Non park day activities for little ones...

Beachmom0317

DIS Veteran
Any recommendations? I thought Disney Springs but we’re not huge shoppers and it seems like great night life which doesn’t appeal to us with the littles. Wondering what we can do! We go in early December so I’m not sure it’ll be swimming weather. Thanks

Maybe check out Animal Kingdom Lodge? There's also a bowling alley in Disney Springs

I cannot recommend the Crayola experience enough. We weren't expecting much the first time we went, but man is that place fun! I usually find a good ticket deal online. They have a crayon naming/wrapping station, spin art maker, shaped crayon maker, painting, interactive art/video walls, an escape room, climbing/play structures, crayon factory live demo, you can make birds that dance to a fun song, model magic areas,crafts, and a fun little game show. After a full day (easily 4-5 hours of stuff to do) you exit into the Florida Mall's play area. I might simply be sheltered, but that play area is one of the best I have ever seen. It is hard to describe, but we love it.

Where are you staying? We stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and the resort always has a full day of on-site activities available for off days as well.

If you are on Disney property, maybe you could visit the resorts to see the gingerbread house displays and holiday decorations, fish on bay lake, rent bikes, putt putt, take a horse and carriage ride, take a fireworks cruise ( we recently did Pirates and Pals and had a blast), drop the kids at Pixar Play zone so mom and dad can have a date night (also something we did recently and highly recommend), take a hay ride, watch a movie at one of the resort beaches.

At disney springs, even if you don't buy much, it can be fun to look around. The Lego store is very ineractive. There are a lot of cool scultpures and things to see at disney springs.

I totally agree that checking out Xmas decorations at the resorts are a lot of fun. I'd definitely recommend doing that.... It looks like you are staying at Fort Wilderness... so I'd suggest taking the boat over to the GF and Contemporary to see their gingerbread displays. its also a nice opportunity to do lunch at a different resort that might be worth checking out.... maybe Sanaa?

If you are staying at Fort Wilderness, checking out camp sites for Xmas displays, pony rides, archery are also fun options. You may be able to swim too.....

For us, our down day is typically just exploring the resort and letting the little one take the lead. Sometimes that means going to the pool when its rather cold but at least those pools are heated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!