Non-Disney Disney Movies

mattboywonder

Earning My Ears
There are certain movies out there that are not Disney movies but, well kinda feel like they should be Disney movies.

For example

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. With Dick Van Dyke in the lead role and songs by the Sherman Brothers this story of 2 children, Jane and Michael - oops - I mean Jeremy and Jemima, is filled with fabulous musical numbers and a great villian - just imagine meet and greets with the Child Catcher at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

also

Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory - yes I am talking the original in the pre-Johnny Depp days. Again, great songs and Disney Imagineer Harper Goff onboard (no pun intended but 10 out of 10 if you get it) as art director thought Wonka himself is rather sinister, but hey it was the 70s and Disney was begining to go darker.

Does anyone have any non-Disney movies that have the Disney feel about them?

Land Before Time
American Tail
All Dogs Go To Heaven
(These were all done by Don Bluth, who once was an animator for Disney. Worked on The Rescuers)
I'm in the minority of preferring Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Gene Wilder is way too weird (weirder than Johnny Depp IMO) and that Charlie is WAY too whiny for my taste. Also of note, Roald Dahl hated that film so much he refused to give away the rights to the sequel. The Johnny Depp version is more true to the book. (And they squeezed the glass elevator in from the sequel.)

There are certain movies out there that are not Disney movies but, well kinda feel like they should be Disney movies.

For example

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. With Dick Van Dyke in the lead role and songs by the Sherman Brothers this story of 2 children, Jane and Michael - oops - I mean Jeremy and Jemima, is filled with fabulous musical numbers and a great villian - just imagine meet and greets with the Child Catcher at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

also

Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory - yes I am talking the original in the pre-Johnny Depp days. Again, great songs and Disney Imagineer Harper Goff onboard (no pun intended but 10 out of 10 if you get it) as art director thought Wonka himself is rather sinister, but hey it was the 70s and Disney was begining to go darker.

Does anyone have any non-Disney movies that have the Disney feel about them?

I agree that kidcatcher is scarier than a dog catcher.

Popeye has to be mine. It was a Disney Productions release, but I think it was pretty much only in the way that Toy Story was a film. Another studio made it but needed Disney's distribution power behind it. Horrible movie that I can't seem to get enough of!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter