both weekend visits I stayed at the Hotel New York and loved it. The resort itself if very beautiful and the location to the parks is very close. Maybe a 10 minute walk to the main gate of Disneyland Parc if you walk slowly.

But, as Charlotte said, it's not the cheapest hotel. Besides the Disneyland Hotel (which looks stunning...I would loved to have stayed there), it's the most expensive site.

calypso*a*go-go, if you are anywhere near DLRP, you have to visit. You won't regret it!

so i'll just chime in that we didn't particularly like Disneyland Paris (probably more because of the guests and CMs than the park itself).

On the other hand I adore the Tokyo Disney Resort (Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea).

My daughter, who has been to all the disney parks worldwide, says Hong Kong is fun (though quite small). She enjoyed it there (much more than in DLP).
But her favorite disney- other than WDW of course, is Tokyo DisneySea.

I've still to go to Tokyo and Hong Kong, I tried to convince my mum to take me to Hong Kong but she said no, not because it may be too expensive, but because I'm only 17 and I've got years of travelling to do.

I really want to do this trip but a little apprehensive...I have been reading all these European travel guides that go on and on about watching out for pickpockets, making sure shopkeepers don't give you incorrect change, etc. We haven't traveled outside the US for many years now and I'm really nervous about being overseas (mainly because our kids will be with us). I know it's stupid and I don't mean to offend anyone across the pond because I know these scenarios will pale in comparison to the wonderful things we will see and do (as well as the new friends we will meet) and that people traveling to the US have the same concerns. I just need to buy the darn plane tickets so there's no turning back!

Well, thats kind of how we felt going to orlando, it was a place we weren't used to, and we hadn't been to the states for for years but we dicided to just go ahead and do it since it was the last chance to do it for a long time

I know we will love it...but my biggest concern is whether to try and visit three or four countries thru an organized tour, or just try to wing it on our own. My family is not very spontaneous so we would definitely have to have some kind of itinerary to follow. However, the price tag that comes along with the preplanned tours is huge when paying for four. Oh well, either it will work itself out...or it won't (in which case we'll be headed for WDW again -- so definitely a win-win situation!).

Well, you don't need to be spontaneous to do an non organised holiday. Just think of the attractions and sights you really want to see, and how you can get to place to place easily. Most european countries have good transport networks which aren't too difficult to figure out.

Hi Charlotte!

It was my question that was read on the Podcast!

What a beautiful park indeed. I just returned from a quick getaway to Disneyland and I must say the two parks do share very similar traits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter