Non-Floridian seniors, how many times have you been to Disney World?

Non-Floridian seniors, how many times have you've been to Disney World?

• 1-5

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • 6-15

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • 16-25

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 26-40

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • 41-60

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Over 61

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Bete

DIS Veteran
I'm a diehard Disney World fan. I'm a senior now. I have lived in Illinois and now live in Indiana. Through the years, we've been to Disney World over fifty times. Some trips were short ones like over holiday weekends. Many people close to us feel that's just too many times to go to one place. Our last trip was Dec., 2017. We are thinking about another trip in Dec., 2018. Some of the years we had annual passes; so, we would make multiple trips in the same year. Often time we'd have others join us on trips. Of course, we took our kids and our grandkids through the years. Also, it seemed everyone wanted to go with us. We would make it easy for those coming with us by doing most of the planning. I liked the planning aspects; so, I was fine with that aspect.

For some reason, I'm starting to question whether we should go again this year to Disney World. Just to say, we've been lucky enough to take other trips and do other destinations through the years, too. We have always had a travel bug. We don't have tunnel vision, here. Somehow, I'm still drawn to Disney World even now.

Anyway, this got me curious as to what other seniors do. How many times have you been to Disney World? I'm not trying to make this a brag sheet, but I figured Disboards members especially seniors just go more often. I'm wondering if that's right.

Five trips in the last year, using our Annual Passes; 40 Park Days. Retired in 2014 . . . two trips a year in 2014, 15, 16. We're ready to take a break, too; eyeing late 2020 to possibly begin another Annual Pass year.

Don't see how. If you are staying on-property you have the 60 day window for booking your FP+; or if using AP, a 30 day window. The only other issue would be ADPs at certain restaurants. (OTOH, I've never taken a trip during the hot months!)

Not sure what a "senior" is but I imagine I am creeping into that territory ...
.... 8 hours away and overall hundreds of visits. Last 12 mos ... 7 times.

I have been three times, so I am the one vote for 1-5 years. I went in Aug. 2004, Nov./Dec. 2016 and Oct. 2017.

I have seen Disney World for Christmas, Halloween and regular summer time. As much as I love Disney World, I won't be returning anytime too soon. There is 'A whole new world' out there to explore and Disney's prices keep rising plus bigger crowds (which is interesting in and of itself) and allowing "emotional" dogs (I have nothing against dogs, but when you're on vacation.. (What happens if cleaning services are afraid of dogs?) That does not include seeing eye/service dogs because people need those dogs to have a quality life). Also, it's terrible people will lie about their status to bring their dog to Disney, and take advantage of what other people sincerely need.

The above reasons just don't make it worth it for me for the forseeable future. Again, love Disney World but I want to visit other wonderful places too.

Last edited:
Some of the reasons we continue to go back over and over again is the Disney transportation system to the parks, using scooters is relatively easy there, and the great amount of hours available to enjoy the parks. We can go early, take a break/nap and return to the parks for the evening. The array of park hours is a real plus. If you get park hoppers there's even more hours a day available. We like FP+, too.

Being familiar with everything is very helpful, as well. There's a comfort zone for us going there. Also, we've been enough that I don't feel anything is a must do; we can relax.

Anyway, this got me curious as to what other seniors do. How many times have you been to Disney World? I'm not trying to make this a brag sheet, but I figured Disboards members especially seniors just go more often. I'm wondering if that's right.
I go at least twice a year (Jan and Sept) from California. Just got back. I got an AP that I will activate on my Sept trip so I know I'll get in three trips and am looking at maybe of five between Sept 2018 and Sept 2019.

Four times this year. I would say for my entire life over 30 trips to Disneyland or Disneyworld between the two. Will probably take a break for a few years until Star Wars is up and going. However with that said I can see myself trying to fit in one last trip before the annual pass expires in April!

I leave this Saturday for my 4th trip this year.

We live in Oregon and did not discover the joys of WDW until 2014 when we were 60/62. We loved it and have gone five times since then. We just returned from a January trip and I promptly planned a trip for November. I have some health consideration that occur without warning and I no longer feel comfortable leaving the US. However, because I find each trip to Disney World is a different experience we have not gotten bored at all! We have added a side trip to St Augustine and may do that with other places we'd like to visit in the area. We also try different resorts, events and experiences each time we go. I know some family members may think we have odd travel habits, but then again, they have never been the WDW and don't know what they are missing!

Not sure what your definition of 'senior' is but DW and I made 2 trips per year for many years before I retired at age 65 and we became snowbirds.

We try to go 3x per annual pass then skip a year to re blemish our DVC points. So far we have been there 25-30 times. But we are not retired yet! We need more DVC points before we retire!

I'm over 50, does that count (age wise)?

I estimate about 30, but have 2 trips this year booked, and plan at least another 2 (now that youngest is in college, oldest is working with DH but living at home, I have MANY vacations booked this year, and LOVE it as I earned this!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter