Non-budget busting ideas...throw them at me

We like mini-golf at Winter Summerland.
Behind the Seeds tour at Epcot
FootGolf is new at Disney's Oak Trail golf course. We haven't been there, but we've done it at home and it is a lot of fun. Looks like it will be about $20 per person. There are other courses in the area that offer it, their prices may be a little lower, I haven't looked yet.
We are going to Kennedy Space Center this year; it isn't cheap though, $50 per adult, kids are maybe $40?

They have wagon rides at Fort Wilderness... "25-minute wagon rides cost $12 for Guests ages 10 and up, and $8 for Guests 3 to 9 years of age."

Port Orleans has a carriage tour for $55..."carriages fit up to 4 adults (or 2 adults and 3 small children)."

There is a behind the scenes tour of the steam engine train at Mk for $54 per person

Sharing a big "kitchen Sink" ice cream at Beaches and Cream is fun and yummy. It is about $35 but serves up toe 7 people easily.....( you would definitly spend abotu $5 per person on ice cream anyway so this is not a bad price )

I would recommend on seeing the piano player and band at the Grand Floridian around 4 pm. Great place to chill out for a while.

PS it's free!

There is also YeeHaw Bob over at the Port Orleans Riverside bar. You don't have to get an alcoholic drink to listen to him and he is funny!

We stayed there last summer and I would get an ice cream from the QS food court and then walk down the hall to the Roost (where he plays) and enjoy my treat while listening to him!

I will add my vote for Caring for Giants tour at the AK. DW and I just did it a few weeks ago. It was $51 for two with the AP discount. Here is my write up:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/caring-for-giants-tour.3664524

easywdw also has a great write up on the tour.

The Behinds the Seeds tour is interesting if you have a strong interest in plants/gardening. We did it once, it was OK. If I had to chose where to spend my $$ I would opt for the Caring for Giants tour.

I also reinforce the notion of spending more time touring the resorts. You already have a couple of good ideas for our favorite resort area, the Epcot Resorts. We have stayed at the Boardwalk many times. And we still will wander over there from time to time when we visit Epcot. The area might also be worthy of one of your 'date nights'.

Also take some time to visit the AKL. It is a beautiful resort and there is plenty to see.

Probably not enough. We went there either Thanksgiving or Xmas, I forget which one. We checked out the lobby, went outside (right by the lobby) and then were pretty much ready to go. We thought it was beautiful, but didn't see a ton else to do. Keeping in mind that having a "drink" doesn't appeal to us, what other things at AKL did you do that you thought were really cool? We'd definitely be happy to go back and check out more.

AKL is our home DVC resort-we love it! We’ve enjoyed the campfire story/ fable time, sitting in rocking chairs. There are interesting talks by cast members, we learned a lot about Africa one night when we went to one. They are held in a room off of the lobby, to the left. There’s the Boma tour, which is fun ( it’s our favorite restaurant). I’d suggest picking up the events brochure there, or at any resort, to see highlights and times for what’s offered. Maybe you could do it online?

We had also planned to have the kitchen sink at Beaches, but changed our mind once were there and saw how sloppy messy it looked ( son wasn’t into it). I HIGHLY recommend the Milky Way sundae. Beyond amazing.

We love surrey bike races around the boardwalk area. Bike riding at the fort is fun too.

And the space center is a great take, but we found it to be a lot of riding/sitting for one day. The ride there, then a long tour, and the ride back). If your kids wouldn’t mind that then you may want to try it- I recommend not booking your time immediately after you get there to let everyone walk around a bit first.

Groupon- recently got great prices for character in flight balloon thingy at Disney springs. Sometimes there's groupon for other area mini golf, Gatorland etc.
AMC in Disney springs offers $2 off per ticket with AP.

The Void is cool too per my DD and DH.

A monorail crawl or other Disney transportation tour doesn't have to involve alcohol. While I like my wine, cocktails, and everything in between, I am pretty much the only one in my family who does. We LOVE visiting the resorts and enjoy the monorail and boat routes immensely. Try a "photo crawl" instead, and get some fun pics with the unique or iconic settings in the resort public areas. Make a list of the specialty treats at each resort and pick out one to try, with everyone having just a taste. Take pictures and rate each one.

On our last trip, my DSIL took the most wonderful and hilarious shots of our two wonderful grandsons hamming it up, mimicking the poses of the bigger than life sculptures around AoA resort. Absolutely free and priceless memories.
And it was so cool to explore that resort.

The culinary tours at AKL have been mentioned (great idea!) and there are a handful of other free tours at the resorts. We've done the Wonders of Wilderness Lodge tour and it was super informative re: WL architecture, theme, artifacts, ties to national parks, etc. The CM who led the tour was fantastic! There's also a Boardwalk Ballyhoo over at BW -- which could combo nicely with riding surry bikes around that area -- and I think GF has a tour as well. I believe these typically run around an hour and are offered select mornings.

Go to POR and watch the Ye Haw Bob show. The show is free and inside the River Roost Bar which is kid friendly bar. Bob encourages kids to participate. His is on vacation now and will be back June 26

AoA still has animation classes that are free.
At Kidani Village we did a scavenger hunt throughout the hotel. Check with your hotel front desk to see if they have games to play. It was a ton of fun and they gave us prizes.
FW has canoe rentals, archery lessons and wagon rides (not carriage) in the evening that are around $15 and fun.
If you have park hopper passes, you can try to see all 3 fireworks shows in one night. Crazy to do and insane to make happen but I've met people who have done it.
Wilderness lodge has guided tours of the lodge.
As others have mentioned - Behind the Seeds tour. It was a lot of fun and educational.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!